Mahindra Alturas G4: Flagship SUV From Mahindra

The Fortuner is a big competition in this price range. The Endeavour , though being quite a good package, was badly shaken by the Fortuner launch, and still has not been able to regain its market share.
While I do not think that the Alturas may take away any sales from the Fortuner, I think Endeavour may lose out more to the Alturas bringing the sales figures further down. I can predict another price revision by Ford for the Endeavour.

Not really sure if Mahindra has done the packaging right, either the price is too high or the product is not that great at least by the looks of it

Not sure if people spending 3 Millions will choose this over the Fortuner or the Endy..

Probably, It might pull in some buyers from Innova ( May be )

There's a big plus point with this vehicle - The transmission .

Its one hired from Mercedes- The 7speedGtronics.

Its not an SUV for enthusiastic taste , but a one round package, if one expects in this point .

Being an owner of a XUV and a past owner of a MM550, I know how Mahindra has come forward in technology and quality. No doubt the vehicle looks stunning, but pricing is quite too high.
Second, Mahindra car names end with O's and alturas doesn't. So I have a gut feeling of the namology will work for the Alturas.
Anyways a brilliant looking vehicle! All the best Mahindra.

Why Mahindra Why??

Should've done something like Harrier. I know it costs money and time. BUT this shameless rebadging. No [frustration]
Well, they did try to bring Ssangyong brand to india, thru RExton, that didn't work well. Mahindra is much stronger brand that Ssangyong in India so tried the rebadging route, Ssangyong for MnM is not what JLR is for Tata. So they(MnM) can dilute the Ssanyong brand by rebadging.

Management must have thought it to be win win situation, if things work and Alturas gets traction in indian market, then bring a version 2 in year or so which will be on lines of What Tata did with Harrier, if it doesn't, they haven't lost in time and money.

Plus the brand is too strong so even if Alturas fail they can build xuv700 based on Alturas and bring it will much big fanfare.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra Alturas crash tested – Gets 5 star safety rating like Toyota Fortuner SUV

Mahindra Alturas G4 comes equipped with 9 airbags (driver seat, passenger seat, driver’s knee protection, side airbags in 1st & 2nd rows, and curtain airbags); and Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Active Rollover Protection (ARP), Brake Assist System (BAS), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Traction Control System, ABS + EBD and Emergency Stop Signal. Built on ultra-high strength steel quad frame structure, and fortified with side impact beams and front crumple zones, Hill Descent Control (HDC), immobiliser, and ISOFIX mounts for child seat are standard features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqG_J3v-klw#action=share

Read:

Ssangyong Korea, the only popular vehicle it sold decently especially in the Gulf was the Korando (earlier generation), the 3 doors which resembled the Jeep, Rexton was a flop like in India.

I would rather pay 3.3 million for a time tested Fortuner than this.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra Alturas spied testing with SsangYong Rexton badge in Chennai

mahindra-alturas-petrol-spied-india-launch-price.jpg

Automotive enthusiast from Chennai, Karthikeyan has managed to click a photo of Mahindra Alturas wearing SsangYong Rexton badge. Point to be noted here is that the Mahindra Altruas is in fact a rebadged SsangYong Rexton. It is possible that the Rexton above is a test mule of petrol engine, or upgraded BS6 compliant diesel engine. Chennai is where the R&D center of Mahindra Automotive is located.

mahindra-alturas-suv-photos-india-launch-suv-4.jpg

Read:

Top Bottom