LEDs in Headlamps

Thread Starter #1
planning to add led in headlight in place of city lights. but wot about the heat emitted by the halogen bulbs. is there any other method/ bulbs to have white light for city/parking bulbs

Thread Starter #6
googled the net & found the life of led decreases drastically in hot climates.
k. will give it a try. max i would install them tomorrow . will update u guys.

would 3 led's be sufficient for parking lights or would they require 6???

My car is running with LEDS in position lights which will give a cool looks. There's no heat issues as its placed away from the HL bulbs.

Here's it looks

P3200051%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

P3200059%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

P3200048%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

i did it in my WagonR. MUL advertises it as Blue eyed boy in real the light is ordinary so i bought Blue LEDs and installed it check here
I am too worried a little about the heat from halogen lamps. haven't ridden in night yet.

My car is running with LEDS in position lights which will give a cool looks. There's no heat issues as its placed away from the HL bulbs.

Here's it looks
Good work can you post pics in day light? and please explain what LED you used.

Last edited:
I had those leds like yours in the headlamps,but they dont last long,usually after like 6 months the give up,but I like your daytimerunning lights(DRL)

Are your day time leds from hella?
How much did your leds cost?

i did it in my WagonR. MUL advertises it as Blue eyed boy in real the light is ordinary so i bought Blue LEDs and installed it check here
I am too worried a little about the heat from halogen lamps. haven't ridden in night yet.

Good work can you post pics in day light? and please explain what LED you used.
Don't worry about the heat, its not going to harm anyway.

This is the one I bought for $4.47 from DX, its very bright to get noticed from long, but not as bright as DRLs.

I had those leds like yours in the headlamps,but they dont last long,usually after like 6 months the give up,but I like your daytimerunning lights(DRL)

Are your day time leds from hella?
How much did your leds cost?
I bought it on last Oct, almost 1 year since the purchase, touch wood, not even a single SMD has gone[clap]

When you buy LED lights invest on SMDs not the ordinary LEDs as the brightness and life span is good in case of SMDs.

DRLs also from DX, ofcourse its a Chinese make but very effective and powerful than any other stuff available in local accessory shops and cheaper by thousands.

This is what I bought for $28 including shipping, good thing is its water proof, not even a trace of mist couldnt managed to get in during the last mansoons and 3-4 pressure washes.

@sajjt
Thank you for the photos and information.
i bought mine frome\ ebay ~200 for pair. so iguess even though they are SMD must be low quality ones.

I bought it on last Oct, almost 1 year since the purchase, touch wood, not even a single SMD has gone[clap]

When you buy LED lights invest on SMDs not the ordinary LEDs as the brightness and life span is good in case of SMDs.

DRLs also from DX, ofcourse its a Chinese make but very effective and powerful than any other stuff available in local accessory shops and cheaper by thousands.

This is what I bought for $28 including shipping, good thing is its water proof, not even a trace of mist couldnt managed to get in during the last mansoons and 3-4 pressure washes.
Hi there, could you please guide me as to which one to go for in this website daytime running lights - Free Shipping - DealExtreme ? I'm a little confused. What are SMDs? My budgets upto max 35USD (is the shipping actually free?). How will I be able to fit it in my Jazz? Can local mechanics do it? Will they cope with waterlogging in Indian roads? Do they come with warranty?

Cheers

Jazzy

Hi there, could you please guide me as to which one to go for in this website daytime running lights - Free Shipping - DealExtreme ? I'm a little confused. What are SMDs? My budgets upto max 35USD (is the shipping actually free?). How will I be able to fit it in my Jazz? Can local mechanics do it? Will they cope with waterlogging in Indian roads? Do they come with warranty?

Cheers

Jazzy
Hi,

yeah these are the ones I've bought and its still going strong, cheaper and brighter than the local ones available here. Go ahead.

U can fix it within the grills, any accessory shop guy can do it. Forget about warranty, it comes with a throw away price and u can't expect too much from a single item imported especially from China[evil]

SMD : Surface mounted Diodes, just google it u'll get what u need[:)]

Top Bottom