Looking To Buy a New Automatic Scooter

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,
I am planning to buy an automatic(gearless) scooter. I have shortlisted these models:
1) Honda Activa
2) Hero Maestro
3) Suzuki Access

Key points:
1) should be 100-125cc
2) should have good mileage (i.e >=45kmpl)
3) should be unisex [glasses]
4) I am 5ft 4in in height, so should be comfortable for me to ride
5) good after sales service
6) should come within the price of Rs50,000(on road) [evil]

Please suggest guys....[:D]

Hello bagariaankit,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

Out of the scooters shortlisted by you i feel Maestro is the ride for you. It is a no-nonsense bike from the trusted Hero group. However, i would suggest you to have a look at the Yamaha Ray. This new scooter is a looker and it being a Yamaha would be a reliable product.

Just saw a Ray today in my society, looks quite a cool ride and much better than dio and maestro (design wise). I'd suggest you to chck it out and test drive it to see if it's comfortable too.

freakdude.

Just saw a Ray today in my society, looks quite a cool ride and much better than dio and maestro (design wise). I'd suggest you to chck it out and test drive it to see if it's comfortable too.

freakdude.
Yeah the ray look quite good but I don't like the way yamaha is advertising it. It doesn't look girly to me.

Thread Starter #7
Thank you all for your suggestions [clap]
I will surely check out Yamaha Ray and will take a test drive too. [:D]

Can anyone please throw some more light on the after sales service of Yamaha( m a bit concerned as they are pretty new to scooter business.)
Also Ray comes with tube tyres[anger] which is a letdown.

Out of your selection Maestro surely makes more sense as it is priced more sensibly than Activa, you can also check out TVS Wego which is an all rounder well priced, well equipped product.

Out of these, I wouldn't suggest the Activa at all. Its outdated & I believe there are better products now.
Then the option is sort out to Access & Maestro. For access, its good but some people have complains about the sales & service.
Only left is Maestro for the above said list. I would also like you to check out Yamaha Ray & TVS Wego.

if the price should be around Rs.50K, then the options are, Dio, Ray,Wego and pleasure. In Kerala Access, Activa and Aviator on road price reaching Rs.60k now. Please select your scooter as per your usage only. What is your monthly running? and what type of usage ?
is it pillion will be there or single rider only for most of the time? If it is for below 1k km monthly riding and single rider only, then select Dio/pleasure/ wego. if not select Access/Swish. As Ray is a new release in the category, I will not go for that at least 2 years ( I am telling this because i know the Yamaha quality better.Except engine, we cant believe any parts which comes as stock in their non premium products)

Top Bottom