Land Cruiser Inspired 2012 Toyota Fortuner

My friend bought a Fortuner in 2010 Jan for 21L OTR in Chennai. Now the Price is almost close to 25L OTR, without any major changes in design or features. I hope this is not only because of the taxes.

BTW, in the facelift version, I liked the front facia. It looks more aggressive than the current one.

The new Toyota Fortuner will be launched in India Q1 2012. The new additions which I know as of now is this:-

• Xenon Headlights,
  • Projector Headlamps,
  • New Interiors.

It is good to see that the interiors no longer look like Innova. But more or less, the exterior is a cosmetic change besides the headlights & the grill.

The engine remains the same & in India, Toyota will continue with current 3.0 L engine & won't bring the smaller capacity one here [confused].

The good part though, it will be available in 4x2 variant too, so expect good pricing for this one. I am expecting this version to be priced between 16-17 L.

Check the pics of New Fortuner till then.
Happy Motoring.

*PS:- I didn't see this thread before (name started from Land Cruiser, rather than Fortuner. ) The images are on this thread:-

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...s/4996-toyota-fortuner-2012-a.html#post104214

Sorry mods for duplicate thread, couldn't find this one. Request to delete the above thread.:sorry:

Face-lifted Fortuner (with 2WD and auto) coming in Jan 2012 but will cost a lot more. Toyota says rising Yen is pushing up prices - Hormazd Sorabjee

Toyota Fortuner CKD production to begin in Kazakhstan next year

The Toyota Fortuner is the smallest and most affordable Toyota SUV you can buy in India. Being tailor made for the Asian markets mainly, the Fortuner is based on the Toyota Hilux.

In a few international markets, the Fortuner is also called as the SW4.

In India, the Fortuner is built from CKD (Completely Knocked Down) kits at the Bidadi facility in Karnataka of Toyota Kirloskar Motor. In fact at many places where the Fortuner is sold, it is either assembled from kits or it is imported completely as as CBU.

However, come 2014 and another country would join India in the CKD roster. News comes in this week from Kazakhstan that CKD production of the Toyota Fortuner will begin there in the foreseeable future.

The production comes after a memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed between Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) and the government of the Republic of Kazakhstan

Production of the vehicle will begin by mid 2014 at a facility of Saryarka AvtoProm LLP (SAP) in Kostanay, Kazakhstan. Initially it is planned that 3,000 Fortuners would be made each year.

Toyota Motor Kazakhstan President Shingo Kato said: “Once this made-in-Kazakhstan true off-roader begins coming off the line here, we will be able to offer an extended model line-up, including ten imported Toyota models such as the Camry and the Land Cruiser, as well as seven Lexus models.”

Toyota Fortuner CKD production to begin in Kazakhstan

Attachments

Top Bottom