Limitations for Covering Maximum Distance During Run-in?

Thread Starter #1
Hi everybody.m new in TAI.i have a question relating to new car.it is well known that we have to follow the run in period for newly bought car or bike i,e. not to go above 50 or 60 seed limits(or mentioned by the company) for the first 1000 kms.ok this was about speed limits.but what about distance limitations for eg can we drive newly bought vehicle nonstop 100 kms the very first day?what is the maximum distance(kms) one should drive his new vehicle during run in period?how much maximum distance can we drive a newly bought vehicle nonstop?expert advise is welcomed.waiting for reply.

re: New vehicle owner's query

Yes you can. There is no maximum distance limit. Just ensure you dont drive at a constant speed for a long duration & keep the rpm in check.

lxi.

Suspended
Re: New vehicle owner's query

No, No such limitations on Distance travelled. See that that you do not exceed RPMs.

@Vishwas - Same i did with my Alto [:)]. I thought that while driving at a constant speed of 45kmph, I will get maximum mileage and thus drove from Gurgaon to Faridabad at a constant speed :lol!:

@Vishwas - Same i did with my Alto [:)]. I thought that while driving at a constant speed of 45kmph, I will get maximum mileage and thus drove from Gurgaon to Faridabad at a constant speed :lol!:
I did constant 80kmph and the mileage figures came to 20kmpl[angel] before 1st engine oil change.

lxi.

Suspended

I dont know what the figures would have ben. Actually, I was not a TAI'n at that time so didnt know the Tankfull to tankfull method :stupid:

Break in period for new cars

I have completed around 350 kms in my new Petrol Ignis car.

I have been following the car manual strictly as of now . ( no hard braking till 320 kms and driving at moderate speeds. Have avoided crossing 80kmph).

My question is whether we need to follow break in period for modern petrol cars ? The manual says to avoid prolonged operations at the same speed till 960 kms.

Can highway driving for 4-5 hours at the speed of 80-100 kmph cause any problems with the car/engine ?

Re: Break in period for new cars

I have been following the car manual strictly as of now . ( no hard braking till 320 kms and driving at moderate speeds. Have avoided crossing 80kmph).

My question is whether we need to follow break in period for modern petrol cars ? The manual says to avoid prolonged operations at the same speed till 960 kms.

Can highway driving for 4-5 hours at the speed of 80-100 kmph cause any problems with the car/engine ?
Till about 1500 to 2000 km odo reading drive below 1500rpm and fluctuate your driving style for the engine to be nicely run in.

I know many people get the oil changed at the 1st service, don't know if this should be practical.

Re: Break in period for new cars

You should avoid prolonged use at "same rpm". On Highways, you can modulate speeds. Drive at 80 for sometime, then at 85, come down to 75, go to 90 etc. If you are not comfortable, don't cross 80.

Top Bottom