Li’l Tata Magic Iris and Ace Zip Now Available

It took me some time to actually believe that Tata rolled out Iris with the same design as showcased at the Autoexpo last year. I am sure, this is another commercial vehicle which is going to bring yet another dose of sales for Tata.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Li’l Tata Magic Iris and Ace Zip Now Available

By the way, are the auto-rickshaw owners the target customers for this?
For sure. This thing is targeted for commercial and rural buyers. Gosh, How did I miss it last year on Auto Expo?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Both Magic Iris & Ace Zip look cute. With its stance (small forward over hang and no rear over hang ) Iris looks eager like a Frog ready to jump.

Ace Zip on the other hand is like a small toy truck. Congrats TATA team for launching such user friendly vehicles , creating a new vehicle class altogether as with Ace.

Suddenly from no where I am noticing plenty of Iris(s) on the roads, it looks soooo cute, and also looks comfortable, lets hope it replaces the dangerous bajaj auto.

When I had Visited India Manufacturing Show 2010 they had showcased this Vehicle and the representatives present there told that this vehicle would replace auto rickshaws and it has 4 speed gearbox.The battery was placed in the small boot space.
The front was good with compact looks,but the rear and side profile is somewhat disgusting.(Guess to keep the costs low).

Tata Ace Sweeps Bangladesh Market

Tata Motors, with its mini truck 'Ace' has taken the small pick-up segment in Bangladesh by storm, consuming more than 90 per cent stakes in the small pickup segment in three years since its launch in early 2009, said Selima Ahmad, vice chairperson of Nitol-Niloy Group of Industries, the sole distributor of Tata vehicles in Bangladesh.

Nitol sold 7,800 units of Tata Ace during the January-December period of 2011, up from 3,500 units in 2009.

Ace has been very successful product for Tata motor's,just last month Tata motor's launched the electric version of Ace in the UK(http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ta-motors-plans-alternative-fuel-cars-uk.html) which was very well received and now this new's of Ace commanding a 90% market share in Bangladesh is a very good news for Tata motor's.[clap]

Source:
'Ace' up Tata's sleeve; sweeps small pick up segment in Bangladesh - The Economic Times

the recent spyshot we’ve received from Pune of an upcoming variant that reveals two important introductions – doors are fitted to both sides (currently on the market with one rear door) as well as CNG technology exposed by the pre-production model’s body decal.
We’ve also recently shown you another variant that uses glass (or fiber glass) on the windows instead of plastic curtains. The Iris CNG project is Tata’s Nano for the commercial segment.
The Magic Iris is powered by a 611 cc, water cooled diesel engine producing 11 HP power and 31 Nm torque. It was launched in BSIII specification in May last year at Rs 1.95 lakh, ex-showroom Thane (without octroi).
Tata Motors is expected to bring out these changes as the Bajaj RE60 (that was recently spotted on the back of a truck) is preparing to come out all guns blazing this financial year. The RE60 is the direct rival to the Magic Iris, but with Tata constantly improving its contender the company stands to gain more attention from its would-be customers.

The availability of the diesel engine (remember the RE60 is a petrol) as well as the introduction of CNG could tempt autorickshaw operators to upgrade to the Iris. The Iris is (debatable) better looking and as it has been on the market for a bit longer, Tata knows a thing or two about this class of buyer.
There is no information about the vehicle’s launch date, but seeing these production-ready prototypes testing, that day may not be very far away!

Is it launched in Tier-1 cities cos i hardly see this in Bangalore.

Source:
Tata Magic Iris evolves - Four-door CNG model spied

Attachments

You'll be surprised if you give a look into the interiors, 5 people can sit(not comfortably though) but an apt alternative to the Autos.
That's right it can seat 5 people in relative comfort,and also its much safer than the current 3 wheeler's.

Along with the launch of new xenon pick up trucks Tata Motor's also updated the Super Ace, which now features a mobile charger, AC and 5 new colors namely sardina red, lunar silver, gold castle green, ivory white and champagne gold. Tata Motors will launch more variants of the Xenon and Super Ace in the coming months. In the last three years, Tata Motors has sold close to 35,000 units of these vehicles in international markets. These vehicles will be available in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan and then Punjab.

Tata Motors Launches Updated Xenon and Super Ace | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Mod's please move this post to right thread

Attachments

Tata Ace Zipping away!

Tata Motors Ace Zip is really zipping along in Karnataka-a drive in interior karnataka will find plenty of this pretty species. Many magic IRIS-though most seem private vehicles [:)]!
Here is an article from the Business standard
Tata Motors' Dharwad plant rolls out 10,000 Tata ACE Zips in 10 months
Tata Motors' Dharwad plant rolls out 10,000 Tata ACE Zips in 10 months The Dharwad plant of Tata Motors was established with an investment of over Rs 900 crore Bibhu Ranjan Mishra / Bangalore Feb 01, 2013, 17:55 ISTJust within 10 months after commencing operations, Tata Motors’ manufacturing plant in Dharwad, Karnataka has rolled out 10,000 Tata Ace Zip micro trucks. Launched in May 2011, the Tata Ace Zip is a technologically superior smart micro truck with a payload capacity of 600 kg for door-to-door goods movement. The Dharwad facility of the company which started operations in March 2012 produces small commercial vehicles, Tata Ace Zip and Tata Magic IRIS.

“The Tata Ace family today is a major source of livelihood generation. Tata Ace Zip has found acceptability from first time buyers as a self-employment tool and corporate and captive buyers. The roll-out of the 10,000th Tata Ace Zip is a testament to the value we offer to our customers,” said Ravi Pisharody, Executive Director, Commercial Vehicles, Tata Motors.

The Dharwad plant of Tata Motors was established with an investment of over Rs 900 crore, and the facility spans across an area of 405 acres. The capacity of the plant is 90,000 units per year which will be achieved in phases, the company said.

The small commercial vehicle (SCV) industry has been growing at a steady pace. In FY 13, Tata Motors has so far sold over 2.14 lakh small commercial vehicles, maintaining a growth of 26 per cent.

“We continue to have a leadership position in the SCV market with a market share of 78 per cent in the cargo segment and 79 per cent in the passenger-carrier segment,” added Pisharody

Magic IRIS-private success?

Tata's small Auto alternative the Magic IRIS was supposed to swarm cities as a safer and weather friendly machine. It seemed initially to me a v good option instead of waiting for a diesel nano!
Now after driving around south India it appears to me,most people seem to be using it as just that-a v affordable family carrier! I have seen numerous privately owned IRIS's ? "Iri" in the hills and plains and have yet to spot a taxi/ auto version. Perhaps i have not traveled enough :-)
How i wish i could use it as a second vehicle (i don't need one though!). Cute, fun economical! Could be a 'cool' car for a college kid!-serious

Top Bottom