Luxury Cars within Rs.10 - 18 Lakh?

Hello Daipayan, welcome aboard. Here is all you have demanded for:

So my main demands are. Importance wise :-

1.Decent Mileage 11 kmpl
2. 6 Six-airbags traveling 8 hours a day on at least 2 days a week becomes hectic and the drive while returning becomes fatigued.
3.Value for money. Can be aftermarket Must haves :_
a) Decent ICE with Blluetooth Handsfree , Touchscreen.
b) Keyless Entry like the one in Chevy Cruze .
c) Cruise Control . I travel every week two times to Mumbai.
d) Rear Parking Assist with Camera.
4.Quick and responsive engine (Powerful as well) must be Diesel.
And here is what I have to say, now you can choose accordingly:

• Chevrolet Cruze: Power and nothing else. In fact usable power is also not as much as it sounds. The car never feels like it has 163 horses under the hood and is not at all much fun to drive too.
  • Honda Civic: Discontinued!!
  • Toyota Corolla Altis: In case you can go for petrol, then this car worth consideration. Leave the six airbags and cruise control, rest this car has all you have demanded for. And the engine is really very responsive and real world driveability is also fantastic.
  • Skoda Laura: If you go for M/T, then this car has just 110 horses, but good is that all 110 of them are usable and hence despite of being a heavy car, this car still has respectable performance. If you go for A/T then you get 140 well disciplines and well performer horses and this car also offers nearly all you need except touch screen and some more gizmos, but A/T costs above your budget!! Still, if fun to drive is what you need than this is the car to go for. If you can adjust with petrol, the I'd highly recommend you to TD the TSI for once, the car will say it all itself, I need not to speak anything in its favor.
  • Hyundai Sonata Transform (i have heard there are new fluidic versions of sonata and elantra coming up if its true then please comment.)... Elantra is already in the market with 1.6 CRDi engine and offers all you have asked for, in fact even more.
  • Maruti Suzuki Kizashi: Not recommended at all...
  • Tata Aria: Hmm, you can think of it but I guess, XUV W8 makes more sense and offers all you need too.
  • Volkswagen Jetta: This is the car I'd highly recommend, go for trendline of comfortline variant in M/T. This car has nearly all you need and is very much fun to drive too.

Oops, I guess I am late at replying.
Congoz buddy for selecting the most fun to drive diesel sedan at the price.

Last edited:

Top Bottom