Keep 2011 Skoda Laura (Manual) or 2015 Ford Figo (2nd Gen TDCI)?

Thread Starter #1
So last year as our 2008 dezire was about to complete its 15 year tenure was sold and due to lack of decent options at that time due to non availability of many BS 6 models, my father got a second hand 2011 90k kms run skoda Laura for time being. The car is in very good mechanical condition with no major work needed and we have found a very good garage which is used for servicing and all. Its a diesel model but i dont have exact information which engine it is.

Now he is looking to buy a new car due to which Laura becomes free. I myself own a 2015 Dec model Ford Figo (2nd Gen TDCI). The car has run 60k kms till date and is in excellent condition. There is no comparison between both cars as both are from completely different segments. But now i have an option to keep either one of them and sell the other.

Seeing the new rules and fees for re registration of cars after 15 years, does it makes sense to keep Laura? Also I understand that in future if any major work is needed on laura, bills will be quite steep in comparison to Figo. but on the other hand, Figo dont holds a candle to Laura when it comes to build quality and space. Which one of the both do you think i should keep?

PS: Mods, please shift the thread if i have posted it in wrong place.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I would sell the Laura if I were in your place.
Since Laura itself is 10+ years old and if you are ready to buy a new car within 4 years then you may keep it.
You didn't tell about his daily running ? If it's low you can keep it , if it's high sell it.

You yourself mentioned plus points in keeping the figo , I would suggest you keep the figo.

deville_56

Honoured Member
I would sell the Laura if I were in your place.
Since Laura itself is 10+ years old and if you are ready to buy a new car within 4 years then you may keep it.
You didn't tell about his daily running ? If it's low you can keep it , if it's high sell it.

You yourself mentioned plus points in keeping the figo , I would suggest you keep the figo.
Same thoughts.

1. Figo, newer and younger car. More usable life in case of a stricter 15-year norm. You'll get 9 years for the new car to become the second car. Keeping the Laura cuts that down to 4-5 years.
2. Figo lighter on pocket than Laura.
3. Since a new car is coming, Figo can be a beater/city car.

(If priority is more comfort, Figo can be traded off).

Top Bottom