Land Rover Freelander Facelift Now in India

Re: Land Rover Freelander Facelift Coming Soon

few more pic's of the new Freelander 2
Visran I think you must stop now posting more pics of this machine called freelander from landrover because pics makes us [clap] and then latter since we can't have it now we feel [frustration]. Hahaha joking man keep the good work going . Btw the black looks killer .

Freelander 2 was always an awesome looking SUV.Now with new pepped up exteriors and interiors its desirability has increased immensly.

I just wish TATA should price it competitively around 20 lakhs and it would be a game-changing car for Land Rover here in India.Despite now being assembled in India why there is no reduction in its sticker price is beyond me.C'mon TATA do it,just do it !!

Last edited:

Freelander 2 was always an awesome looking SUV.Now with new pepped up exteriors and interiors its desirability has increased immensly.

I just wish TATA should price it competitively around 20 lakhs and it would be a game-changing car for Land Rover here in India.Despite now being assembled in India why there is no reduction in its sticker price is beyond me.C'mon TATA do it,just do it !!
You mean a landrover must be priced below a fortuner, endeavor and captiva Or equal ? And just 4 lakhs above the xuv ?
All over the world it competes with x3 and q5 and is actually cheaper then them .
There is something called brand power and keeping it intact is more important then our wishes which in this case asking for 20 lakhs is ridiculous .
Landrover means a suv with luxury and quality and history shows quality and luxury comes with price .

Last edited:

In England I think it sells for around 17 lakh Rs(of course in equivalent pound sterlings).So why can't it sell at that price in India.

PS: I am not sure about exact English price but I have read before that its in that range.

In England I think it sells for around 17 lakh Rs(of course in equivalent pound sterlings).So why can't it sell at that price in India.

PS: I am not sure about exact English price but I have read before that its in that range.
I don't think it sells for 17 lakhs but tax are also high in England remember this . If BMW and Audi will sell their cars for 20 laks in India be sure plus / minus the price price landrover will also . And when that happens expect fortuner to be 11-12 lakhs safari for 5 lakhs and maybe nano they will give free with freelander [lol].
Landrover is highly aspiritional brand around the world they will never ever dilute the brand power and they must not . Even in England it's not every Tom dick and Harry can buy it .

Raja please remember this we are a nation were around 40% people live under poverty line? So how can the brand of Land Rover get diluted when they will sell a car at 20 lacs.20 lacs my dear friend is not "ordinary sum of money" that everyone can manage.Only a multi-millionaire or a billionaire can purchase a car worth Rs 20 lacs or more.

And just like Fortuner,Accord,Superb etc. only very rich people will buy Freelander at 20+ lakh Rs then how come Land Rover brand be diluted.

NO Tom, Dick and Harry can buy car worth 20 lacs or more.So even if LR price Freelander 2 at 20 lacs or so(hypothetical) the brand will continue to remain aspirational.

But whatever they do my best wishes.Lets end this topic now.[:)]

The Freelander face-lift looks very promising and interesting. The safety features in LR is amazing and in a way slight better than Audi. Hmm.my next dream car.

Raja please remember this we are a nation were around 40% people live under poverty line? So how can the brand of Land Rover get diluted when they will sell a car at 20 lacs.20 lacs my dear friend is not "ordinary sum of money" that everyone can manage.Only a multi-millionaire or a billionaire can purchase a car worth Rs 20 lacs or more.

And just like Fortuner,Accord,Superb etc. only very rich people will buy Freelander at 20+ lakh Rs then how come Land Rover brand be diluted.

NO Tom, Dick and Harry can buy car worth 20 lacs or more.So even if LR price Freelander 2 at 20 lacs or so(hypothetical) the brand will continue to remain aspirational.

But whatever they do my best wishes.Lets end this topic now.[:)]
Just we will end this topic with 1 question from me to you ok ?

Do you find any difference in brand power between Toyota , chevorlet and JLR ?
When VW considers passat more aspiritional then skoda superb and Audi a4 more then the 2 why ? That is what is called brand power .
How do you expect JLR to price the freelander along with Toyota , Honda and chevorlet and ford ? Skoda superb has much more features then merc c class yet the c class is expensive why ?
Beside this their is something called fine quality and finnese the parts and tech which is used in making this expensive vehicles .
Take it this way they want the freelander 2 to be sold only to coustomers interested in buying x3 and q5 only and expect it to sell only in that segment . Their margins are known to them very well rather then you and me.
And i thought you being a tata lover and they being a parent compmany you must have done all your study regarding what JLR is and how as a brand it is percived all around the world .So let's now rest the case in peace .

Last edited:

Accord V6 is priced at par with base model BMW X1.And Honda is nowhere near in brand power as BMW.Freelander 2 is a volumes derived product for Land Rover,for me and you it may be a niche but for LR this is their cash cow.

So yes even after the iconic LR brand TATA should price the base variant of Freelander 2 at 20 lacs,this is my wishful thinking.But of course neither you nor anyone else is forced to agree with me on this subject.

THE Xover bids adieu on this topic.[:)]

Accord V6 is priced at par with base model BMW X1.And Honda is nowhere near in brand power as BMW.Freelander 2 is a volumes derived product for Land Rover,for me and you it may be a niche but for LR this is their cash cow.

So yes even after the iconic LR brand TATA should price the base variant of Freelander 2 at 20 lacs,this is my wishful thinking.But of course neither you nor anyone else is forced to agree with me on this subject.

Wow this is quite strange first you make some statements on public forum and then are not ready to discuss saying it that it's your wishfull thinking . So why don't you specially write in your post " wish full thinking " so we know not to reply or discuss with you .
Btw JLR are working on a mini suv which will take on audi q3 and BMW x1 in your view it must be 12 lakhs right ?[;)]

Sorry mods this very off topic but had to answer this .
Accord v6 which is priced at par with BMW x1 is fully loaded machine with almost all features one needs right ? And BMW can price the bare basic x 1 in that range you know why ? The reason is brand power . The x1 will still be more aspiritional inspite of less features and gizmos.
Luxury brands cash cow cars as you say have differnt targets regarding sales . And please for heaven sake compare the JLR brand with its compteting brands around the world and still if you want to compare it with Toyota compare it with Lexus brand of Toyota and then see .

Last edited:

After two years, the Land Rover Freelander 2 receives another facelift along with addition of a new engine in the portfolio. The changes include a little alteration on the exterior of the car but some huge changes at the inside of the car.

Let us come direct to the point and discuss about the changes.

Changes on the Exterior:

New more contemporary-looking headlights with LED Day Time Running Lamps
Refreshed front grille and fog lights
New Alloy Wheel Design
Addition of three new colour schemes:*‘Aintree Green’,*‘Havana’,*‘Mauritius Blue’
Optional Body Styling Package

Changes in the Interior:

Redesigned Centre Console that provides more space on the lower part of the console
Control panel with 7-Inch colour Touch screen
Navigation system on the 7-Inch colour LCD Screen
Premium Meridian audio system with a choice of 380 Watt or 825 Watt output
Terrain Response Dial replaced by Buttons
New electric parking brake
New instrument cluster with 5-inch LCD Screen (placed between the dials) that displays primary vehicle information
Passive Start system that replaces Key Docking System
Rear view camera
‘Say What You See’ voice activation system that allows*allows the user to control functions in the audio, optional satellite navigation, climate and phone systems via voice.

UK Specific Features:

A new flagship variant named HSE LUX which sports the following features:
Windsor leather seats
Grand Black Lacquer finisher
Premium carpet mats
19-Inch Diamond Turned Wheels
USA Specific Features:

Land Rover has replaced the 2012 Model Year’s 3.2-Litre 6-Cylinder Petrol engine with the new 2.0-Litre Turbocharged 4-Cylinder Engine, found in the Range Rover Evoque and is added to the Jaguar XF line-up recently. This new Turbocharged engine delivers*240hp of power at 5500 RPM and 250 ft-lbs of torque at 3,200 RPM, which is an increment of 10 hp and 16 lb-ft respectively over the outgoing 3.2- Litre Naturally Aspirated Inline Six.

This new avatar of the Freelander 2 will shed its cover at the Moscow International Motor Show on 29th August, 2012; and will go on sale this spring. The Freelander 2*is priced from*$37,250 (~ Rs. 20,61,340) to $39,750 (~ RS. 21,99,685) and $42,350 (~ Rs. 23,43,564) for the HSE LUX.

By,

Arghya Pan

Team MotorBash

News Source:*carscoop.blogspot.com/ motorbash

This new avatar of the Freelander 2 will shed its cover at the Moscow International Motor Show on 29th August, 2012; and will go on sale this spring. The Freelander 2*is priced from*$37,250 (~ Rs. 20,61,340) to $39,750 (~ RS. 21,99,685) and $42,350 (~ Rs. 23,43,564) for the H
Base model priced at Rs 20.61 lacs and top end at around Rs 23.43 lacs.[frustration][frustration]

Why? Why? This only happens to us Indians.A car selling at around 20 lacs in USA/other nations sells at 40 lacs in India.

C'mon TATA be sensible and do something about it.

Disclaimer: The words are only a monologue thus any response shall not be entertained by me.

You're Welcome

Top Bottom