Looking for a Entry level Diesel Sedan

Thread Starter #1
I am looking for a Diesel Sedan and I am really confused about it. Below are the details,

Budget: 6 - 8 lakhs

Priorities: Good mileage [:)], Good leg room and low maintenance

Monthly Running: 1100 km on cities

Purpose: Family Trips

Max. Seating Capacity: 5

Fuel Type: Diesel

Body Type: Sedan

I currently own a maruti Swift VXI (petrol version). Someone suggested me Tata Manza, but I am not really sure with the brand and heard that tata vehicles requires more maintenance.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Budget: 6 - 8 lakhs,Body Type: Sedan
Dzire,Manza,Fiesta Classic.

Manza,Dzire

Purpose: Family Trips
Max. Seating Capacity: 5
Manza holds good

Someone suggested me Tata Manza, but I am not really sure with the brand and heard that tata vehicles requires more maintenance.
Tata has improved a lot now and the era of maintaining them is coming down, try for Manza, else the new Dzire ZDI is also worth considering and the legroom issue has been solved but no match for the Manza.

I currently own a maruti Swift VXI (petrol version). Someone suggested me Tata Manza, but I am not really sure with the brand and heard that tata vehicles requires more maintenance.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Manza surely, if your'e looking for space....its got features too mind you

Dzire is a trusted choice as always, if you like maruti

Fiesta Classic I'm not too sure, as its a reasonably old car now

Please do look at the Sunny...it will give manza a run for its money as far as space in backseat is concerned

Cheers

Jazzy

I guess for a little over Rs. 8 Lac, you will get the Linea Active, which is a GREAT car. You will have to deal with TATA's A.S.S. which is Pune & Mumbai, is not that bad.

Second best option would be Fiesta Classic. Agreed its slightly long in the tooth, but still gives great FE. Leg room is average & spares can be expensive after a while.

Lastly, Maruti Dzire. It is a safe bet but is neither tremendous value not very exciting. I would ask you to look at this & the Fiesta if you cant afford the Linea.

If none of the above suits you, then look at the Manza. It is spacious & loaded with features. Long term reliability & durability is something that I wont be sure about.

If you can extend your budget to 8.5-9, then Nissan Sunny is a very good choice. The XL variant comes with all the safety and essential features. It has awesome rear leg room, and a big boot(500L) compared to Dzire(315L). About ASS, i guess nissan is not that bad.

Someone suggested me Tata Manza
It is also a VFM car, but, I dont like its external appearence.

lxi.

Suspended
I am looking for a Diesel Sedan and I am really confused about it
We are here to help you buddy!

With this budget, You can get a-
1. Ford Fiesta classic Clxi
2.Maruti Dzire ZDI
3.Etios VD (Again a nice car)
4. Manza Elan Quadrajet.
Priorities: Good mileage , Good leg room and low maintenance
The Priority wise cars are-
Manza, Etios, Fiesta, Dzire.
Monthly Running: 1100 km on cities
So, You definitely need a diesel.

Fuel Type: Diesel
Someone suggested me Tata Manza, but I am not really sure with the brand and heard that tata vehicles requires more maintenance.
Buddy, TATA has improved on it now. Now, Then also if you dont like, go for the DRIVER"S CAR THE FIESTA CLASSIC. No doubt. You will get Ford reliability, Good mileage, Looks, and the variant will be under your budget of 8 Lacs.

And, Do check the Etios VD also. It is a nice car again in this price bracket. And, Why didnt anybody advice him about the Etios?

For those speculating water leaking into Etios, take a look at this video which does a thorough test on this aspect.

ETIOS WATER TEST.AVI - YouTube

Yes, the additional gasket should have been given and yes, it will avoid the dust shown in the pictures, but all those stuff on insects and water seeping in are figments of imagination.

Top Bottom