Loud Music While Driving

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends, I have noticed many people driving putting their music loud. When they do such thing they could not hear the horns of other cars or sometimes just loose concentration. Do you all think that loud music while driving is safe?

Regards

People put on loud music for 2 purposes IMO:
1 - Show Off
2 - Release the stress

There is no problem in putting music loud but not too loud as it can even cause inconvenience to other drivers on the roads & can even cause fatal accidents if you don't hear the horns of other vehicles. Plus, sometimes you might be blocking an ambulance or a police vehicle!
But in my point of view, I don't mind putting it loud during traffic. But when the car is moving above 20-30kmph. I would surely suggest to reduce the volume till you can hear the horns of other vehicles! Otherwise something bad can happen [:)]

In terms of safety, putting music in loud volumes is not at all recommended!

Last edited:
Loud music is a big 'NO' for me at any speeds.In fact many times my passengers complain that volume is quite low,in that case I increase it,but not at all to the deafening levels.
And when I am alone,then I love hearing my engine roar at high revs and my tyre noise of the speeding car.

"With great power (amp + sub) come great responsibilities."

When driving in peak hours or in busy traffic areas I make sure i never up the volume too much to be able to hear outside sounds, horns etc. When driving on a relatively open road I up the volume to enjoy the bass but at this time too I drive slow so as to avoid ny panic situations.

freakdude.

Loud music while driving-A big no from my side.

It leads to injuries to one's health.It causes disturbances in the environment.It violates the law.It leads to accidents.

In any of my cars music is never played loud when i am in the car,but my children love playing music at high volumes.

I like it when the roads are open, which i hardly find them in pune. So the chance of playing loud is very less and when ever i get it i enjoy it.

jango

not so loud music in city because not much horns in bangkok but here in india, not loud at all. on highway in india as well, not so loud but in bkk on highway, i dont mind making it LOUD especially if friends are together cuz the ambience becomes enjoyable.

I have all the music equipments in my car with sub amps and premium head unit but i never play it loud .I keep it upto one level where I can hear my engine's sound. One of the best engine sounds (RB series) and blow off valve fluttering

People who play music too loud are often called as idiots

we call them bogans (country ppl) haha

I too like to listen loud music but only when i am crusing on highway. In city driving i dont like to play music because the roads are filled with so many stupid people. The loud music not allows to concentrate on city driving.

350Z

Core Team
Hello friends, I have noticed many people driving putting their music loud. When they do such thing they could not hear the horns of other cars or sometimes just loose concentration. Do you all think that loud music while driving is safe?
A car is a car. Not a disco and there is much more to concentrate. Keep the sound levels so that it is audible only to you, not the on goers. I personally dislike those who keep their audio sound levels too loud. Not sure why, either to flaunt their audio set up or to let others hear what they are listening. A car with loud boom boom music and cheap neons on the exteriors is not an unusual sight though, especially during night times.

Drive Safe,
350Z

loud music for showing off is a big no for me. in long night drives when i feel sleepy i usually up the volume and sing along to ward off sleep and it really works for me.( even then its not so high so as to mask other sounds from outside like the siren of an ambulance or horns of other vehicles )

I use Loud sound when I'm alone, but I will monitor all RVM's frequently.. [:D]

When driving in Highways I keep the Volume upto audiable level, but In night.. I keep little bit higher than normal

Top Bottom