Low Sales of Nano: Tata Pulls Up Their Socks!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
As most of us are already aware that the much-hyped car from Tata Motors has failed to do wonders for the company last month with bare sales of 509 units only, resulting that the officials have finally pulled up their socks to re-generate the excitement. Here are a couple of examples of same:

1) 4 Years/60,000 Kms Warranty: The continuous fire-accidents with the car have sure created an uncertainty about the Nano amongst buyers. That is why, To demonstrate the trust on their product, Tata Motors is now offering a warranty of complete 4 Years / 60,000 Kms with Nano.

2) A Touchy TV Commercial: Still, in the 21st Century, Nothing works better than TV Commercials, especially when they deeply touch your heart. Targetting same, Tata has yet again produced a spot-on TV Advertisement. Just have a look at it yourself. :smile:

YouTube - Tata Nano Launch Film

Drive Safe,
350Z

ad was touching..and good.

but nano was in my list since some time but accommodation was issue. as i already own a small car punto and it will be awkward with one more even "smaller" car nano. i am just waiting for them to launch it with refinements like crdi engine and better braking .

needless to say nano is a best head turner in country now and globaly we indians are now almost known as nano guys ( in positive sense).

recently one of my far neighbour bought a yellow nano because her 5 year old kid wont go to school if it is not nano. she already own a scorpio and a swift. now a youngling nano. the child is very happy and always drooling around it (looks like child could be a potential automotiveindia member in future maybe)

Last edited:
Nice ad , i think last month was one-off for Nano. I think sales will be back to normal if there are no more fire accidents and also now extended warranty is a good addition.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
ad was touching and good. but nano was in my list since some time but accommodation was issue. as i already own a small car punto and it will be awkward with one more even "smaller" car nano. i am just waiting for them to launch it with refinements like crdi engine and better braking.
Tata Motors is consistently working around to make this car better, and I am sure that we can expect a more feature-laden version in the near future.

needless to say nano is a best head turner in country now and globaly we indians are now almost known as nano guys ( in positive sense).
True. If there’s anything after exotic cars in our country, it is the Tata Nano which is making the heads turn on the public roads. :biggrin:

recently one of my far neighbour bought a yellow nano because her 5 year old kid wont go to school if it is not nano. she already own a scorpio and a swift. now a youngling nano. the child is very happy and always drooling around it (looks like child could be a potential automotiveindia member in future maybe)
Quite Interesting, Now that the Tata’s advertising firm has put the use of a child’s emotions in a very creative way, it is definitely going to attract masses of audiences.

Drive Safe,
350Z

oh man!! tata is at its again!! what an excellent advertisemnt [clap] this should become advert of the year and will definately increase nano's sales.

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
Let us add to that another instance – Tata Motors has just now announced that the Nano is available in all the dealerships across the country. This really shows how concerned they are, and now the sales are definitely picking up.

Drive Safe,
350Z

yup the sales are getting back on thier track. well good for tata because it had been embarrasment for them if their hyped cheapest car was not selling..its not only us. its world now that is watching nano!!

It was projected that the Nano will achieve sales of around 5,000 units in December after it fell down to 509 units in November, which happened as a result of some spontaneous fires and lack of easy finance, according to top five dealers. In July 2010, Nano registered record sales of 9,000 units before falling down in Nov

Good news to Tata and Nano enthusiasts!

Nano sales back on track with December 2010 alone seeing 5600+ Nanos flying off showroom shelves[thumbsup].

that's a really good news given the dismal sales of 509 units in Nov 2010.

Thanks to Tata for the right promotion and their extended 4 year/60,000 km warranty.

The Nano deserves better sales and let us hope Tata continues the momentum.

It was projected that the Nano will achieve sales of around 5,000 units in December after it fell down to 509 units in November, which happened as a result of some spontaneous fires and lack of easy finance, according to top five dealers. In July 2010, Nano registered record sales of 9,000 units before falling down in Nov
low sales figures are for last year (2010) and tata have implemented all those new selling gimmicks in december-end or jan so it will be worth seeing in january / february sales chart if nano has really gained momentum or not!

Top Bottom