LXi's New Honda City - One Year Ownership Review

ya about using this as a rear view mirror . how will you see the rear coming vehicles? is the display is some kind of mirror finish or all time cam on?
The cam will be actuated only when we engage reverse gear. There will be a lag of 1-2 sec before you can see image on the screen.

The screen is mounted on the center rear view mirror and it is having a reflective coating. since it is having larger area than the factory one, the visibility is comparatively wider.

I never had problems with rear view. It was always better than OEM mirrors.
After using this and when I switched to another car iIfelt some problems for a while. After some time, I got adjusted to it.[thumbsup]

Hey Lxi, I read your post on the way ur accident occurred. Very dangerous, please keep your concentration always on the road, whatever maybe. In your case, looks like you have somewhat regained control of the vehicle asap.Good for you. As regards the love for the machine is concerned,it hurts, but man is always more important than machine. Drive safe.

Thread Starter #33

lxi.

Suspended
Thanks Markiv. Yes , Most of the time I drive sanely. But when there are such mouth watering roads (60kms of Open Highway road with minimal traffic)

So, Drove spiritedly!
Otherwise , No problem!

Happy Holi!

Thread Starter #34

lxi.

Suspended
So, Guys, Here are updates (Big ones).

MILEAGE FIGURES AND LAST 8 DAY STATS-
The info is in this order-

DATE - KMS. TRAVELLED - FUEL USED(Approx.) - PRICE FOR FUEL (Approx.)

1.3.12 - 95 kms - 10.3 L - Rs.740
2.3.12 - 102 kms - ... - ...
3.3.12 - 92 kms - 14 L - Rs1000
4.3.12 - 91 kms - ... - ...
5.3.12 - 97 kms - ... - ...
6.3.12 - 90 kms - 14 L - Rs.1000
7.3.12 - 88 kms - ... - ...
8.3.12 - 107 kms - ... -... (Just one mark up from empty currently)

Total Kms. Travelled - 762 kms.
Total Fuel Used - 38.3 L (Approx)
Total Money for Fuel - Rs. 2740 (Approx)

Cost of running - Rs/km
- Rs.2740/762kms
- Rs.3.59/ 1 km
- Rs. 3.59 per km.

Mileage for day 1 and 2 (1.3.12 and 2.3.12) - 20.3 kmpl.
Mileage for Day 3,4 and 5 (3.3.12, 4.3.12 and 5.3.12) - 20 kmpl.
Mileage for Day 6,7 and 8 (6.3.12, 7.3.12 and 8.3.12) - 19.1 kmpl.

OVERALL MILEAGE - 20.3+20+19.1 divided by 3
= 59.4 / 3
= 19.8 KMPL. Cool!

The above figures are on 95 % Highway drive , Speed - 100-130 kmph average and A/C off.

(Got the above data done by my friend, Sorry, If any mistakes)

PICS ? They are coming soon!

Cheers.

hey,nice man,amazing figures you got.[clap]what about the fe with ac?
presently i have city smt2012,and getting 10.1 in a 50-50 city highway driving.give me some tips too to stand somewhere near your figures.:please:

^^How much has your City covered?
Because as much I remember,the FE improves significantly after two services are done.

Rest,to get the best of FE from City,go to the highway and keep your car in the vicinity of 90-110 kph in top gear and see what great FE you get out of it.
We have many times got 19+ in the City on highways(90%) by driving at these speeds only.
One amazing thing that I noticed is that if you drive a City at very low revs in top gear then the engine seems to be running on the load and hence the FE really dips.Once we tried to get the best of FE in a City by driving at 60-70 kph in top gear continuously for about 100 kms by using the tank full method and to our shock,the car consumed more than 6.5 liters of petrol in it,while doing 90-100 kph we go 100 kms in somewhat less than 5.5 liters while driving sedately.

^^How much has your City covered?
Because as much I remember,the FE improves significantly after two services are done.

Rest,to get the best of FE from City,go to the highway and keep your car in the vicinity of 90-110 kph in top gear and see what great FE you get out of it.
We have many times got 19+ in the City on highways(90%) by driving at these speeds only.
One amazing thing that I noticed is that if you drive a City at very low revs in top gear then the engine seems to be running on the load and hence the FE really dips.Once we tried to get the best of FE in a City by driving at 60-70 kph in top gear continuously for about 100 kms by using the tank full method and to our shock,the car consumed more than 6.5 liters of petrol in it,while doing 90-100 kph we go 100 kms in somewhat less than 5.5 liters while driving sedately.
thanks vipul,right now covered 500kms,will be leaving for jaipur soon and will try to drive as you said on bharatpur-jaipur highway and will update you if it really works for me or not.
but i am sure this model is definitely not better than 2011 model.

See buddy,already the raised ground clearance has taken its toll on the City's handling.And hence now the City is slightly lesser fun to drive as compared to the outgoing model.

Right now you have covered just 500 kms and hence you may take the car anywhere,rest assured you won't get anything higher than 15 kpl,that also with very sedate driving.There is no use of telling lies to you,I have mentioned the truth in direct words,now its upon you to accept it right now or after the trip.

Let your City become at least 3-4000 kms old then you will see slight rise in FE and after it crosses 7-8000 kms mark,then it will give you the true City FE.Till then you will have to be satisfied with such figures only.So I'd recommend you to touch that mileage as soon as possible.

It is all about how you drive. If there is sudden variation in throttling the FE will drop drastically. If constant throttle in respective gears, it would be good to get nice FE. And keep a close monitor on the MID instant. Try to make sure that it is always crossing 10 mark.

Top Bottom