Local Body Tax in Mumbai

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have been told by the dealer that I will have to pay this LBT(Local Body Tax) for my Swift which I might be having in 2 weeks. This is something new for me. Because I reside in an area where I don't have any octroi. Any guys from Thane district ( Central Line ) can confirm if this is true.

Thanks in Advance

Why did he ask you to pay lbt?

Are other owners in your locality paid the same?

ask in rto if its required because finally its the rto which checks with papers before registering.

Do reply with an update soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

I have been told by the dealer that I will have to pay this LBT(Local Body Tax) for my Swift which I might be having in 2 weeks. This is something new for me. Because I reside in an area where I don't have any octroi. Any guys from Thane district ( Central Line ) can confirm if this is true.

Thanks in Advance
Yes, this is true.

This came into effect from April-May 2011 I guess. The areas which does not have any octroi is entitled to have LBT.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the response Guys:

An update: I won't be paying any LBT for the mean time because its not been finalized yet. But yes that is bound to happen very soon. I am just hoping that I get my car before any more of these taxes [:)]

Thanks for the response Guys:

An update: I won't be paying any LBT for the mean time because its not been finalized yet. But yes that is bound to happen very soon. I am just hoping that I get my car before any more of these taxes [:)]
Do start a ownership and delivery experience with pics soon!!!
And dont forget to do the pdi as per TAI posts [:)]
Happpy driving and all the best [thumbsup]

Local Body Tax (LBT) in Maharashtra effective April 1, 2013

I am a new buyer in Indian market for a month now. Every dealer I went or spoke with, started the conversation with LBT and its effect on cost of the car. But none are sure on how it will impact and exact cost difference.
On one hand they urged me book it before 1st April and on other hand they do not have any CBU in stock (for the ones I preferred). To make it worst no fixed or approx date when they will receive the cars from automakers.

Regardless, I want to understand from an auto buyer's point of view what is the fuss about LBT. All I know is Mr Chavan (CM - Mah) has announced to replace octroi with LBT amounting 6% of ex-show room price. Me being Thane registrant seems like 1% hike (octroi in thane is 5%).

I reside at Bhayandar (Thane District), what i heard is Local Body Tax (LBT) is applied for the region outside of Bombay (Not very sure for other areas.)

And it's 3.5% of the Ex-showroom price however it's not mandatory to pay during registration.

The concern department notifies you to make the payment once they receive the all the legal and registered document from the RTO.

But Newspaper and articles are saying something else. This is from trader's union, they will pay up some lump-sum amount to government. (Everything is pitch dark at this moment.)

Need to have clear understanding of it for vehicle registration.

Actually LBT is replacement of octroi .Here in pune octroi was 2% on ex showroom price and now LBT is also 2% hence in pune there will not be any change in price.

Hello,

Please excuse me for bringing up the old thread back in action. It seems the right thread and there's no need to create a new one.

My question to @nicepankaj - Do you have any updates on LBT? I stay in Mira Road.

I'm planning to to book Grand i10 Sportz (Petrol) in coming Ganesh Chaturthi, and dealers are asking LBT of 3.5% of the ex showroom price straight forward. Is it possible to pay it later as @niepankaj just mentioned above? Also, is it possible to have it included in the Loan?

I just found that CarWale (For on the road price list) shows two different prices - 1. With LBT - and 2. Without LBT. In the price with LBT, they include the LBT amount on Ex Showroom price, so does that mean if you go for 100% loan amount, you can include LBT in Loan?

Please share if anybody else has good knowledge in this regards.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Top Bottom