Limited Edition Maruti SX4 Royale!

but i guess arkin, maruti might not be able to source diesel engines from fiat which are bigger, i mean they are already not able to suffice the demand for swift, dzires and ritz, so may be they might be looking to get atleast 1.6L diesel engine, which i have heard that maruti is trying its hands on their home production, or else might borrow from some other company, but one thing is for sure, sx4 needs a diesel heart.

Yesh. But to my knowledge, Maruti Suzuki does not have a single diesel to its credit. In fact, it used the Peugeot 309's TUD5 engine on the Esteem Di and Zen D. So Maruti is in a real tight situation.

Why is it launched only in Mumbai and Goa? [cry] SX4 is great car IMO but not selling well after price hike when new version was launched!!

Good work

This is good move by Maruti but after reading the above replies I noticed that people have started raising the doubts about Maruti and getting diverted towards Hyundai,[frustration] so I think they need to bring Kizashi in Indian market which will make a splash in auto industry.

MS SX4 does not have MID [other than time and temperature display], rear ac vent and Bluetooth/USB connectivity. Even the revamped BS IV models do not have them. MS cannot take the customers for granted.

^^That's true. I feel the Ltd. Ed. is meant only for Goa and Bombay, so it doesn't make sense to most of us, forget buyers in Goa and Bombay.

Thread Starter #23

350Z

Core Team
MS SX4 does not have MID [other than time and temperature display], rear ac vent and Bluetooth/USB connectivity. Even the revamped BS IV models do not have them. MS cannot take the customers for granted.
Maruti is not taking customers for granted, Just that they have not been able to keep up with this rapidly changing trend.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well, I feel that to some extent, Maruti has been taking its customers for granted. It is indirectly doing the opposite of promoting safety. The WagonR VXi ABS has a waiting period of 3-4 months, while the LXi (and VXi in some regions) have a waiting period of just one month. The waiting periods on the ZXi variants of the DZire & Swift are just criminal.

Zxi version is the direct out put from the production series for international market. Hence, I really don't understand what make this much delay in getting the ZXi version. VXi on the other hand is stripped down version of ZXi and hence may take some time. But I think, when ever it is to be higher end models, they are giving preference to international markets.

But the truth is, they don't have any new models in their stable for this segment. So they are slightly facing a tough time I guess.
Well, I think The big cat Kizashi is ready to run out of their Bag, but it looks like Maruti is just watching the trends and its rivals. The Kizashi is already out in the US and its just another 3 to 5 months and it will be here as well, and I believe that, this will be a rev happy car competing with Accord, laura, etc [thumbsup]

Top Bottom