Leather Seat Covers For Volkswagen Polo

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

Hope you are doing good.

I own a VW Polo which was running in the stock fabric seat cover. As the little one eats and sleeps in the car during our long trips, the seats are a bit dirty. I am thinking whether to add a seat cover.

But heard some comments that this will not give the same comfortable as stock seats have. Also to add leather covers, we need to remove the stock cover. Can you guys please share your views in adding a leather seat cover by replacing the stock one?

Also please suggest some good accessories shop in Bangalore.

Thanks.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
To prevent stock seat covers from stain, dust, damages, etc. many add an additional seat cover on it.

Pure leather seat covers are good but it will be expensive. Go for it if you can afford.[thumbsup]

Most of the Car owners use the PU Art leather seat covers which come in the range of Rs 7000 to Rs 12000

PU Leather is a synthetic leather with a poly coating which has a very less thickness as against Pure Leather.

Its finish looks glossy, Its a good water resistant, and can be cleaned easily, Scratchless material, but it may get sticky and hot during summers.
If you park your car for a fairly long time in summers - and go inside - yes, you will feel the seats bit sticky and hot, but as the temperature comes down with AC - the seats tends comfortable. Also the lifespan and durability over a long term basis of PU Leatherette seat covers is much less, when compared with Pure Leather Seats.

Another disadvantage with Art leather seat covers are that it tends to get mould (fungus) during the rainy season (I have just cleaned the moulds on my car seat cover just now as we have been getting continuous rain for the last few days and seat covers almost covered with mould)

However, PU Seat covers are still in much demand - thanks to pricing as it comes as almost 1/3rd of the price or even less of pure leather seat covers and looks as good as leather seat covers in a brand new car.

If you intend to choose Art Leather, suggest to go with reputed brands like Stanley, AutoForm etc. An inferior brand or product with less thickness may not last much.

Top Bottom