Low Budget Used Diesel Car (Bought Used Maruti 800)

Re: Low Budget Used Diesel Car - Suggestions Required

Through my friend I got an offer for 2002 Ikon 1.8D with 78k on odo, second owner, Chennai registered. Appearance is average with scratches on bumper and doors. Got art leather seat covers and tyre condition is average (may last for next 10k km) Engine is bit noisy and clutch is slightly hard (compared to my City) Insurance available for next 5 months.
Owner is quoting 1.75 lakhs. What say guys? Sorry, no snaps.
This smells to be a good deal,and the price is somewhat attractive anyway give it a try know,guess you can find a good mechanic in coimbatore to repair diesel Ikons

there is a average codn ikon guess 2002 model 2nd owner car for sale. Price is 1.30lakhs. PM me for more details

Please include Icon TDCI and Ford Fiesta in your list may be you have to pay little more but it is worth.

Thread Starter #19

Sorry for the late reply guys

This smells to be a good deal,and the price is somewhat attractive anyway give it a try know,guess you can find a good mechanic in coimbatore to repair diesel Ikons
This particular car was sold on the next day itself. My friend's colleague bought her for 1.6 lakhs.

there is a average codn ikon guess 2002 model 2nd owner car for sale.
Hi Bharath, thanks for the info. Please PM me the details.

Please include Icon TDCI and Ford Fiesta in your list may be you have to pay little more but it is worth.
Both these cars are out of my budget (to be frank, almost double my budget) If this car is going to be my prime mover, it is worth spending. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion and please inform me if you could get some sweet deals of TDCi.

Thread Starter #20

Picked a M800

Hunt for a diesel car within my budget ended up with a known M800. None of the diesel cars I came across satisfied my heart, either crossed 100k km or not maintained well or over priced (or out of my budget) Finally one of our family friend agreed to sell his M800 to us.

Year: 2000
Color: Maroon
Odo: 68k (genuine)
Ownership: 1st
Insurance: Comp till May 2012
Accessories:
Lovato LPG kit, basic Pioneer HU with front speakers (he had oval speakers in the rear which was removed during LPG tank fitment), front bull bar (or what so ever we call it as), remote lock (don't remember the brand)
Condition of vehicle:
Overall it is in good condition with minor dents and scratches. I remember there was a long scratch on the passenger side door. Engine was good (I mentioned "WAS GOOD" since I haven't driven the vehicle recently) 2 tyres were in good condition and 2 in average condition with a useless spare wheel.

The Deal
My dad's friend owns a Dzire LDi (2008) and M800 (2000) as his second car, mostly used by his wife for past 3 years. Called him today morning to wish for his birthday. After some regular chats I said I have taken Honda City a month back he said he is looking to exchange his M800 for either i10 or K10. Asked him if he could sell his M800 to me and without a second thought he said "dear, if you want the car, take it." I don't want to finalise the deal before consulting my dad. I called him and explained the whole story and he gave me a 'green signal'. Asked him to speak to his friend as I don't want to bargain with him directly. I told my dad finalise the deal for anything less than 75k and he did for 70k

No inspection, no TD, no history verification. Finally the baby is in our shed this evening. Yet to pay him but got RC and other documents except the transfer documents.

Sorry guys, no pictures until I go to my home town (I hope atleast for next 2months no plan to visit) Will start the ownership thread once I drive her.

Cheers[thumbsup]

PS: mods, please help me renaming this thread.

350Z

Core Team
That’s a surprise. Nice deal, congratulations! Post some pictures as soon as possible.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #24
Managed to get this snap from my dad. Ownership thread with more snaps will be started once I go home

Attachments

The car looks good Sathish. Hope this would suffice for your requirement.
Do have a check done on the engine, clutch, gear conditions since this was lady driven for a while.
May be you could pour in more photos once you visit native. BTW, native is TN 38 or TN 39?

And not to mention: These days dad's are grooming themselves into good photographers [;)].

Thread Starter #30
hi sathish me too in coimbatore can u sell this 800 after your marriage??
[thinking]
Dear, will think of it after marriage. May / may not be required for my parents.

Thanks for your interest.

PS: Even if I'm willing to sell, you should wait for another 6 months. I'm getting married by this August end only.[:)]

Top Bottom