M800 what would be the best price?

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

I have a Aug 2001 M-800 Std Euro-2 white colour. It has been used sparingly, run for just around 20,000 kms - single user. The car is in good condition with just some minor nicks and scrapes.

What in your opinion, is a good price for this car? Can you please advise.

Will be grateful to know your opinions [:)]

Wow! We are exactly in the same situation. I have a Nov 2001 M800 AC run 36km, white! And we might have to sell it next month!

A good price for you car in Bangalore, as per my research, would be Rs 80,000-95000. If it has an AC, you might get Rs 80-85,000, and a higher amount if it has an AC. Bangalore's used cars ar overpriced, thanks to higher Road tax and other factors, so you might be able to get even Rs 1 lakh, irrespective of if the car is ACed or not.

All the best.

an 800 of this age & odo reading would go for 70-80k if its in a very good condition. i highly doubt anyone would buy a 9 year old 800 for 1 lakh rupees, as arkin mentioned. you would be really lucky if you get someone like that.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the inputs. Just met a valuer from True Value, he offered me 70K.

And Arkin, 80-85 is what I had in mind, but the valuer says that is difficult. I may get that rate from a direct buyer, but then I won't get the exchange bonus if I buy a new car through Maruti. That is my predicament[confused]

I will try a couple more places and then see where I get the best rate [:)]

Is your car ACed? True value offered us Rs 60,000 because our car has a Chennai registration, and LTT has not been paid in KA. He said he would have given us Rs 80-85 and upwards if it had a KA registration.

Excuse me, we are Bangaloreans. Unlike Mumbai where used cars come dirt cheap, we pay/get more here.
you are excused. i know you are bangaloreans!

i posted the value in bangalore itself, in mumbai, it would go for 65-75k. i dont understand how you "get" more in bangalore when compared to mumbai?

Thanks for the inputs. Just met a valuer from True Value, he offered me 70K.

And Arkin, 80-85 is what I had in mind, but the valuer says that is difficult. I may get that rate from a direct buyer, but then I won't get the exchange bonus if I buy a new car through Maruti. That is my predicament[confused]
@ Arkin: This is what i had meant buddy. looks like i was not totally wrong!

@ deepak: i think you should sell your car to an individual, it would definitely go for more money.

Last edited:
Arkin, i said 70-80k for an Aug 2001 M-800 Euro-2, 20000 kms run, single user & in good condition registered in karnataka.

I dint miss your post. Anyways, whats the point in both of us debating over this?

Thread Starter #10
Is your car ACed? True value offered us Rs 60,000 because our car has a Chennai registration, and LTT has not been paid in KA. He said he would have given us Rs 80-85 and upwards if it had a KA registration.
Arkin - it is a non-AC car. Looks like 70-75K is the maximum I can get from Maruti. I am getting it valued by 3-4 dealers so that I can get the best possible rate [;)]

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Hi friends,

I have a Aug 2001 M-800 Std Euro-2 white colour. It has been used sparingly, run for just around 20,000 kms - single user. The car is in good condition with just some minor nicks and scrapes.

What in your opinion, is a good price for this car? Can you please advise.

Will be grateful to know your opinions
With that much of mileage on odometer, your car is still a virgin. And story of your car seems to be similar as of mine; it’s also a white color, similar odometer reading, :smile: but DX and was bought a couple of years later. I’d rather say, you should consider selling it to a genuine individual which assures the chances that you can fetch a little better price, and ball is in your court if it is extremely well-kept, accident free and detailed service history is available too. Also, post some pictures of the car if possible, which would give us an idea of its current condition.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom