Looking for a Mid-Sized Sedan

Thread Starter #1
Hi I'm Michael.

I currently have an M-S Alto which i bought to learn driving- im selling it off and now im looking to purchase a new Sedan.

Here are the details.

Budget: 6-8.5 lakh
Location-Chandigarh
TOP 5 priorities:

a)- Must have a steering controlled telephone control system- ie with the phone paired with the music device with Bluetooth and steering based phone answering and disconnecting. ( as i once saw in a Tata Manza)

b)Milage- looking primarily for good incity milage and occasional highway milage.

c)Space- must have decent in car space for both front and backseat passengers. backseat A/c vents also helpful

d) Diesel care- car should have an automatic pump and auto heating so that self starts arent a pain.

e)All safety features- including airbags etc...

Monthly running: < 1000 km

Purpose- General purpose, for incity use and occasional tours to hill stations and rough terrain.

Max people- Seden wise 5 but an occasional extra backseat passenger shouldnt feel stuck.

Fuel:- looking mainly for Diesel this time.

Bodytype- sedan with ample boot space.

plz help- i read the review about the manza and immediately cancelled.
The fiat linea ppl say its hard to find parts and the verna doesnt have that steering phone control thingy. plz help

Budget: 6-8.5 lakh
Location-Chandigarh
TOP 5 priorities:

a)- Must have a steering controlled telephone control system- ie with the phone paired with the music device with Bluetooth and steering based phone answering and disconnecting.
fiat linea is way to go man! its got everything you need..parts arent difficult to source but can take time!!
This feature is only available in the Emotion. I think that will be out of the budget.

Emotion 1.3 MJD is 8.33 Ex showroom you need to stretch a bit. Check city SMT also 8.31 Ex showroom On your budget and as per your features required list Manza Elan is the choice. Even fiesta classic top end is above 8.5

Hello Michael,

For you the most suitable car will be Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.4 CRDi. It costs Rs 8,09,651 in chandigarh, with insurance and misc. overall it will be 8.35 lac.

Verna 1.6 VGT CRDi will cost you Rs.76000 more for 1.6 engine, rear parking sensors, cluster ionizer, bluetooth and call controls on steering and many other goodies.

You wont be able to fulfill all your priorities in 6-8.5 lac budget !

If you have a tight budget then go for 1.4 CRDi, as you said you will be driving in city, so 1.4 90bhp engine will be enough for you and will give you a little more fuel efficiency than 1.6. Rear AC vents are available in Vento, but it will not give you as many features as Verna provides in base model (Front foglamps, Music player with 4 speakers, etc).

I too booked Verna 1.4 CRDi for my parents, a month ago at Charisma Hyundai, in Chandigarh.

I don't think any other car will fulfill your all priorities, but you don't have a much choice either, good luck and make a wise decision.

If i were you, i would have bought the Fluidic Verna(1.4). Even the basic model of the Verna CRDi comes loaded with goodies which can put its rivals to shame. Further, the handling has improved a lot when compared to the previous gen. verna.

if you are comfortable with petrol engines to go for then think for honda city SMT as well.A friend brought one on this 24th itself and after discount he got it for some 8.70L on road price here in ahmedabad.

Hello Micheal welcome to TAI.

Your running is a bit low why don't you look at petrol instead?

If petrol you can look at City or Linea(has Blue-tooth).

If you have decided on diesel then as others said you can look at Verna 1.4L CRDI or stretch your budget a bit and go for Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion.

Hi Michael,

Since Manza is out and you have concerns over Fiat parts, i am assuming both option is discarded.

in that case i suggest, you should go for Verna 1.4 CRDi but that will be without some premium features you wish to have. Its a beautiful piece and just launched so has maximum life in terms of facelift or new model.

secondly since your monthly usage is going to be <1000 kms and mainly in city driving, please spare a thought for Petrol model as well ( i am well aware about the petrol prices and expected rise in fuel cost) but your monthly usage does not justify additional cost of diesel car vs petrol prices/consumption. That decision will give you choice of wanted features as well. For that you must look at Honda City or again Verna Petrol SX. Both are loaded with features and promises good economy and running costs.

Make a good choice. Good luck. Cheers.
Monil.

Most of us recommended him new Verna 1.4 CRDi, but I have not come across a single thread about 1.4 CRDi, no reviews about it, no interior pictures (exterior is same as 1.6), even I have booked it without a test drive, instead I drove i20 which has same engine. Engine's performance was pretty good if you drive it in city mostly.

And I know its off-topic but can someone please post links to pictures of interior of 1.4 CRDi, there are few changes compared to 1.6's interior.

1.4 Verna dont have that faux wood, no glossy black dash, no front seats centre arm rest, no chrome door knobs. Rest all is same I think. I too want to see how 1.4's interior look likes without these things.

Top Bottom