Limited Edition Maruti SX4 Royale!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Maruti Suzuki has now launched the special Dealer Limited Edition of SX4 in Mumbai and Goa, christened as SX4 Royale. This Limited Edition boasts some features such as ORVM indicators, rear spoiler, leather seat covers, Leather wrapped steering cover, Reverse parking sensors, Bluetooth compatible integrated music system, Transparent floor mat, Door sill guards, Reading lamps, Royale decal, Four years of extended warranty and attractive shoppers stop gift voucher worth Rs.8,000. The car will retail at approx. Rs.8.7 Lakhs, Is this a result of dying sales of SX4 due to latest value for money rivals like Linea and the all new Vento?

SX4%20Royale.jpg

SX4%20Royale%20features.jpg
(Image courtesy: Goaonwheels)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Is that a lip spoiler?

If all these features were incorporated when they were launched , they would have sold well but now its difficult as its facing stiff competition from Linea , Manza and will face even more from Vento!

SX4 is never going to make it in India.

Come on Maruti, its time for Hatched version of SX4.

Dont just add few elements & call it Royale ?

If you really want to know what is Royale, then check out Optra Royale & its features which was launched long time back!

But the truth is, they don't have any new models in their stable for this segment. So they are slightly facing a tough time I guess.

Most of these features are stuff that are fitted after-market. Neck Supports as an OE on a Ltd. Edition? Strange are the ways of the world. Maruti might loose another DZire/SX4 customer, none other than my dad, because -
1. The Dzire has an insulting 6-8 month waiting period, not to mention strange styling and poor legroom.
2. The SX4 is overpriced by 50K. Offer a huge discount, like Honda on the Jazz, and you will have more prospective customers like my dad, instead of launching pricier Ltd. Eds. Maruti, you listening?

I Strongly feel the days of MSIL greatness itself is reducing because of stiff competition and better products from competitors in all the segments. And also add to the huge waiting list of almost all their cars. I can sense the decline of MSIL in a few years time!

MSIL just thinks increasing waiting period will attract more buyers.

Its definitely not. I have personally seen many people who is supposed to buy Swift opted for i10/ i20/ punto just for immediate delivery.

Even I opted for Swift first after looking at waiting period, I moved on to i10.

And now I may move on to Manza (if not Fiesta) thanks to the DZire's Waiting period.
The WagonR's waiting period is also a 2ndary factor for us going in for the i10 instead of the Waggy.
So Maruti might lose 2 orders from one customer.

SX4 is a nice sedan and the only one to have a great ground clearance in that segment. As always, competition takes the toll. Maruti is trying to push the sales of Sx4. I don't think this is going to work out. Never knew that MSIL is using ford's strategy of launching limited versions. [lol]

AMG

Suspended
Transparent foot mats! [lol]

Who needs them?

And they could have launched it in a special edition gold colour in order to make it truly royale.

BTW, is this car painted with asian paints royale colour? :lol!:

well, not to forget, this is the best quality car maruti has ever given to us till now out of their whole lot, best GC,but with stiff competition in the market maruti needs to plonk a diesel heart on SX4 rather then this add ons as special edition numbers which is their old strategy which doesnt work in this age.Hope they understand this and give us a good diesel engine.

well, not to forget, this is the best quality car maruti has ever given to us till now out of their whole lot, best GC,but with stiff competition in the market maruti needs to plonk a diesel heart on SX4 rather then this add ons as special edition numbers which is their old strategy which doesnt work in this age.Hope they understand this and give us a good diesel engine.
+1 to that, Vijay. The large Linea has a 1.3 Mjd plonked into it, then why can't Maruti plonk the 1.3 Mjd a.k.a DDiS into the SX4. That is sure to make sales go up like a rocket. Probably they have their so called 'production limitations', and even if they do launch it, there will be a considerable waiting period. [frustration]

Top Bottom