Keyless Start-Stop: A Boon in Road Rage?

Re: Keyless start-stop, a boon in road rage?

It's situations like these that a pepper spray comes handy ! You can always claim self defense. That would also teach him a lesson to never bully anyone. Usually i drive alone over desolate areas ( inside the city but late at night) and I find it's better to run than acknowledge any bully.
I had an incident long time back when i was returning from a marriage party. There was this SUMO who kept on tailgating me and honking me to glory. He even had the guts to stop me at an intersection and ask me to pull my glass down. I Just cracked it and told him "I can hear you what is the problem ?" But he was obsessed with me completely downing my window glass. Luckily, I had my mother beside me on the passenger seat and she told me not to talk. Just go. I finally stopped at a police checkpost and reported the incident. Don't know what happened after that, but the police did tell me then, that if that car comes along we'll sure stop him and ask what's the problem. Never heard from either the sumo or the police again. Still don't know what was the matter. The guy seemed very aggressive and a foul mouthed . Don't know what I did to him. Maybe he saw my mom beside me and thought a soft target.

Moral of the story : Swallow your impulse to respond. There's enough madmen on the road as it is.

@ Ayon
Yes it sounds like the guy wanted to rob you.
Here in Bangalore my friend had an incident near Uravashi theater some years back, he had heard about some one picking fights with cars at signal claiming he had rammed the guy,then they would snatch the phone & run. Now you have to leave your car & chase or let them flee.

So a day or two later at same traffic signal he was talking on phone,when he noticed a youth taking position in front of car as he had noticed his phone. As signal moved youth purposely clipped front of car as if being rammed & started yelling & another two youths joined in to block the car in seconds.My friend apparently revved & wheel spinned the tires, they freaked & jumped out of the way.He then went on his way while making sure all doors & windows were secure.

Moral of the story: Dont get out,it mite be a robbery.

In Faridabad, on a small stretch some years back, my Dad's office friend was robbed by the people living on roadside. Those who frequently used the stretch knew about this but that person was driving there for the first time. Some locals threw a crate of eggs (24 eggs I think) on the windshield and that guy panicked and started using the wipers. And lo, the eggs formed a sticky layer and blurred his vision (by forming a greasy solution on the windshield). The car hit the divider, and ultimately the person had to come out and the locals chased him and took all the valuables by showing a weapon (knife).

For years I never kept any 'tool' inside my car. Now I have a small rugged camping knife, and a heavy foldable baton that extends out in one swoop. It can easily knock out anyone with a single proper hit on the head or neck, also enough to break the knees or any vulnerable joints/bones. Plus there's a passive safety company-issued press sticker. Hit me and you might become news.

But all these 'tools' of course I might never have to use. Sometimes I even forget they are there. And during situations that one can describe as hovering on the borderline of road rage my first instinct is to remain calm and move on. That has always been the case.

These tools will only be used when I sense mortal danger. If you were on a highway alone at night and you ran into some folks who made their intention clear of harming you, brother, take out those tools and use them like there's no tomorrow. It's either you or them.

The guy in swift is a bad driver, i mean one unfit even to drive rashly, he was trying to overtake you but failed and assumed you were blocking him ,when you let him pass he was so pissed already and had a closer look a you, then when you 'really' blocked him he got fed up and started to hit your car.

These guys are either drunk or would be the local area guy with a few moron friends. Even in decent localities there are people like him who think they own the neighbourhood, having bat or hockey sticks makes them think they are gundas.
Try to avoid the same road at same time for atleast a week, if it is in a residential area.These guys may start to look out for you.
Keyless has helped you, but keeping a pepper spray seems a good idea.

Thread Starter #21
Ice Wise lol at that egg incident!! That's funny as hell! I just can't imagine an egghead driving with egg yolk on his windshield!
Roadrunner, thanks, i shall keep a tool or two in the car, but trust me i personally haaaate ugly fights!
Chevrolet sir, that guy was mentally disturbed for sure. He wasnt drunk nor was he with a bunch of half brained goons. For me, that cricket bat suggests that he would have been returning from a cricket match and a very bad haggle over a loss or something like that. Incessant honking, outrageous screaming, and violence suggests the same. Oh, and he was like in his late 20s or something, yep, they still do play cricket![lol]

Last edited:
Let me mention a small incident when the discussion has started moving towards 'tools'.

There is an MLC in Meerut (Can't disclose the name) who was being driven from New Delhi to Meerut in his Safari which was brand new and had no party symbols, beacon or hooter; absolutely nothing. A clean car without tints and with 3 people inside.

It's between a place called Modi Nagar and Meerut where there is abjungle area that their car bruised with an Esteem which happened to be a group of local guys who in their thoughts that they are local just came out. They dragged the driver of the Safari out and slapped him using abusinve language and what not. This was going on when one of the guys from the Esteem brought a cricket bat and before he would have raised the bat to hit the driver (don't know if he was about to hit or was jus t dreading the driver) the owner of the Safari pulled out his licensed pistol and fired a bullet straight at the left knee of the guy who had the bat.

The same person who was trying to solve everything peacefully now had the keys of Esteem and a guy with a fractured knee. Case solved and road rage ended, came police and both the parties went to police station and went home after reaching a compromise in which no one had to pay anything to other party.

In other words; even if you have some 'tools' in the car, then also it is better to peacefully leave the place even with a red cheek. You never know what the other party is having when you start working with your tool. Who knows, the tool in your hand will result in a case of 'killing for self defense' leaving devastated families back home.

Thread Starter #23
Let me mention a small incident when the discussion has started moving towards 'tools'.

There is an MLC in Meerut (Can't disclose the name) who was being driven from New Delhi to Meerut in his Safari which was brand new and had no party symbols, beacon or hooter; absolutely nothing. A clean car without tints and with 3 people inside.

It's between a place called Modi Nagar and Meerut where there is abjungle area that their car bruised with an Esteem which happened to be a group of local guys who in their thoughts that they are local just came out. They dragged the driver of the Safari out and slapped him using abusinve language and what not. This was going on when one of the guys from the Esteem brought a cricket bat and before he would have raised the bat to hit the driver (don't know if he was about to hit or was jus t dreading the driver) the owner of the Safari pulled out his licensed pistol and fired a bullet straight at the left knee of the guy who had the bat.

The same person who was trying to solve everything peacefully now had the keys of Esteem and a guy with a fractured knee. Case solved and road rage ended, came police and both the parties went to police station and went home after reaching a compromise in which no one had to pay anything to other party.

In other words; even if you have some 'tools' in the car, then also it is better to peacefully leave the place even with a red cheek. You never know what the other party is having when you start working with your tool. Who knows, the tool in your hand will result in a case of 'killing for self defense' leaving devastated families back home.
Hey TSIVipul, i completely agree with what you've said. I think I'll ditch the tool idea and carry on peacefully. I regret thinking of having weapons! I do encourage peace!

Better, morons can try to encourage you for getting into an issue or two but it is always better to leave the place peacefully. Being a contractor, I have seen people fighting over small things and finally the ego clashes have reached up to public humiliation or even murders.

Mark my word, if road rage is to be taken into account then I have been nothing less than a ticking bomb always ready to go off. Better late than never, a couple of incidents have given me the lessons good enough to understand that even if you have to put your ego down, that also is a very less price for peace.

I have once myself ended up in a scene where we first of all mindlessly went ahead into everything and then we were regretting like hell. Just because the driver of a hatch spoke rudely against our rude remark, we just cracked open on him like hungry dogs. Just to find out a helpless family in the car which we had driven home afterwards and even got the guy treated at doctor. The impulse of a second kept us disturbed for around a week and I can tell you, the reaction from my family and their change of attitude when they discovered the devil inside our group was nothing less than killing.

I would conclude saying "life is long and we have many goals and responsibilities awaiting us, then why let the impulse of a moment get us out of track or result in a full stop? It is a hiccup and should be better taken like one."

I personally can't even imagine showing a knife, rod or baton to a goon on the road. Who knows what his next step will be or maybe a group awaiting me 10 kilometres ahead. At least until the situation is under control, I will try to net get indulged into anything. But yes, if I will indulge then I will simply kill the ******* and put an end to all the issue right there. Option one is definitely better, sort out the things and live peacefully because option two will take its toll from you for sure in future. I have got a weapon license and a piece of metal to complement the mini book. There have been times when I used to get it in hand even for minor arguments. No more the same now, have been to police station numerous of times because of idiotic acts on roads again and again.

Last edited:
Esteem brought a cricket bat and before he would have raised the bat to hit the driver (don't know if he was about to hit or was jus t dreading the driver) the owner of the Safari pulled out his licensed pistol and fired a bullet straight at the left knee of the guy who had the bat.

OT -Well this incident sounds a bit weird as the formalies after you open fire a weapon is very strict,even for a MLC i find it unusual cops let it off as there are alot of strict procedures including surrendering your weapon. With the gun laws in India your better off without one [lol] If the MlC had fired above the knee then he would be in jail [roll]

Guys all this points out to one thing, keep some pepper spray anyday.

Agree with you sirji, I am well aware of all the cons of opening fire in public from your licensed weapon (people keep on doing with illegal ones though, at least up here in UP) and hence it is said that "you need to protect your pistol more than it does to you".

Secondly: Until the incident is recorded in the GD (General Diary) of the local police station; no incident has happened. It's not for no reason that police tried that both the parties reach a compromise as soon as possible. This helps them two ways:
1) Lesser number of cases to solve.
2) Still some money made

This way a compromise done between the parties (not one in written for sure) saves from landing into soup. If police hasn't written a report of the incident then it casually means that no such incident has happened and hence police doesn't know if anything like this has happened.

Additionally you have mentioned the fact that shooting above the knee fells into more serious category, which hasn't been done. Ehh.. The people who owns weapons, have political connections and know the complexities easily slip away by hook or crook you know.

I point was to mention how far such situations may go and hence I advocate fleeing the scene or trying to get the things sorted out peacefully.

Looks like you haven't yet seen the entrance of court or police stations till date (I mean dealing with our well corrupted system). I wish you never need to.

Last edited:
@ TSI VIPUL, what you say is correct.
If a guy is powerful and has lots of money he should have a personal security either police or private guy with him. They will deal with these morons. But most cases it is these pwerful guys who do the gunda stuff. Power corrupts them.

@ TSI VIPUL, what you say is correct.
Experience sirji, I have been into all this and have closely seen the cases being compromised.
Here the situation is of just a road rage; c'mon man, even the cases such as rape, murder etc also get compromised many times (I can bet, more cases are compromised than the ones registered).

If a guy is powerful and has lots of money he should have a personal security either police or private guy with him. They will deal with these morons. But most cases it is these powerful guys who do the gunda stuff. Power corrupts them.
Sirji in their senses, no one; however powerful he/she is tries to kill others (exceptions are there though) but when you know that the person opposite to you can cause severe harm then one is left with no other choice. Being a contractor, I always have to maintain good relations with a couple of police officials, local police station and various other govt officials because there is always some or other formality that is to be taken care of in this work (Like say asking for power cuts, bringing heavy haulage in no entry area, transportation of long and wide cargo on two lane roads, asking local police/court for providing security at sensitive sites etc) and hence I am quite aware of the working of these systems. I have once seen an IT techie who was stern in filing a case against me over an issue (which I can't disclose). I calmly told him that he shouldn't visit the cops because he will have to answer a lot of questions before they even pick up the pen to write the FIR. Additionally I told him that if he hasn't seen the court even once, then better not try to see it. Still the guy rejecting my offer and issuing me a warning of "getting me seen in court" went off.

Two days later I get a call from the same person sounding a bit low and asking me what the compromise can be reached [lol]

Moral of the story: Road rage and cases are way easier said to be solved than done. Ask anyone who has to pay to advocates on every hearing and one will understand how peaceful it is to live away from these power show offs and jhol jugaads. It's no use showing education (or lack of it)to idiots and similarly it's no use proving yourself well behaved and educated in police stations. Just getting out peacefully or making out of court settlements is the easiest thing one can do in minor cases.

Everyone mark my word: Being over smart or pro active in such situations is never going to pay well in right terms. Be it on the road or police station or in the court room, peace won't be attained at all. And yes, I hope you all know what happens with seized vehicles in the police stations after a vehicle is involved in a case and the case is recorded in GD.

OT: Looks like I have started maing a lot of typos, time to work on it. T.A.I. mobile just adds a bit more to typos BTW.

Last edited:
Going to police/ other govt officials for help without influence, Using court and advocate for a petty / unworthy case is like the story of ''two cats and the monkey''.

Thread Starter #30
Going to police/ other govt officials for help without influence, Using court and advocate for a petty / unworthy case is like the story of ''two cats and the monkey''.
Haha! So true sir. It actually is the best to stay away from any fellow encourageing road rage or any kind of unnecessary aggression. But in situations like mine its actually difficult!

Top Bottom