Mahindra Bolero vs Mahindra Thar

Thread Starter #1

verna

Suspended
I am looking to buy a Jeep for Multi-purpose uses and rough and tough jobs.
Mind says Bolero SLX but Heart says Thar CRDe 4x4. Will go for a few pleasure trips too (max 100-300 kms), but mainly for city use.
What is the fuel efficiency of Bolero Di SLX and that of Thar CRDe 4x4 ??
Which do you think is a better buy ??
Bolero SLX comes with a rugged Di engine, power windows and steering, keyless entry, AC and heater, door open and seatbelt warning and a couple of more goodies....
Thar is plain and simple SNOB VALUE
Please suggest fellow members

Thanks and Cheers !

Re: Mahindra Scorpio Vlx - Mist silver

I am looking to buy a Jeep for Multi-purpose uses and rough and tough jobs.
Mind says Bolero SLX but Heart says Thar CRDe 4x4. Will go for a few pleasure trips too (max 100-300 kms), but mainly for city use.
What is the fuel efficiency of Bolero Di SLX and that of Thar CRDe 4x4 ??
Which do you think is a better buy ??
Bolero SLX comes with a rugged Di engine, power windows and steering, keyless entry, AC and heater, door open and seatbelt warning and a couple of more goodies....
Thar is plain and simple SNOB VALUE
Please suggest fellow members

Thanks and Cheers !
You are saying tough jobs, does that mean offroading by any means?
Based on that i can suggest you.

Thread Starter #3

verna

Suspended

You are saying tough jobs, does that mean offroading by any means?
Based on that i can suggest you.
No, not offroading. Tough jobs means household work such as carrying trash for selling to the scrap dealer, transporting some books/documents piles, taking the dog to the vet( he's a big sized dog ), transporting saplings of plants for the garden from shop to home... kind of misc activity. Basically city run but maybe a few pleasure trips on highways once in a while....

Mahindra Scorpio 2.6 CRDe DX has served me well for this purpose and never let me down. But that is a sophisticated SUV I think and Bolero is rugged [;)]
Want a Bolero DI !!

No, not offroading. Tough jobs means household work such as carrying trash for selling to the scrap dealer, transporting some books/documents piles, taking the dog to the vet( he's a big sized dog ), transporting saplings of plants for the garden from shop to home... kind of misc activity. Basically city run but maybe a few pleasure trips on highways once in a while....

Mahindra Scorpio 2.6 CRDe DX has served me well for this purpose and never let me down. But that is a sophisticated SUV I think and Bolero is rugged [;)]
Want a Bolero DI !!
I think you should probably go for Bolero.
It does it jobs very well in all conditions, but i think its bit cramped for all your household works, but a better buy than Thar.
Thar is especially for offroading.

Thread Starter #5

verna

Suspended
Actually was thinking of a Thar CRDe 4x4 too.... But the CRDe engine makes me think twice as it is a fuel guzzler and Thar being mainly for off-roading. And yes, Bolero SLX DI gives a good package (AC and heater,power windows and power steering,Seat belt warning and door ajar warning, keyless entry, MP3/CD player...etc)
Just a few mods like alloys and good art-leather seat covers will make it good I think.
Thanks and cheers [:)]

I think you should probably go for Bolero.
It does it jobs very well in all conditions, but i think its bit cramped for all your household works, but a better buy than Thar.
Thar is especially for offroading.
Yeah .... I think so too. Bolero is more value for money than Thar :)
Thar is for pure offroading enthusiasts else has got its own snob-value in city runs ( well - modified Thars )

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6

verna

Suspended
I think I will go for the Bolero..
What is the fuel efficiency of Bolero SX Di ?
And the approximate Delhi ex-showroom price (it is not mentioned in the webpage saying price-list being revised) !!
Any idea fellow members ??

Thanks and Cheers ! [:)]

I think I will go for the Bolero..
What is the fuel efficiency of Bolero SX Di ?
And the approximate Delhi ex-showroom price (it is not mentioned in the webpage saying price-list being revised) !!
Any idea fellow members ??

Thanks and Cheers ! [:)]
The mileage of Bolero is somewhere around 11.2 -12 with AC.
Without AC it gives 14 kmpl.
I am telling you the exact figures based on Scorpio m2DI which comes with Bolero engine.
Why don't you go for that.

AMG

Suspended
Dont buy the thar unless you do hardcore off-roading.

And for the works you just mentioned, any SUV would do, heck any soft-roader would do.

I agree with Mukesh & AMG, you should go for Bolero. Thar is for a specific need and based on your requirement, Bolero suits well.

350Z

Core Team
Both the cars have their own advantages. Thar is primarily a weekend ‘fun’ vehicle and best if you’re planning for serious off roading stuff. Mahindra Bolero will suit your requirements perfectly well. Also, wait for sometime because Mahindra Bolero Facelift is around the corner which is loaded with some nice features.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12

verna

Suspended
Both the cars have their own advantages. Thar is primarily a weekend ‘fun’ vehicle and best if you’re planning for serious off roading stuff. Mahindra Bolero will suit your requirements perfectly well. Also, wait for sometime because Mahindra Bolero Facelift is around the corner which is loaded with some nice features.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Any idea when its going to be launched ?? Are they sticking to the same rugged 2.5 L Di engine or changing it by any chance ?
The interiors of Bolero could go for a fresh look ... (Minus the engine change)

350Z

Core Team
Most likely New Bolero should launch in a month or so. Engine will be the 75BHP from Scorpio EX.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom