Thread Starter #16
@350Z
@RSM
@Shynish M
@*Arkin_Young*
@ilango[speed thirst]
@Italian Raider
@type-r
Thanks guys was very skeptical of the topic.. but you liked ...

@*Arkin_Young*
This is an opposite case i need to pay dowry(that too a lot) sob..

@Italian Raider
Ill let you guys whom i will be marrying[glasses]

@Zinam
wait a few posts ill let you know...

Coming next

This is every Indian mans dream,
It goes like this..
Its ok if the girl looks average,
but she must have a decent job,
she must know how to cook(like: i am fed up eating outside.. )
she must have a good heart.
she must understand very well,
she must be romantic,
she must look after my parents well,
must be from a good family,
must not be a expensive shopper..
goes on and on...

Well too much to expect from a girl

Well i guess its not too difficult with this car:

Here comes the figo :

Looks :
Again subjective ,but from my point of view its plane jane..
nothing to write home about. an old platform sharing tail lights from fusion,from from fiesta(almost not exactly).
No flowing lines but with some make up(er alloys) she looks ok.

Space :
No other car i drove except vista matches its space , actually i was super comfortable other that any car. seating is good with good lumbar support,back seat is good but a little hard .

Gizmos : it has HU in exi and titanium. and blue tooth in titanium.
oem stereos are very good ..

Interiors : interiors are good with overall good looking plastics, but i hate that pink dash. rest is very good at that price.

Safety : abs and airbags in top end variants

Drive :

I drove petrol and diesel..
ill pen down the engines first.

Petrol : the engine is good for a 1.2 litre engine but nowhere refined as k series but good. with ac on there was noticeable difference, but i felt underpowered.. good for a small family of average build but not for heavy builds like me.

Diesel : This is the pick of both the engines, i can see that in sales too 60% are diesel..
well as every one knows this engine has near to zero turbo lag.
has very good grunt in mid range can easily zip around the traffic overtaking.

Handling : this car looks so small but handles like a dream, good feed back from the steering and most of all the view of the road you can have a clear view of the road ..

and special mention about the ac of the car . i think so its a refrigerator
saying this because i put the blower at 2 my cousin at the back and sales lady next to me were pleading to switch off the ac after 5 minute drive.
i got my hands numb after that.. petrol was not that effective as diesel.
suspension is good ab absorbs the potholes well..

Verdict :
This one car has all the things a normal man expects from a car
ford has made their homework very well that is indeed reflected in their sales.
diesel is very good for mileage drivability.

Is this the car i am going for??

Well no
but why?
This car is like jack of all but king of none.(well except ac)
drive the 69 bhp is good till 80 -100 but after that it loses steam we can reach 120 but it takes time. it doesnt have the fun factor.
the suspension is very low with 3 people at the back it scrapes almost all the speed breakers in Bangalore.
looks are ok ,lack of power windows at rear and small 14'' tires are a little negatives from my side.
plus its too low seating is not so impressive.
plastics looks good but i thinks so its brittle like the chinese toys looks good from outside but a samll fall and it breaks into pieces, i saw some door edge plastics cracked in the demo vehicle when i trie pulling it it mad e me feel its not so hard.

but its sheer absolute value for money if you are on a budget. and titanium is the one to go for.

[cheers]

Another good write-up Ram! You have left out most of the top-selling cars already. Wondering which girl only stole your heart!:biggrin:

Thread Starter #19
Sorry guys was out of town for about a month on work reasons
had a mobile gprs to connect to net never felt like writing on the phone keypad

Its too late now to write i know
but i insist i finish what i started

So here you go ill just pen down 2 at once

You got a alliance from a pretty girl with a rich FIL
you are bowled over by her looks ,
she is fair and has all the qualities to woo the man at first look
but wait
its short lived ,
>she doesn't perform the qualities she needs to.
>she doesn't know how to cook and she is pretty expensive..
>after some time you start getting bored by her looks and she no more agrees with you or shares your emotion.

This is exactly my interpretation of i20

Looks :
Damm i20 looks good, you look at her and she is too far away from the korean design. every thing looks propotionate. the lines and curves.

Space :
There is enough space inside i20 but i feel figo has more than i20 . driver seat is comfortable and enough fotwell space.

Gizmos :
K i20 has most of the gizmos like steering mounted controls and ACC , MID display. etc

Interiors : This is the place i20 triumphs over all the hatch backs in that range, i dont feel any other hatchback can match that feel at that price
I think every person getting inside the cabin will appreciate its interiors and thats what selling in the i20.
My dad said wow what upmarket feel , he never even thought to ride it he said this is good.

but i dont agree.

Safety : it has abs ,passenger and driver airbag in asta and driver airbag in sportz.

Drive:
First i have taken an extensive testdrive of diesel and a small test drive of petrol.(a kn ride in my friends car.)

First up petrol : Petrol is very much silent but the car of its size it requires a more powerful engine ,when i rode it there were 4 people in the car ,i needed to work on the gears to get a decent power. Maybe a first time driver will feel it adequate..

Coming to diesel :
Wow the engine has so much power 1400cc its the best engine in a hatchback it has large torque you feel pressed to the seat past 2000 rpm.
but i dont like that its a pain in the city traffic you feel as if crawling in the city and suddenly it moves ahead with a rush.
This happened twice i was moving behind a car and every time i was above 2000 rpm i was too fast and i needed to brake and again crawl behind him.
on a highway its superfast you feel like a plane moving.

Handling : this is the worst part of the i20 its handles bad and very bad at that. the steering is so light it inspires no confidence at speeds above 100 in small curves.

ac is pretty ok not bad as others have mention on the net. ac at 18 and nominal blower speed i was comfortable ,but when i sat behind i dint feel the chill or cooling effect.

the other worst part is the suspension every pot hole can be felt inside the car ,if you are sitting at the back you can feel the pothole hitting your back.

what a superb engine and what a waste you cant use that power due to its handling.
but straight line on a nice road wow it moves like a rocket.

Verdict :
If you are a first time buyer and bored with the maruti cars and want a premium feel and your friends and families appreciation for the car then this the car for you,
You want a premium car and peace of mind worrying about A.S.S then this is a good choice.

You want the fun to drive and experience good out of driving please stay out of this , this is only for city and occasional highway which puts from point a to b.

You know the result
ya rite rejected.

well i have 1 left ill post it tonight..
Have fun guys[cheers]

Thread Starter #20
K here comes the final round

Scenario

She is a beautiful looking girl so beautiful that you can not take your eye out of her
But too scared to look at her because people say her father is a don or a mafia boss.
But you hear very good talks for her and her behavior.

you miss the chance and every time you see her when you are with your wife
you just wish you had married her life would be so good.

This is totally true in my case.

This is what supposed to be my description of the FIAT Punto

Looks :
Damm she is gorgeous, i think so 99% of the people in TAI disagree with me
its the best looking hatchback one can get in India period.
those Italian design they have the right curves(Dont agree? see Monica belluci) you see whatever angle it looks gorgeous.

Space :
Space is pretty short for the car that size its marginally short than i20 and tight compared to figo.

Gizmos : i think so its loaded to the brim acc,mid follow me home head lamps , instantaneous consumption and of all Blue and me.
No other hatch back comes near in gizmos.

Interiors : this is where the punto fails to impress prospective customers. with all those beautiful exteriors when you step in you feel the interiors are cheap and lack premium feel. there is panel gaps .
car costing >6 lakhs this is not acceptable in fact cheaper figo feels well screwed but the plastics in punto are sturdy (In figo it feels like cheap chinese plastics with good finish).

Safety : airbags and abs in e pack. adn car feels solidly built..

Drive : i have driven the diesel 75 hp and 90 hp extensively.
In fact i had driven at every instace i got a chance got test drive from 3 showrooms just for riding it.

first 75 hp : 75 hp is bit underpowered for the weight of punto or its because of the short first gear. the first and second gear are pretty short and if you rev had there is groan from the engine ,
come to 3 rd and it fells heaven it pulls cleanly from 30 easily but when you go above 100-120 you hear the engine roar inside cabin.
but for a sedate driver 75 is more than enough.

90 hp: I think this was the engine punto should have it in the first place
it has NVH levels lot lesser compared to 75 and it has enough power to pull cleanly.

the first gear is short but not as 76hp but after 2000rpm you feel the rush but not as i20 but the power delivery is linear as compared to i20 which is good in city traffic .Overall its a good competitor for i20 i touched 160 on nice road and it was stable and very less noise from the engine.

Handling : coming to this i think so all other hatch backs bite the dust except figo and swift to some extent..
Its not a good but a superb handler, you get a confidence when driving and there is minimal body roll . every turn and it behaves what you expect from it.

Suspension is superb i dind feel a single pothole in bangalore it glided on it with ease.

ac was chiller in 90 , but sadly 75 hp i drove had its blower malfunctioned.

Verdict

This one hatchback is seriously the top performer , if it had it been from hyundai or maruti people would have waited a year to get hands on it.
Every people i met and ask says fiat A.S.S is not good but from reviews from internet i saw every one are satisfied with the service .

this is a good highway performer it feels safe inside this car.

overall very much satisfied with this vehicle .

So now i am stuck with the typical indian bride and the italian beauty
after seeing the sales for punto in last two months its decreasing [frustration] what will be my fate when it goes down and takes the palio way.

MY HEART SAYS PUNTO BUT MIND SAYS FIGO.
Guys throw your opinion ............

i will decide this by saturday and update until then let me know your opinion.

If its going to be Punto vs Figo.

I would say Punto will win hands down.

Its a great car with suprsing power, advanced stability & awesome high speed handling.

When you compare Figo & Punto, Figo is a new age car & you will be with the trend.

But cars shouldn't be bought for the trend, you should buy what your heart asks for.

Nice comparison again Ram! I agree with you completely about the i20. My friend has one and its exactly the same way you described the car!

If i were you i would choose the Punto over the Figo! IMO Punto feels more up-market than Figo.

Thread Starter #23
Thanks guys no matter what i tried could not take decision from my mind.
I dont want to marry girl of my mind and secretly admire this italian,(I am very loyal[:D])
went with the hearth and booked punto 90 hp will be delivered after 15 days.

Thanks for your help i need some help ill post in appropriate sections..

Thats great news Ram.

Congratz for your Italian babe & looking forward for your experiences with showroom.

Wow, I am bit late but anyway congrats.
I think 1st 90 HP on TAI.

From where have you booked and when is the delivery. Must do thorough PDI.

Great news Ram. Actually i was waiting for you to end this report and now i am here to appreciate your writeup. Honestly i loved the way you wrote with reference to a girl/bride. I think that was one of the resons why iwe all found it amusing to read. And congrats for your Punto 90HP. Till you get your car delivered, you may take a closer look at it in our
Official FIAT Punto 90HP Road Test Review here.

Thread Starter #28
Great news Ram. Actually i was waiting for you to end this report and now i am here to appreciate your writeup. Honestly i loved the way you wrote with reference to a girl/bride. I think that was one of the resons why iwe all found it amusing to read. And congrats for your Punto 90HP. Till you get your car delivered, you may take a closer look at it in our
Official FIAT Punto 90HP Road Test Review here.
thanks Akash , i am not a good writer , it was just my idea of how did i think when my dad told about that.

Ya i have read the report of 90 hp. its a good write up akash.
to be frank its that report made me join this wonderful community . i thought asking a few questions about 90hp but at the same time got the test drive so i penned down my experiences.

you guys are very encouraging which makes me think i am a good writer[lol]

Top Bottom