Looking for a Used Car Under 10 Lacs: Booked Hyundai Verna SX (CRDi)

Thread Starter #16

Fazer

Suspended
SX4 Diesel ZDI - How much would it be OTR?
Linea T-Jet : I have never been in that car and never seen the interiors:stupid:. So, Can't make a decision right now.

Update:
I AM GOING TO CHECK OUT USED CAR MARKET THIS EVENING.

Toyota cars enjoy very high resale value and hence I'd not recommend to get them.Yes,if you get a good car by chance,then get it by the same time as they sell off quite soon here in NCR.

About Altis:If Cruze is out of your budget then let me tell you that Altis is more expensive than Cruze,but no doubt..Altis is a great car.Especially the petrol one.
Ah,CHECK OUT THE ALTIS AERO,I THINK ITS AVAILABLE FOR ABOUT 12.5 LACS ON-ROAD HARYANA.

Thread Starter #18

Fazer

Suspended
Buddy, If it's the right car, budget will be increased to 15-18L, provided that the car is NEW.

What about Volkswagen cars? Jetta?

Well,if budget is extendable to this limit then answer just one question:-
What are your exact requirements?I mean power,comfort,car will be self or chauffeur driven etc etc.

Thread Starter #20

Fazer

Suspended
I have given it in Post1 :)

Priorities-
Reliability, Looks, Space, Power, Features, Comfort (Priority wise)

At 15-18 lacs:-

If petrol,then:-
Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla V.

If diesel then:-
  • VW Jetta.
  • M&M XUV W8.
  • Toyota Corolla(in case chauffeur driven)
  • Skoda Laura M/T or Yeti 4X2 Ambition.

If used then:-
  • Toyota Fortuner.
  • Skoda Superb.

If you are looking for a second hand sedan, look for the Cruze. This will be around 11-12 Lacs. Else, if you want a new car, look at the Rapid, Vento and Verna. Verna and Vento maybe a little over your budget.

His budget for an apt new car is 16 - 18 lacs.

Fazer, since you were using Chevy Optra and liked it, a used Cruze will be one good option. For a family of 3 and only one person travelling for most of the time, lack of space in Cruze won't be an issue.

Else if it is a new car, with your priorities and budget, Laura Diesel could be a right choice.

Used diesel Sedan: Cruze / Altis / Jetta / Laura will fit well within your budget. Each one has got their own Pros & Cons.

I would suggest you to reconsider a used UV too. Since you already had a Chevy at home, why not a Captiva?

Skoda Rapid if ffun to drive and good power is needed with good capabilities.
No..I don't know why but I have a negative feeling about this car! Not considering it for time being.
Also, I am thinking about VW Vento, Skoda Rapid, etc. [:)]
Ohh, DAMN CONFUSING!
Dude, you are not confused, confusing us [roll]
Rapid is such a nice car, but not sure about off-road capability.

Thread Starter #25

Fazer

Suspended
At 15-18 lacs:-

If petrol,then:-
Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla V.

If diesel then:-
  • VW Jetta.
  • M&M XUV W8.
  • Toyota Corolla(in case chauffeur driven)
  • Skoda Laura M/T or Yeti 4X2 Ambition.

If used then:-
  • Toyota Fortuner.
  • Skoda Superb.
Correct..

If you are looking for a second hand sedan, look for the Cruze. This will be around 11-12 Lacs. Else, if you want a new car, look at the Rapid, Vento and Verna. Verna and Vento maybe a little over your budget.
I am also tilted towards the Verna but worried about the ride quality..

His budget for an apt new car is 16 - 18 lacs.

Fazer, since you were using Chevy Optra and liked it, a used Cruze will be one good option. For a family of 3 and only one person travelling for most of the time, lack of space in Cruze won't be an issue.

Else if it is a new car, with your priorities and budget, Laura Diesel could be a right choice.
Mmm..Cruze. I went to used car shop yesterday but found no Laura or Cruze..[frustration]

Used diesel Sedan: Cruze / Altis / Jetta / Laura will fit well within your budget. Each one has got their own Pros & Cons.

I would suggest you to reconsider a used UV too. Since you already had a Chevy at home, why not a Captiva?

Dude, you are not confused, confusing us [roll]
Rapid is such a nice car, but not sure about off-road capability.
Used diesel sedan : Cruze (I am searching desperately for it.), Altis (NO! My car will not be chauffer driven.), Jetta (I would hardly get Highline vairant loaded with features, so, NO!), Laura (Yes..Great car but could not find it!..Vipul : What about selling yours to me?[lol])
no..Fianl decision : No UV..:)

Yes, I know, My mind is not becoming unstable, everytime I see a car going on the road (from my window), I start thinking that - What about this one??!
Sorry..

-----

After lots of confusions and thinking, I have come to new conclusions-
New Requirements:
Fuel : Diesel
Car : Sedan
Manufacturer : Any one except renault, mitsubishi..
Budget : New Car : 18 L max on-road .. Used car : 12 L Max.

New "Cars considered" (FINAL DECISION WILL BE FROM THESE CARS ONLY) :
1. VW Vento TDI
2. Chevy Cruze LT/LTZ
3. Skoda Rapid
4. Skoda Laura
5. Hyundai Verna
6. Maruti SX4 ZDI
7. Nissan Sunny XV

IF, I CONSIDER UV'S (If you guys want me to buy a UV), THEN :
1. Tata Safari
2. Mahindra XUV500
3. Mahindra Scorpio
4. Skoda Yeti
---
Yesterday, I went to the Used car shop, the same shop from which we brought the Optra and to which we sold the optra.
The Owner greeted us and showed us several cars - Tata safari, Mahindra Scorpio, Yeti, Linea, Fluence and Sunny, But, We didn't liked any because of the condition!
Now, Dad and I will go there on Tuesday to see if he gets any more cars..

Dude, if this car will not be chauffeur driven, rule out Sunny too. Its not a fun to drive car. But comes with a huuuuge space, you can think about renting the extra space[evil]

From your list, I would suggest either Cruze or Laura. Others are not an upgrade form Optra. If you don't mind this factor, SX4 will be the best choice, which has a good GC and manage your off-roading requirements. All other cars comes with loaded features, but low GC will be an issue.

Thread Starter #27

Fazer

Suspended
Dude, if this car will not be chauffeur driven, rule out Sunny too. Its not a fun to drive car. But comes with a huuuuge space, you can think about renting the extra space
Yes..I am also not rather interested in the looks of this Caaar.

From your list, I would suggest either Cruze or Laura. Others are not an upgrade form Optra. If you don't mind this factor, SX4 will be the best choice, which has a good GC and manage your off-roading requirements. All other cars comes with loaded features, but low GC will be an issue.
According to me, I am left with SX4, Cruze, Laura..I would like to add Verna to this because my parents are also impressed with it and looks are Astonishing! Would like to consider it also..
Here are the variants I am interested in :
Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZDI
Chevrolet Cruze LT/LTZ
Skoda Laura Elegance TDI MT
Hyundai Verna SX (Option) crdi

It is not neccessary that I need an Upgrade from Optra in terms of Price..An upgrade can be in terms of Looks, Features, Convenience, etc..

Now, Please Help [:D]

Last edited:
Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZDI
Chevrolet Cruze LT/LTZ
Skoda Laura Elegance TDI MT
Hyundai Verna SX (Option) crdi

Now, Please Help [:D]
Buddy currently Maruti is doling out a massive discount on SX4 Diesel of 70k, which makes it a great value and owning a Maruti is light on pocket compared to your other short listed candidates.

SX-4 ZDi is the car to be bought then.
Why?
Because its a Maruti and it has got good GC too for tackling the off-road situations.
Also it has got all the bells and whistles to keep the owner quite happy too.

Else its the Laura TDI..but still I'd insist more on Jetta Comfortline(Or Laura A/T)..afterall 30 horses are a bit too much to make a difference in the driving experience.

Thread Starter #30

Fazer

Suspended
Buddy, actually, My father is not much tilted towards the power/performance of the car as he will hardly take it to 100kph+..
Also, I feel SX4 ZDI is the best of the lot.
Why?? Maruti Reliability, A.S.S., Ground Clearance (for the village roads I was talking about), Looks, ZDI will be under my budget + It will be a NEW car..

Also, THE CHEAPER WOULD BE THE BETTER..

Top Bottom