Looking to Buy Horn for i20 @ Chennai

Thread Starter #1
Help needed.

hey guys. planning to change horn in my i20 .

So, which is the best place to change horn at Chennai

also which is the best horn available in market.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help needed....

hey guys.... planning to change horn in my i20 .

So, which is the best place to change horn at Chennai

also which is the best horn available in market.

Thanks.

Gri20,

You can go for Roots Wildstone horn(Skoda type).

Previously I used Bosch horn in my car, but it got failed to blow after 6months. Even I replaced with 3 sets of Bosch horn also,all of them stopped working after 6-7months.

Later I changed to Roots, for past 8months it not gave any problem to me.. still my car using the same horn..

I brought Roots horn in Roots Dealer in G.P.road for Rs.450., but I forgot the name of the shop[:D]

Thread Starter #3
@Appu.

Oh superrr , any other landmark for identifying that shop. :(.

Roots horn ? how good was hela ?

Which is the best to afford , no constraint for spending more for a quality one....

As I travel a lot in highways, I don't want to compromise on horns .

My horn was not working suddenly on highways so frustrated, now wanted to opt for the best one...

@Appu.any other landmark for identifying that shop. :(.
I remembered the name of the shop.. I think 'BALAJI AUTO PARTS' which is located in opposite lane to Mahavir Shop towards Anna Salai.

Roots horn ? how good was hela ?
No idea about hella buddy.. but i'm sure Roots are the best.. Even I used Roots horn in my bike for One and half years without any problem.. later it was stolen[cry]

My horn was not working suddenly on highways so frustrated, now wanted to opt for the best one...
I not faced any issues with roots.

I am also looking for powerful horn and fog lamps for my i10. But I was skeptical as it involves removing entire bumper of i10. For which I am not comfortable. If I get a good mechanic then surely I will go for it. By the way is roots better or any other brand? I need powerful horns.

Thread Starter #9
Roots wind tone. I have this for my City
I paid 1200 since it was fitted from the Honda show room.

ROOTS WINDTONE Skoda type horn(12v) for cars n bikes. | eBay
@gdave

Thanks a lot buddy, is it worth to buy from ebay than in market ?

Whats the market price of roots windtone ?

How much do they charge for fitting it?

Need good worskshop information to do the job @ Chennai.

@Appu

Have given some info, would also go there and have a look .

Skoda type horns are now become quite a craze here in Delhi, i noticed lots of vehicles with these type of horns nowadays [:)]

@gdave

Thanks a lot buddy, is it worth to buy from ebay than in market ?

Whats the market price of roots windtone ?

How much do they charge for fitting it?

Need good worskshop information to do the job @ Chennai.

@Appu

Have given some info, would also go there and have a look .
I think you can get it around 600-650. I don't know where in Chennai. I have seen many car accessory show rooms near Express Avenue Mall, Chennai.

They might charge some additional 200/- for fitting if you are approaching local mechanic. If you are going to show rooms, they will charge more. For me it cost around 1200/-

And its better to go to any accessory show room rather than purchasing itfrom ebay. you can get it fixed from the shop itself.

I am also looking for powerful horn and fog lamps for my i10. But I was skeptical as it involves removing entire bumper of i10. For which I am not comfortable. If I get a good mechanic then surely I will go for it. By the way is roots better or any other brand? I need powerful horns.
If you need powerful horn, you may get Roots Vibrosonic or Megasonic.
It is having a bheeem bheem sound.

Wind tone horns are having a Paw Paw sound with which you can not frighten fronting pedestrians and two wheelers.

Guys !!!! Just be sure that you install the horn with a relay. A relay technically avoids short circuit on the horn and may void the warranty. So insist on have a relay. It cost 150 to 200 bucks and will protect the car electricals and your warranty as well . Happy motoring

Thread Starter #13
@Diehardi20 yep dude.

I had installed relay for horn.

Sorry for late reply guys.

I have fitted roots windtone 90v horn from "The Driven" - Annanagar Chennai

Service: OK not stasifactory {Had to wait 30 mins for guy to turn up for fitting horn}

Price : Rs. 750 + 80 { Switch} - Not got bill " as he said only 3 months warranty for Roots" - Could have bargained, but not in the mood.

Also received warnings that if water got in, the horn would not work. STRANGE need tips from you guys.

Overall Experience - Average.

Hi gri20,

Yes you need to protect it from water and its a standard 3 month warranty across. You hardly get a bill . in case of any problem go back to the dealer and tell him that you got it installed on this date.

A better experience in case of hella as hella dealers give you a stamped warranty card and 6 months warranty.

I will get my car horn changed this weekend so let me see how it goes.

Hi gri20,

Yes you need to protect it from water and its a standard 3 month warranty across. You hardly get a bill . in case of any problem go back to the dealer and tell him that you got it installed on this date.

A better experience in case of hella as hella dealers give you a stamped warranty card and 6 months warranty.

I will get my car horn changed this weekend so let me see how it goes.

Top Bottom