Looking For Used Ford Fiesta 1.6 S

Thread Starter #1
Dear Esteemed members,

Greetings, I'm looking for an used Ford Fiesta 1.6 S. Please let me know if you or any one from your friends are willing to sell. Below are the details,

• Your Budget:2- 2.5 Lakhs
  • New or Used: Used Ford Fiesta 1.6 S
  • Your Location: Chennai,India
  • Top 5 Priorities: Safety and In Good shape
  • Monthly Running: Less than 1000Kms
  • Fuel Type: Petrol
  • Purpose Type: Personal use
  • Seating Capacity: 4
  • Segment Type: Sedan
Cheers.

Thread Starter #2
I have seen a post today in OLX for Fiesta 1.6 S. Its an second owner, which has run 51K Kms and registered/manufactured in May 2009. Can any one suggests me what all precautions or check to be done when visited to check vehicle. I did read some of the posts with suggestions while buying used car. But,would like to know more information from you.
Looks like current owner is not an car enthusiast. Currently car is in Hyderabad. I would be visiting HYD for Good Friday, if any one from the forum can accompany me during the car visit would be great help in adding this beauty in to my Garage.

Looking forward for your help and suggestions.

Cheers.
Naveen

Why do you want to travel such a long distance for seeing one car? I am sure there are other Ford Fiestas in Chennai if you look hard enough. Besides, I would think twice before buying any 10 year old car, either petrol or diesel. If it has only done 51K kms then that means it has run around 5K kms per year which is very low running. Also it would be better to get TN registered vehicle if you are in Chennai/Tamil Nadu.

There are quite a few ads for Chennai in OLX for used Ford Fiesta.
Ford Fiesta - Used Cars for sale in Chennai

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Why do you want to travel such a long distance for seeing one car? I am sure there are other Ford Fiestas in Chennai if you look hard enough. Besides, I would think twice before buying any 10 year old car, either petrol or diesel. If it has only done 51K kms then that means it has run around 5K kms per year which is very low running. Also it would be better to get TN registered vehicle if you are in Chennai/Tamil Nadu.

There are quite a few ads for Chennai in OLX for used Ford Fiesta.
Ford Fiesta - Used Cars for sale in Chennai
Hi Harish Sir,

Thanks for your response.

-> I'm basically from Hyderabad, but working in Chennai since more than 5 years.
-> I did try to find Fiesta 1.6 S Petrol model in Chennai since more than a year but no luck in finding one.
-> As you pointed out that on an average 5K kms per year makes me think more on the vehicle condition.
-> Spending on 10 year old car is not advisable, but i have no answer but to have Fiesta 1.6 S of my own.
-> The seller has quoted 3 Lakhs but his best price is 2.8 Lakhs.
-> would need to get the condition assessed at ASS.

Thanks,
Naveen

Why dont you consider old model corolla or a old gen verna, they both had gems of an engine. You can also think about a used honda city 2009-2010 model if willing to spend 3 lakhs. If size is not an issue, then do look at old gen endeavour or Safari 2.2 vtt 2011-2012

Thread Starter #10
Why dont you consider old model corolla or a old gen verna, they both had gems of an engine. You can also think about a used honda city 2009-2010 model if willing to spend 3 lakhs. If size is not an issue, then do look at old gen endeavour or Safari 2.2 vtt 2011-2012
Hi THE_DRIFTER,

With respect to Old Gen Verna i heard there many issues mainly with steering, the highway stability is not good. Coming to Corolla i never though about it and i think i wont get one for the budget im planning for.
Endeavour and Safari, i will become beggar surely because of cost of maintenance.

Cheers,
Naveen

Same interiors and exteriors, ???
Fiesta 1.6 S is a different set from Fiesta clan. Its interior are different from Classic, short gear shifter, dampers and struts are track specific and ECU has been re-tuned which produces about 101 bhp and 164 nm of torque.

Coming to exteriors, it has been given with a sporty side skirts and a sport rear spoiler. I hear people calling it as Poorman BMW. Finding it in aquarius Blue is very rare. There is lot more to say about it. There should a thread on Fiesta 1.6 S in our forum.

Cheers,
Naveen

@The Drifter ,
Ford fiesta 1.6s , is a different league bro , the fun one gets with it can't be compared.
Well said VISHNUCARCRAZY.

350Z

Core Team
Fiesta 1.6 S is a different set from Fiesta clan. Its interior are different from Classic, short gear shifter, dampers and struts are track specific and ECU has been re-tuned which produces about 101 bhp and 164 nm of torque.
Fiesta 1.6 S is sure one of its kind. Finding a well-maintained example is a tough task. In case you don’t find one, do consider regular 1.6 and modifying it as per own taste instead of ending up with a second hand lemon. There’s no change in the engine or transmission on S, it's only the suspension that was retuned. Here's one excellent thread on it: Ford Fiesta 1.6S Ownership Review.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
Hi 350Z sir,

Yes you are correct, finding one is difficult. I have been looking for 1.6 as well, but most of them are LXI models which doesn't come with safety features like ABS,airbags and they are run mostly more than 70k Kms. Well ,I'm scared if i would land up in buying a lemon. But would get the vehicle evaluated at Ford service center before i make a decision.

I have gone through the VISHU VICHU 's journey in finding out his Pre-owned Fiesta 1.6 S.
I have also come across an other vehicle which is in Gurgaon, but sadly it was almost sold by the time i reached the owner. It was a pretty clean car with transparent service history. I regret for the delay i did in reaching the owner.

Cheers,
Naveen

Hello @GNaveen ,
Finding fiesta 1.6s (or any other pure enthusiastic car) is a tough task. But, you should not take it like you said that "most of the cars are run advice 70k, it's not that highly run cars are not maintained or that low run cars are highly maintained. You should not leave a vehicle just by looking at it's odo reading bro. I suggest that you should have a look at each and every car, you don't know if there's a highly maintained machine under a cost of dust.!.!
Good luck in finding your ride.

Dear Esteemed members,

Greetings, I'm looking for an used Ford Fiesta 1.6 S. Please let me know if you or any one from your friends are willing to sell. Below are the details,

• Your Budget:2- 2.5 Lakhs
  • New or Used: Used Ford Fiesta 1.6 S
  • Your Location: Chennai,India
  • Top 5 Priorities: Safety and In Good shape
  • Monthly Running: Less than 1000Kms
  • Fuel Type: Petrol
  • Purpose Type: Personal use
  • Seating Capacity: 4
  • Segment Type: Sedan
Cheers.
Hi People,
I'm Aravind from Chennai. I have been following all the forums for years but recently only joined the group. Basically I am a petrolhead and had Linea t-Jet for quite some years. Those who know the T-Jet's 2200rpm turbo kick will remember it. Sold my car due to financial reasons. I'm now looking for Ford Fiesta 1.6S to buy in this month end .

My budget is max 2L. Please help me to source a 1.6S folks!

Top Bottom