LXi's New Honda City - One Year Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1

lxi.

Suspended
Enjoy Your Challenges! My Tafeta White Honda City V MT.

Hello TAIndians, as my first review was fake and posted by my friend[anger][anger], heres my original review.

The ANHC was brought by me on 3 March ’11. The cars i had in mind were the swift dzire, sx4, vento, and the city.
I know the dzire and city are far from each other in the price range. But my dad loved it as it was an Indian car (fully made in india), but my bro was against it as it was the swift from front (except the chrome peices, lines in the front grill) and the rear actually didn’t match well with the car. So, it was ruled out, next coming to the sx4, the car had all muscle, power, attitude, discounts, everything and we were just an inch from buying it that my brother said that why spent this much money for and Indian car and for maruti, vento is a german car. German technology, more better,. So, at last in this race were the city(V, as it had alloys) and the vento (Petrol highline). But the Vento was having plain design on the exteriors and my dream was the city. Three of our family members were inclined towards Honda city. We finalised it. As we are not a great fan of AT, we selected the MT. Colour was made in mind that, either white or silver. White looked more good on the city, so it was done.
White ANHC V MT.
So, its been almost a year and the car has run just 8 thousand kms till now(we use it very often, just my dad goes to office). My observations are-

Exterior- The looks are almost killer. Front headlights look blackened on my white colour. The car looks rocking from all the angles. The front end dominates the large headlamps and the greyish grille with the meaty Honda badge on it. The side profile is made even good with those sporty 15” alloys(5 spoke). The rear end looks nice with those squarish(almost squarish) lamps with lines running through the boot and the body of the car. The number plate light is not working, will check it on the 2nd service.

Interiors- Look premium with those beige coloured upholstery. At night, the dash turns cool with red/ orange illumination. The interior space is Ok.(actually cant compare as i have upgraded from alto). The boot has enormous space(atleast for us, we do very less long trips). The car has served well and the mileage is consistent between 8-10kmpl as my dad drives by revving much than changing gears. The car gives jerks in between and a thad thad sound comes from front left door on bumps. The mudflap has fallen off and the black plastic part has come off.

Ride¬- ride is very smooth with the gear box being slick and stylish. My dad often take the car on 3rd gear till 55-60km. It is again a difficult task to reverse the car and we have bumped many times and the taillight is broken from the side. But in delhi traffic, the alto is more preferable.

Pros¬-(actually every thing is good as i have upgraded from alto)
Nice appealing looks, nice interiors, good space and boot space, Honda dealership, very common midsize sedan, easily available spare parts.

Cons- the mileage, the console indicates 7.4,9.4 etc sometimes even on highways, the low height(have kissed the belly of my car with speed breakers of my area)

So thats all till now. Will keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
Re: Lxi's NEW HONDA CITY 1 YEAR OWNERSHIP!

Excellent writep lxi. I have formatted you post for better readability. Do post some pics of your ride, an ownership report is incomplete without them. Also do share the service costs which will help you tally the expenses with our co-members.

Thread Starter #3

lxi.

Suspended

Thanks Akash.
I am not posting the pics as these would be public which i am not allowed to do by family members.

REgarding the Service costs, my car has been through only one service. Oil was not changed in the first service, the car got a nice wash and the cost came up to RS. 900-1k(as i remember, these are not exact prices).The service was just Rs.200(as i remember) and the car had some denting and painting repairs.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Honda City is one of the better cars in the segment and it was a wise upgrade from an Alto. Nice that you own a feature loaded top-end variant. Some pictures would be nice to have for us. You can blur the registration number in case you have an objection.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5

lxi.

Suspended
Hello guys. Sorry for the delay in reply[cry]. As most of you were insisting on a pic of my Honda city.
Here it goes-

fdf.jpg

I am currently out of town and staying in Neemrana (Near RaJasthan). The car has completed 15000kms till now! Currently drove some 90kms without any break! The mileage showed 16.9kmpl[clap]! Credit goes to the road. Almost 60kms open highway road! Speed - Never below 100kmph. Drove at a constant speed of 130kmph! The mileage figures have improved a lot after the service![thumbsup]

Cheers!

Just one pic is injustice. Post some other pics via different angels. Interior Pics also.

16.9 kmpl is good.

[cheers]

REgarding the Service costs, my car has been through only one service. Oil was not changed in the first service, the car got a nice wash and the cost came up to RS. 900-1k(as i remember, these are not exact prices).The service was just Rs.200(as i remember) and the car had some denting and painting repairs.
Congrats Lxi! Just 1 clarification. My new Jazz's 1st service was fully free. The engine oil was changed in 2nd service which costed around 2800bucks. Whys there so much difference between servicing costs of city n jazz?

Cheers
Jazzy

Thread Starter #8

lxi.

Suspended
@Bunty, Will post more pics buddy. Not getting time now. Very busy. Actually, Have to do daily up and down from NeemRana to Faridabad. So, Not getting time.

@Jazzy - Buddy, My City had First free service but i qouted them a problem (Not I, My dad) so he made up the bill. The difference, I dont know why it is so!
Will check in the second Serivce.

My City got a Scratch and Dent :(
A swift (With bodykit) zoomed past me and In order to take out my phone for taking a photo (Every TAI'n has this instinct), I was travelling at 120kmph and the Swift guy was more than 130kmph for sure. Suddenly, I was looking down and didnt came to know that the car was not on the Highway and had came to the side (Grass) andI saw and slowed down easily and was not bothering to see that there was a GUTTER (A very big one) and rammed the car over it. Came back to the road and came out to inspect the damage. So , it is in the fornt bumper Left side bottom, A dent and some scratches (Which are most probably by small tress which i uprooted). Very sad now :(
What can i do ro remove it? How much will it cost as ASS and aftermarket?

FOR tinkering and painting works better go outside.
for my nano painting the bumper alone costs 5000 in ASS but outside painting + full body teflon coat was 2500rs and also if you are in a good relationship with the shop owners they will clear small scratches like the one on the OVRM edges for free.:)

@Bunty, Will post more pics buddy. Not getting time now. Very busy. Actually, Have to do daily up and down from NeemRana to Faridabad. So, Not getting time.

@Jazzy - Buddy, My City had First free service but i qouted them a problem (Not I, My dad) so he made up the bill. The difference, I dont know why it is so!
Will check in the second Serivce.

My City got a Scratch and Dent :(
A swift (With bodykit) zoomed past me and In order to take out my phone for taking a photo (Every TAI'n has this instinct), I was travelling at 120kmph and the Swift guy was more than 130kmph for sure. Suddenly, I was looking down and didnt came to know that the car was not on the Highway and had came to the side (Grass) andI saw and slowed down easily and was not bothering to see that there was a GUTTER (A very big one) and rammed the car over it. Came back to the road and came out to inspect the damage. So , it is in the fornt bumper Left side bottom, A dent and some scratches (Which are most probably by small tress which i uprooted). Very sad now :(
What can i do ro remove it? How much will it cost as ASS and aftermarket?
When I asked about the paint work, here in kerala Honda SA quoted 2500/- for one bumber side.
Since your car is 1 year old and if you don't want to spend too much on that, you can get it done from outside.

for mine also there were some scratches in the front left bumber (thanks to my dad) and one on the rear left bumber (my mistake).
I ordered "com touch up spray paint" which comes in Honda tafeta white shade. it comes with sand paper for rubbing, tafeta white paint spray, Finishing agent, and polish.

I did it by myself. One thing is that it will not give nice finish. But the black scratches will not be visible. It is good for small scratches.

If you

Thread Starter #11

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, But according to me, It is not visible much! (Hehe!). Not in a mood to take car to Aftermarket shops. So, Waiting till next scratch/Dent comes!

Also, There is a small dent just below the Fog lamp (Left one) and 2 large visible dents on the running board (I am not sure it is running borad!, It is the Panel below the Front and Rear doors!) which was gifted to the car by my dad.

Yes, But according to me, It is not visible much! (Hehe!). Not in a mood to take car to Aftermarket shops. So, Waiting till next scratch/Dent comes!

Also, There is a small dent just below the Fog lamp (Left one) and 2 large visible dents on the running board (I am not sure it is running borad!, It is the Panel below the Front and Rear doors!) which was gifted to the car by my dad.
Honda City is a nice choice among petrol heads. I love it. But it's funny to hear you are waiting for a dent on it. [surprise]
Just ask your dad for one more gift then [evil]

Thread Starter #14

lxi.

Suspended
Hehe . Nice one Vivian!

Yes mukeshus, Not getting time now. Will upload more soon! Maybe by this weekend!

Lxi bhai,congrats,but...but..but...
One pic is inadequate and inadequate means inadequate..even I also shared a lot of pics of my friend's City and you are trying to give us a lollipop of one pic...this is not done buddy.:stupid:

Top Bottom