Nice pictures Nuvo but the fitting of seat covers is not very good , very very loose. And price of 3M underbody coating seems okay for me , Jazz is a hatch alright but a premium and a pretty big one , so the cost looks okay for me.
After some long drives, followings are my additional observations about Jazz:
1. No affect of huge cost reduction has been noticed. The car looks & feels as solid as it was 2 months back.
2. Though no dead pedal is provided, but considerable gap near clutch pedal to rest drivers foot ensures that driver will remain free from fatigue even after a long drive. In 2 days I had to cover around 600 km and hardly faced any issue. Comfort is very good.
3. While moving through small towns & markets of villages where there is no traffic rule, I wished horn pad was slightly nearer to my thumb.
4. Meaty steering wheel is very much confidence inspiring. However steering feedback is not so.
5. Car is very much pliant at high speed in highways. Its only in the corners, where excessive body rolls spoils the party. This car is not meant for attacking sharp corners at good speed.
6. There is some considerable Tyre noise at speed over 120 kmph.
7. I had to travel through some really rough patches. Car did not lose balance but occupant some time did. So handling was good but ride is not very compliant over rough patches. Some suspension thuds do filter in. BTW, ground clearance has not been an issue.
Hope Honda hasn’t done major cost-cutting quality wise on Jazz. Also I expect this will be a reliable car for years to come, but two months time is still a little early to comment about actual ownership niggles.
Actually there is nothing much to write except that Jazz had her 3000km servicing. Engine oil was changed and cost of servicing was 1100. Thankfully local dealer offered free pick up and drop service and the process was neat.
As I discussed earlier, there was a buzzing sound coming from rear. Today the source was identified. It was due to rubbing of rear parcel tray with the rear headrest. Actually, the art leather of the seat covers is not of very high quality. It is on harder side and produces sound when rubbed hard. So I lifted the headrest from the bottom position so that rear parcel edges won't touch it. Next time I would be more careful in choosing seat covers.
About FE: I am getting around 14 kmpl. My running is mostly in city type traffic and I am heavy footed person. So other people may get better FE.
I am not getting enough long drive opportunities but I am dying to taste the engine in 4000-5000 rpm. Beyond 3000 rpm the engine really comes to life. It is delightful as well as addictive.
1. Sunfilm: If I don't get transferred this year than another scorching north indian summer is waiting for me. So sunfilm would be essential.
2. Amp+Speaker: Right now I am looking for a good sound system for my home. After that when enough Vitamin M would be available I am hoping to upgrade the ICE is phased way: first Amp, then speaker & finally a sub. But problem with us who lived in small town/cities that there are not many good option available. I envy the guys residing in metros: you can take different auditions and choose according to your taste. But we need to rely on internet and depend upon luck.
Being only Jazz in this locality (and nearest dealer is 30km away), many of my friends have TDed her. I guess one of them had given her this 'kiss' in the back Since it is in the crease of the hatch, so it is not easily identifiable. And even I can not pin point the day when it happened.
Brandoo, some of my friends are planning to group buy MapMyIndia's GPS device with multimedia & rear parking camera. Your point (and this dent) might push myself for procuring one.
I got it from Ford service station, its was part of titanium kit which included Fog Lamps, side beading, sear covers and alloys total cost 17500. But I remember dealer quote was around 3000for four sensors with small screen on dash which shows distance and after 1.5 meters, voice warning.
Its very accurate but not aware of brand.
i] is child lock available on Jazz select because in any of the threads I haven't seen much about that.
ii] Also whether all doors can be locked/unlocked from driver's seat ? Also is the security alarm is an extra fitting ? how speed sensing auto volume is working in Jazz ? is there any chance of upgrading the Music system with surround woofer/tweeter ? as its coming integrated with dash.
iii] can fog lamps and spoiler be fitted in select Model ?
iv] Any other possible useful accessorizes available ?