Land Rover Freelander Facelift Now in India

Re: Land Rover Freelander Facelift Coming Soon

Base model priced at Rs 20.61 lacs and top end at around Rs 23.43 lacs.[frustration][frustration]

Why? Why? This only happens to us Indians.A car selling at around 20 lacs in USA/other nations sells at 40 lacs in India.

C'mon TATA be sensible and do something about it.

Disclaimer: The words are only a monologue thus any response shall not be entertained by me.

You're Welcome
My personal views for anybody who is " non- wishful " enough to understand that markets in differnt countries differ.
For example Honda city basic model in brazil - 14.5 lakhs ( after converting the Brazilian price in indian ruppes ) .
Tata nano price in Nepal - After an addition of 240 per cent customs and other duties and insurance charges, the car that is priced at Rs 1,51,000 in India, will come at a cost of NRs 7,98,000 (roughly Rs 5 lakh) in Nepal, Tata Motors’ international business head Johny Oommen said.
Source -http://www.indianexpress.com/news/in-nepal-nano-is-a-rs-5-lakh-car/809037/
So why tata why ? Hope non wishful thinkers can understand the drift[;)]

So if Audi and BMW launches their x3 and q5 for 21 lakhs in India All be rest assured we will get the freelander for the same price.

Last edited:

Friends

I will try and attempt this discussion to have some meaningful conclusion soon.

First of all, thanks to Visran for those nice pics of Freelander, it is really tempting.

We need to understand one thing that Landrover is a international brand like Audi and BMW though it is owned by TATA !! So since it is owned by TATA we cannot expect its price to be in comparison with Nano,Indica, Aria Or Storm. It completely belongs to a different class and its pricing will be according to that whether we like it or not[:)]

In one of the post Xover said that who will by a 20+ lakhs product ?? and only billionaires or millionaires will buy. Xover if you look at the forum members and the cars owned by them you will find more of them are bought cars between 15 lakhs to 20 Lakhs, so we have so many rich people already in TAI and other forums too and see their aspirations about their next cars which easily cross 20 lakhs figure. So with the currency dynamics we cannot compare models and their prices between the countries all the time.

So finally to conclude that Land Rover is big brand world over and is a respected rich brand, hence will be priced par with its popularity !!

This is my view friends not to offend any body here !!

Friends

I will try and attempt this discussion to have some meaningful conclusion soon.

First of all, thanks to Visran for those nice pics of Freelander, it is really tempting.

We need to understand one thing that Landrover is a international brand like Audi and BMW though it is owned by TATA !! So since it is owned by TATA we cannot expect its price to be in comparison with Nano,Indica, Aria Or Storm. It completely belongs to a different class and its pricing will be according to that whether we like it or not[:)]

In one of the post Xover said that who will by a 20+ lakhs product ?? and only billionaires or millionaires will buy. Xover if you look at the forum members and the cars owned by them you will find more of them are bought cars between 15 lakhs to 20 Lakhs, so we have so many rich people already in TAI and other forums too and see their aspirations about their next cars which easily cross 20 lakhs figure. So with the currency dynamics we cannot compare models and their prices between the countries all the time.

So finally to conclude that Land Rover is big brand world over and is a respected rich brand, hence will be priced par with its popularity !!

This is my view friends not to offend any body here !!
In my personal view this post of yours shows that any sensible person who has some knowledge about international brands can understand why a landrover can't be priced for 20 lakhs in the present scenario in India [clap]

I can just say one thing -

If Land Rover starts selling for 20 Lacs in India, then it wont be a "LAND ROVER" anymore.

I mean, it will lose it's image, prestige and brand value. We now look at a LR in awe. If it is sold for 20 Lacs, then in every nook and corner, we will see a Freelander... It will lose it's tag of being a vehicle exclusive to the elite class. I dont think LR would be willing to damage their reputation which they have built over the years.

WOW !! this really looks awesome !! Thank you Visran for the pics[clap]

I really look forward to own a Rover in my life at some point of time !! I really love this product

Thread Starter #37

I really look forward to own a Rover in my life at some point of time !! I really love this product
Same here it's a dream for me to own this elegant looking machine, Hope TATA get's this updated model soon to India.

Thread Starter #39

UK Gets Black & White Special Edition Land Rover Freelander

The edition is called Black & White, and it is based on the entry-level S trim, yet it gains some unique styling cues to set it apart from regular models. For starters, the glossy-black front grille grabs your attention, and once you get closer, you realize that both the side air vents and door handles bear the same shiny finish. The exterior look is completed by 17-inch rims, and tinted privacy glass for the rear occupants.

Buyers can choose from two special paint finishes, called Fuji White and Santorini Black. Inside, the SUV gets digital radio, standard Bluetooth connectivity and special black cloth on the seats.

It is available with the 2.2-liter diesel engine, which is good for 148 hp. Both front- and all-wheel drive versions are available - the former starts at £22,495, while the latter is £2,000 more expensive, at £24,995.

Attachments

Saw test drive of facelifted Freelander 2 in Cnbc Aawaaz Overdrive.The host Joyneel Mukerjee presented the test drive from America.The blue coloured facelift Freelander was looking stunning inside out.Can't wait for this suave beast to reach the India shores,its second home :-)

Thread Starter #42

2013 Land Rover Freelander 2 review, test drive

This is the Land Rover Freelander 2, the one they will introduce in India in March 2013. Because this is a mid-life update, Land Rover has, predictably, chosen to give it subtle updates that make the car look and feel fresher, rather than go in for expensive sheet metal changes.

To that extent, there's new equipment, a restrained rework of the interiors and the mildest of facelifts.

To get into the details, the exterior changes are limited to headlamps that get LED daytime running lamps, tail lamps that get Land Rover's twin-circular theme, there are new alloy wheels and three new colours.

On the inside, Land Rover has uncluttered the dashboard with fewer switches, a tidied up dashboard and an electric emergency brake. Oh, and the rotary dial for the terrain response system has been replaced by an Evoque style switch. There's also a new feature on the reverse camera that makes it easier to hitch a trailer onto the tow hook, and there's keyless go as well.

There are no mechanical changes apart from a new structural undertray that strengthens the chassis. North America gets a new 2.0-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine, but this won’t be offered in India. We get the same engines as before -- a 2.2-litre common-rail turbo diesel that makes 148bhp or 187bhp depending on which version you order. As before, both versions will come with a six-speed automatic transmission.

So, in the end, what you get with the Freelander is a car that, atleast in 187bhp trim has adequate grunt and one that is reasonably refined as well. It may not be the class leader when it comes to handling, but the Freelander has other strengths -- namely it's ride and it's off-road prowess. It is the best in class on the latter. In typical Land Rover fashion, it's easy to drive thanks to its high seats and low window line.

The Freelander is the best -selling Land Rover in India, but it isn't the class leader. This facelift and nip-and-tuck definitely go some way towards that. Expect the facelifted Freelander to cost marginally more than the current price when it gets to Indian showrooms.

2013 Land Rover Freelander 2 review, test drive | Review | Autocar India

Thread Starter #43
2013 Freelander 2 launched

British SUV giant Land Rover has just launched the facelifted 2013 Freelander2 SUV in India. The facelifted Freelander2 gets a range of new features along with a stylistic makeover on the outside. The Freelander2 that’s sold in India is the only Land Rover SUV to be assembled in the country. The Freelander2 is assembled at Jaguar-Land Rover’s assembly facility at Chikli, off Pune. The Chikli assembly unit was previously used by the Tata-Mercedes Benz venture to assemble Mercedes Benz cars in India. Now though, this plant has been converted for use by Land Rover and Jaguar.

The Land Rover Freelander2 SUV facelift is available in two variants: SE and HSE. The SE variant of this SUV comes with a 2.2 Liter turbo diesel engine that outputs 148 Bhp-420 Nm. The HSE variant also features the same 2.2 Liter turbo diesel engine, albeit in a higher state of tune with an output of 180 Bhp-420 Nm. Both engines are mated to a 6 speed automatic gearbox. The SUV comes with a four wheel drive system as standard. Also, the fuel conserving brake energy regeneration system is standard on both variants of the Freelander2. Meanwhile, here’s everything that’s new on the facelifted 2013 Freelander2,

*Xenon LED headlamps and tail lamps with a revamped design

* New daytime running lights

* Refreshed front grille and fog lamp bezels

* Refreshed front bumper

* 17 inch alloy wheels on the HSE variant

* New center console

* New TerrainResponse Switch that replaces the older dial

* New instrumentation console

* Electric parking brake

* Passive start system(You don’t have to dock the key to start the Freelander2. Having the key fob anywhere in the car is enough)

* Reverse camera

* Revamped navigation system

* Refreshed infotainment system with Meridian audio system and 7 inch touch screen
As was the case with the older version, the 2013 Freelander2 is loaded to the gills with safety equipment. 7 airbags, ABS, EBD, Traction Control, Cornering Brake Control (CBC), Emergency Brake Assist (EBA), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), Roll Stability Control (RSC) and Engine Drag Control are standard safety features on this SUV. The Freelander2, along with the Evoque crossover, is a top selling model for Land Rover globally. The Freelander2 is a hot selling model for Land Rover in India as well. The SE variant of the Freelander2 is priced at 38.67 lakh rupees while the HSE variant is priced at 43.92 lakh rupees, both prices reflecting ex-showroom Mumbai figures.

Land Rover launches the facelifted 2013 Freelander2 SUV in India; Prices start at 38.67 lakhs ex-showroom Mumbai - Indian Cars Bikes

Attachments

Re: 2013 Freelander 2 launched

They have colored the door handles and now its looking so weird. Anyways this won't sell in India with its XUV range performance. Very good offroader though.

Re: 2013 Freelander 2 launched

They have colored the door handles and now its looking so weird. Anyways this won't sell in India with its XUV range performance. Very good offroader though.
bro can you explain exactly what do you mean by xuv range performance of the free Lander ?

Top Bottom