Location of CNG Pumps in India (Availability of Outlets)

Thread Starter #1
CNG (Compressed natuaral gas) being one of the cleaner fuels is finding many more users in India. With national gas grid under implementation ,we would see many more towns in most of the states coming under CNG supply for Automotive usages (besides PNG for cooking & industrial uses). There was shortage of updated and precise information on availability of CNG Pumps /Outlets in India on net which led me to study and compile the data. This information to be presented on this thread would help owners driving CNG Vehicles or prospective CNG Car buyers.

There are 380 odd CNG pumps in India currently and it is going to be huge growth in new CNG pumps henceforth.I am updating maps with location of pumps within India and will share in this thread regularly.I would request fellow TAI-ians to point out any errors at locations known to them. Collaborative efforts are also welcome (PM me)

May this thread be spared for identifying the geographical location and availability of CNG / pressure only and not for discussing virtues /drawback of CNG vis-a-vis other fuel options.

350Z

Core Team
Great initiative. This thread can transform into a useful database. Looking forward to the updates.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Here is the snapshot of India Map with CNG Fuel pumps /outlets. This includes both standalone CNG stations of Gas companies or Petrol/diesel pumps having one odd CNG pump.

This will give a rough idea for long distance traveller who wishes to drive /buy a CNG Car.
(any corrections related query may be PM-ed to me)

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
Thanks Sujit,
I have the list of nearly all the CNG pumps , but would require collaboration from people at the specific town to help me pinpoint the exact location on map. May be you could contribute info for Pune.Will contact you.

@Carabiker:
A great initiative it is,now if one is running a CNG car then he/she can have a look at this list and then plan their filling stops and route accordingly..

Well,recently GAIL has opened one(and two to be opened) here in Meerut:
One is on Delhi Road.
Another to be opened on Roorkee road in near future.

I have a Question. Is there no CNG availability in BAngalore or Chennai thats TN or KArnataka. Alsop I have doubt whats different between CNG and LPG fuel operation in petrol engine. is there different kits or same kits??

Thread Starter #8
Here is the state-wise list of CNG outlets in India as of Nov 2011.

Those states where it is stated - "Yet to be available (planned) " it is to be understood that the authorities /Companies are setting up necessary infrastructure right now. This infrastructure includes Pipelines or Outlets or both. In some places several reasons are preventing dispensing of CNG (including Difficult terrain , low density of population/vehicles ,cost of transportation, or viability of pipeline etc.)

(errors /suggestions may be sent to me as Personal Messages)

Attachments

Thread Starter #9
vijay,
i hope this clarifies your query about availability at bangalore/ chennai. You can expect CNG there by 2012 or latest by 2013.

CNG filling stations in Pune with Location Map

Mumbai-Banglore Highway NH4 , Pune-Solapur Road NH9

Bhosari, Chikhali, Chinchwad, Fursungi, Hadapsar, Hinjewadi, Kondhwa, Tathwade, Warje Malwadi

CNG station Mumbai-Banglore Highway: NH4 - Hinjewadi, Tathwade, Warje Malwadi

CNG station Pune-Solapur Road: NH9 - Fursungi, Hadapsar

Attachments

New CNG Station on Palm Beach Road, Belapur near Croma on the way to Pune.
cng-navi-mumbai-palm-beach-road.jpg
Just before you take the Left to take the rly way bridge.
Also has a NGV Nozzle for all my Maruti Friends.

Top Bottom