Looking For New Petrol AT Sedan: Hyundai Verna or Honda City?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Don't buy a pseudo SUV if you won't drive on bad roads. Sedans are much better to drive plus gives a luxury feel too.
I honestly don't know why even creta and the likes costs more than the sedan counterparts. Besides the body every feature like engine , suspension , brakes , interior quality and even the sun visors are shared between the verna and the creta. I was finding some parts for my verna and the website also showed the compatibility of the parts with other cars and creta was listed in most of the parts as compatible.

I may be biased towards verna , well because I own one plus my username plus I don't like the various cost cutting in the city.

Wait for festive discounts to start so that you can get a better deal.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Sorry for the confusion. Not the exact suspension system since the reasons you mentioned. The price difference is not that much plus all the rubber parts are shared.

A small observation about the sun visor, my verna had a better sunvisor than the creta which was shared with the i20. There were lots of part sharing by going even 2 segments down.

I have seen many parts like this when searching for some parts on my verna. This is simply a rubber part which costs 699rs a pair.

Screenshot_20201020-103705.jpg

Thread Starter #19
Update - Finally, booked Honda City Petrol VX CVT White Color [clap] Waiting period expected to be 3 - 4 weeks. Not much as discounts since it's the best seller of the segment. However, trying to negotiate my best.

BTW, the dealer has a Nov 2020 car and offering about 40K. Of course, discount not justified for last year's model and can negotiate further. What's your suggestion whether to go for it or not? Anything apart from a year of depreciation and suspicion of it's still lying around.

Thread Starter #20
Update - Finally, booked Honda City Petrol VX CVT White Color [clap] Waiting period expected to be 3 - 4 weeks. Not much as discounts since it's the best seller of the segment. However, trying to negotiate my best.
Another update - The dealer came back with a negative update that the booked car is not included in this month's dispatch and also not sure when will be the next one. This is due to short supply of spares. So tried all other dealers, but none seems to have any ready stock but order upon booking.

Another dealer offered ZX CVT and promised the delivery by Mar 1st week. So went ahead with the upgrade and was able to get some better deal as well and close it with 18L. Though it's not such a great discount to brag about, but considering no discount for this top seller, it's a good one.

So finally, Katana coming home soon [cheers]

HC Katana.JPG

Thread Starter #21
Update - Took delivery last week and the process was straightforward. Finally, have my hands on it [drive]

It's been just a few days and I am getting used to all the changes... Diesel to Petrol, Manual to Auto, Hatch to Sedan etc. Had a short weekend trip to Ramnagara which is about 70 KMs from Bangalore. Will post a detailed feedback after a month or two, once I am perfectly mated with the ride [:D]

Unable to upload pics, will try again.

Top Bottom