Looking for a Gearless Scooter and a Temporary eBike

Thread Starter #1
Hello PetrolHeads!

My dad permitted me to get a gearless scooter when I get the license to drive one, which is 6 months from now. Quite excited, I started looking at the available options, and here is what I concluded:

Access 125:
+Good ground clearance
-Not enough fuel efficient.

TVS Wego:
+Light weight
+Good suspension
+Around 45kmpl

Honda Dio:
+looks nice [lol]
+About 50kmpl
+Tubeless tires

Now I need your inputs about the above three. Is there a new gearless scooter coming in next 5 months to add to this list?

Also, since 6 months is a long time and I need something for going college and back, I thought of an e-bike. Any suggestions? Are they worth purchasing for 6 months time?

Sorry for any stupidity which may be reflected by my post.

hey buddy welcome to TAI. well access and dio both are great choices! i will say manage for 6 months instead of getting ebike!

Hello PetrolHeads! My dad permitted me to get a gearless scooter when I get the license to drive one, which is 6 months from now. Quite excited, I started looking at the available options, and here is what I concluded:
You have many other Options Bro ,

I own a Honda Aviator Black Deluxe Model , It's the best , High Highted ,
Manly looks , Chrome Finish with Front Disc Brakes and Alloy wheels .

It looks Awesome Rides Fantastic . The best part is Pickup , Its Awesomeness . and at long rides your back dose'nt hurt :P

And if in case you are a Girl , go for Vespa , its the best .

Rgds
Jatin

Welcome to TAI,no point spending the money on temporary bike i would suggest you to go for Wego as it's the most VFM product among your options.
Yamaha will be launching a scooter in the next couple of months but that will be squarely targeted at girls.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks everyone!

I think I will have to drop the idea of getting an ebike after reading the online reviews..
I did some research about the aviator too, and it has start problems. Although there are its own pros like foot steps on both sides for pillion and great looks, I just can't kick it everytime to start. Its fuel efficiency seems lower too, I have to pay from my pocket money for the fuel.. [lol]

And I am not going to buy any girly scooters!

Top speed and acceleration are not my main problems. All of them are fast enough to serve my purpose. The question is: What will be more comfortable and safe(I am 5'8")? I will be riding with a pillion mostly.

Top speed and acceleration are not my main problems. All of them are fast enough to serve my purpose. The question is: What will be more comfortable and safe(I am 5'8")? I will be riding with a pillion mostly.
In this case Wego will suit the best as it's Chassis is more sorted out than it's competitor's.

Thread Starter #7
In this case Wego will suit the best as it's Chassis is more sorted out than it's competitor's.
Thanks. Reading more about TVS Wego on mouthshut reveals that engine many times stops while in traffic and gives starting problems after about 6 months of usage. Although I don't usually believe what I read on MouthShut and no one else mentioned about this in reviews, I still want to ask are there any such problems?

Thread Starter #8
After much research, concluded that its either Access or Aviator. Can anyone tell me about waiting period of both?

You have many other Options Bro ,

I own a Honda Aviator Black Deluxe Model , It's the best , High Highted ,
Manly looks , Chrome Finish with Front Disc Brakes and Alloy wheels .

It looks Awesome Rides Fantastic . The best part is Pickup , Its Awesomeness . and at long rides your back dose'nt hurt :P

And if in case you are a Girl , go for Vespa , its the best .

Rgds
Jatin
HI Jatin,

Good to know you own a aviator.
Iam planning to buy an Aviator too for my wife, since she is tall as well and said she felt more comfortable in Aviator than Activa (off course she didn't ride, but just sat on that , she doesn't know to ride two-wheeler ).
We booked it from Saphire Honda Bangalore, yet to make full payment.
But can you tell me pros and cons
Is there really some starting problem?
I heard its the same as Activa (except cosmetic changes and front suspension and disc brakes (we booked the drum version though)).
So in my opinion it should be the same as Activa in terms of performance.
Any other problems apart from starting problem?
Do activas also have starting problem as well ?
Any other scooter which can replace the better build Aviator ?
No to TVS Wego, its just tiny and no to Mahindra scooters.

Top Bottom