Looking for International Seller of Maruti 800 Parts

Thread Starter #1
hi,
i live in israel and have a 93 model maruti 800. it's one of the last m800 on the road in israel and the importer (of suzuki) doesn't have any parts.
i've been looking for quite a long time for suppliers in india willing to make shipments to israel.
can anyone help me find a nice supplier? you can email me the contacts privately.

some of the parts i need (and aren't available in israel):
clutch - urgent
cv joints - a bit less urgent
water pump belt
also, i want to bring it to an as-new-condition so i want to renew the lights, bumpers, grill and so on.

some pictures of my dear are attached.

thank you!
omri

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to The Automotive India, Omria. Your 2-Door Suzuki 800 looks good. This is a very common car in India (We get 4-Door only), so finding the spares won’t be a trouble here. But I haven’t yet come across a supplier who exports them as well. Have you thoroughly inquired in your local region about any reliable importers?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
thank you for the quick response.

my m800 has the guts of any 4 doors m800, but was made in japan. the only internal difference is that the rear suspension is also a coil spring and not a leaf. other than that, its the exact same car....

i've contacted the local suppliers, and even talked with maruti offices in india. they gave me the number of the exclusive supplier in israel. the supplier doesn't want anything to do with ordering new parts (the car was replaced with the maruti 1000 in 97, i think) so i'm stuck without basic parts.

all i need is a shop in india, willing to sell me parts via paypal and send them by post or DHL.

i found several websites of maruti parts dealers that ship to europe and the middle-east but not to israel... none of them replied my emails and inquiries.

right now my car is parked and waits for her new clutch...

thank you,
omri

welcome to TAI dude..can someone from india take it for you if part is small? i know ppl who imported restoration part without getting into customs!!

Thread Starter #5
do you know anyone that can fit a clutch kit in his pants? :)

customs is not the problem. it will bring up the price by 15-40%, and that's still ok, because its better than having no parts at all.

i'm doing a complete overhall, so there's a list of about 20 items i need, almost all of them can't be found in israel.

Your car looks really good omria. Its unfortunate that parts are not available there, but here parts are available even at local pan shops :D
I think your can interchange belts with m1000, any slack can be adjusted on the alternator side. Clutch again you need to confirm if the m1000 one fits your gb. Dont buy as CV joints which are unreliable.. buy a complete drive shaft.
On a different note, you can easily swap your m800 engine with teh m1000 engine which will relieve you from future maintenance issues as well and willl turn your ride into a rocket :D

PS: could you post some interior pictures?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
thank you. i bought it from a very old lady that hardly drove it, so apart from a few rust stain (which i intend to fix), she's in a good state.

i cant change the engine, cause by law i can only replace parts with parts that were designed for this specific car. if there was a M800 model originally built with a 1000cc engine, it would be ok.

i do want, however, to change my 4speed gear to a 5speed. thats on the list as...

just so you'd have a taste of what a thief the supplier in israel is - for a clutch disc (only disc, not assy) he wants 8200 rupees!! for a timing belt - 2200 rupees!

p.s. inner pictures attached.

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
i had a very long discussion with a representative from maruti service. he claims there are no parts for my car, because its 2nd generation and thats why the dealer in israel said its impossible to get them.
as far as i know, many parts were continued to 3rd and 4th gen., so i decided to post my needed parts list to get your perspective.

my required parts:
clutch assy
gear box - 5 speeds
timing belt
alternator / water pump belt
fuel+oil+air filter
oil cap (for the engine head)
headlights type-3
taillights type-3
front grill - newest design
front bumper - newest design
rear bumper - newest design
front+rear wheel bearing
steering cover - top and bottom
moulding roof (the long plastic on the rood of the car)
sunshade RH+LH
window regulator (front windows)
bonnete release (the plastic release on the dashboard)
warm air hose
engine head gasket
piston rings set
front + rear suspension (they are both coil spring)
drive shafts
spark plugs

so, any ideas on potential sellers?

thank you,
omri

Thread Starter #10
attached is a picture of the cover. its the plastic parts above and under the steering column. for some reason, it was made from very soft a cheap grey plastic.

i know everything can be found and for a very low cost. that was one of the reasons i bought this car. the other is that i'm a fan of the indian car industry.

--- a little side note - if the small indian cars would have met the safety requirements in europe (the same in israel) they could have dominated the market. the m800 and nano could sell like crazy.... ---

any way, i found some dealers that offered almost all of parts i needed - but they don't respond to my enquiries and emails.

Attachments

omiria if you still require parts you can contact me
we offer all genuine parts if possible and if supply stopped for those parts we can offer you duplicates as well apart from this
we don't charge very high on costing take only 10% baove the cost we got .
WE can even replace if required.
let me know

Every thing is looking fine.. except the rear tail lamps..
Why not retain the old type ones..

BTW : Do you have a rear defogger at the rear ? Please post a close pic and also the switches in the instrument cluster..

Top Bottom