Land Cruiser Inspired 2012 Toyota Fortuner

350Z

Core Team
Toyota has now officially revealed the New Fortuner on their Thai website. The pricing starts from Rs.15.65 Lakhs for base variant. I hope Archit can help us to understand rest of the feature details which are mentioned in their language.

new-fortuner.png

new-fortuner-2.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

i will be happy be to help. but the link marun has given is in english only! :P also i noticed today that the Hilux Vigo pickup had a similar face though i dint see the fortuner. Maybe new one is coming soon to showrooms.

As a Fortuner owner, the changes what I have noticed from the above pics are:

EXTERIORS
  • New headlamps with power washers
  • New grill
  • New front and rear bumpers
  • New bonnet scoop
  • New clear tail lamps
  • New ORVMS
  • New 17" alloy wheels
  • The rear spoiler and ski racks are the same

INTERIORS
  • The dashboard is the same only the colour scheme is changed
  • New steering wheel with addition of bluetooth calling steering buttons (its a direct lift from Corolla Altis)
  • Cruse control ( Previous international Fortuners did have this feature)
  • New instrument cluster
  • New electric seats
  • New ICE with navigation ( I guess this will also be the same unit which is there in newly launched Altis)
  • As per the specs its the same old 4 AT [frustration]

Engine specs remain the same with the same power output, hope they provide better sound insulation to the newer version.

Its just a cosmetic change, I wish they could have done some cosmetic changes even to the side profile also and most importantly they could have changed the design of the dashboard[frustration]

My above observation is based on the Toyota Thai website, I am not sure how many of the above features do come into the Indian model also the question of AT Fortuner is still unanswered, I assume that this model will be launched soon as Fortuner in India is still CKD from Thailand and most importantly "THE PRICE" I don't know how much TKM will charge for the facelifted model.

FYI: Fortuner in Bangalore as of now costs Rs.25,60,000/- (on road)

Thanks for pointing out the differences ram_4849. The existing model looks better to me. Wonder, if the re-sale value of the existing T-Fort, would go down, if they launch the newer version?

Thanks for pointing out the differences Ram! Even i like the current Fortuner more though the instrument console looks good in the new one. Let's wait and watch whether all these new features make it to India as well.

Top Bottom