Kawasaki Ninja Reaches Pune Probiking

Price has put many potential buyers think twice now, visited pro biking showroom today, no bike on display yet, was informed that one will appear after diwali, also no TR will be offered, no info at hand too[sleep]. Wait & watch the price come down in a few months, that is guaranteed, else it won't sell in decent numbers at all.
As for price, official reason given is Between 1 & 10 lacs, no sportsbike is offered in indian market, hence they are doing indians a favour by launching @ this price & is VFM according to Bajaj.[shock]

Arun

Suspended
Price has put many potential buyers think twice now, visited pro biking showroom today, no bike on display yet, was informed that one will appear after diwali, also no TR will be offered, no info at hand too[sleep]. Wait & watch the price come down in a few months, that is guaranteed, else it won't sell in decent numbers at all.
As for price, official reason given is Between 1 & 10 lacs, no sportsbike is offered in indian market, hence they are doing indians a favour by launching @ this price & is VFM according to Bajaj.[shock]
Very true. Value for money? People would rather buy an R-15 and tune it.
( I know the R-15 is a 150cc bike). People in India are money minded and not C.C minded sadly!
More the price more the specs according to Indians.

The price is on the higher side & will soon be dropped or removed silenty if not placed under 2Lakhs OTR.

R15 gives a very decent competetion to Ninja & most wont spend 1.5 Lakhs extra for a bike.

This bike is not meant for the mass, hope it sells in decent numbers :)

The speedo does look pathetic Neil!!A digital speedo would have done wonders!!
Great to know about the FI though!!
The price is a bit disappointing though!
Ya man. Even i was disappointed with the speedo.But the rest of the bike overcomes the old fashioned speedo.

The news is that Kawasaki wont be reducing the price. Not that soon at least.

"The main reason why this bike was over priced..was to keep NINJA a class BRAND. !!"

Source - The probiking showroom owner again.[lol]

Last edited:
It is surely over priced. But if we really like the bike, we can convince ourself by telling that we have no options available. Like said by denom, there is no option between 1 and 10 lacs.

Speedometer looks pathetic!
hell..one can even make analogue meters look classy. look at fiat linea's for example!!

Also would have been a good buy if it were 2Lacs, Now the bike would be approx 3Lacs on the road!!

AMG

Suspended
Buying a 250 cc bike for 3 lakhs is useless, unless its a Ducati(every Ducati is overpriced)
are you sure that the top speed is only 152, it has 36 BHP, i expected better.

Buying Ninja for 3 lac is useless.
It's top speed just 152 only.
Useless ? [shock] How can you say that ?

And the top speed is 170 km/h

Buying a 250 cc bike for 3 lakhs is useless, unless its a Ducati(every Ducati is overpriced)
are you sure that the top speed is only 152, it has 36 BHP, i expected better.
Again i don't agree with the "Useless bike for 3 lakh" comment.[anger]
You comparing it to ducati in what sense ?

The top speed is 170km/h & it is around 33 bhp.

You expected better ? What more can you expect from a 250cc twin cylinder bike man ?

yeah, sure it's top speed is 152.
0-100 is 7.83 sec.
Ninja's BHP is 33 not 36.
The top speed is 170 km/h

The 0 - 100 is in 5.75 secs

Finally a 'Lime Green' Ninja has arrived at the Pro Biking Store nearest to me, checked it out in the flesh & observed the following:-

1) Ninja is a head turner all right, especially in 'Lime Green' colour, it demands a lot of attention.
2) Fit & Finish is good but plastic fasteners & clips used to secure the fairing parts are cheap & a very sore sight.
3) Finish of Wheels again is poor & similar to those of the Pulsar.
4) Speedometer console not that bad finish wise & quality not bad either.
5) Wing Mirrors are of good quality / well finished & can be adjusted to ones requirements beautifully.
5) Front No. plate position over wind screen is rotten & mars the looks of the bike, same for sari guard, both of which should be junked immediately on delivery!
6) Seat is comfy & height is quite low - more to the liking of a short rider,
pillion seat can be junked in favour of a fibre cowl, which is sold seperately as an accessory for 4500/-[shock]
7) Tyres are Tubeless & appear to be quite grippy, how they hold up to our roads is to be experienced though. Exhaust Can quite huge & quality oriented, wonder how she sounds as no TD offered at all[cry]
8) Key quality was quite cheap & mighty disappointing, coupled with the fact that an immobilizer is also absent, making one have sleepless nights if the bike is parked in an unknown place/area.
9) Owner's manual appears to have been printed on recycled paper & prepared by a first timer, what with the cutting of pages/finish being extremely poor & rough.
10 ) Standard warranty cover is for 2 yrs or 30,000 kms whichever is earlier, but covers very limited components of the bike.
11) OTR price of 2,92,561/- ex Navi Mumbai is what kills ones passion for this bike as personally don’t feel its worth spending nearly 3 lacs for it.

Finally a 'Lime Green' Ninja has arrived at the Pro Biking Store nearest to me, checked it out in the flesh & observed the following:-

1) Ninja is a head turner all right, especially in 'Lime Green' colour, it demands a lot of attention.
2) Fit & Finish is good but plastic fasteners & clips used to secure the fairing parts are cheap & a very sore sight.............................
All the above points are "YOUR PERSONAL VIEWS".
I completely disagree with all the above points excluding one or two.
Looks like you are a newbie in the world of biking.

"The legendary Ninja 250 is a entry-level sportbike,it has proven to be a top seller,continuously experiencing double-digit sales growth.It is a popular machine with novices and experienced riders alike, renowned for its light handling, good fuel economy, and comfortable riding posture."(Source - Wiki)

1)You comparing the tyres of ninja with pulsar[shock] Kawasaki is miles ahead of Bajaj in every aspect.We just cant compare the two.Not in fit n finish not in technology not it anything

2)The saree guard & the Front no plates are because of the Indian Rules.Obviously they go in a bin later on.

3)You said the Plastic fasteners & clips used to secure the fairing parts are cheap & a very sore sight.Ok. May be but depends to what you are comparing them to.Tell me any current Indian bike with better plastic fasteners & clips.

4) You actually went & checked key's finishing ?[shock]Why would one look at the keys ? The owner will be more interested in riding it where as others will be interested in seeing the bike zip zap zoom. What are the keys doing here ?

The pleasure of riding,owning a ninja completely overcomes all the small issues.At the end nothing is perfect.We keep on demanding more.

No offense.[:)]

If you consider someone riding bikes for 10 odd yrs as a newbie, your funeral....
Pls read properly what i've written before you shoot your mouth off PLEASE!

"3) Finish of Wheels again is poor & similar to those of the Pulsar." Now where do tyres appear in this????? Read properly my friend, before tearing some ones opinions to shreds....
You seem to be dissing Bajaj without realising that Bajaj themselves are introducing the Ninja in the market so again PLEASE show some respect to a local manufacturer.

As for what i've written, i wrote them as they being my observations, nothing more nothing less, am not enforcing them on you, CLEAR???

As for wanting more, well if i'm putting down this sort of money, its but obvious i will be very very particular about certain things, as money for me is not growing on trees, hope you understand that, no offence but would like to make this CRYSTAL CLEAR my friend.

If you consider someone riding bikes for 10 odd yrs as a newbie, your funeral....
Pls read properly what i've written before you shoot your mouth off PLEASE!

"3) Finish of Wheels again is poor & similar to those of the Pulsar." Now where do tyres appear in this????? Read properly my friend, before tearing some ones opinions to shreds....
You seem to be dissing Bajaj without realising that Bajaj themselves are introducing the Ninja in the market so again PLEASE show some respect to a local manufacturer.

As for what i've written, i wrote them as they being my observations, nothing more nothing less, am not enforcing them on you, CLEAR???

As for wanting more, well if i'm putting down this sort of money, its but obvious i will be very very particular about certain things, as money for me is not growing on trees, hope you understand that, no offence but would like to make this CRYSTAL CLEAR my friend.
First of all i dint knew you had a 10 yrs of riding experience.But your views/points made me think of you being a "NEWBIE" in the biking world.I have read many Ninja 250 reviews written by Riders having 20 + years of riding experience on normal street & sportbikes.Even they never criticized the bike the way you did.

About the tyre part my bad,called it a tyre.But what ever i wrote regarding the tyre thing implies to the wheels too (was actually written keeping the wheel in mind).

Anyways those were your views,which said the wheels finishing of a bike named NInja 250 (internationally known bike & manufacturer) is poor & similar to a bike named "PULSAR" (Indian Bike manufacturer)

About respecting the local manufacturer
- I never disrespected any local manufacturer.I know Bajaj themselves have introduced the Ninja in the market,so ? why do i have to show respect ?

The Image of bajaj in my head is "they will open up the ninja's engine,copy things & come up with a Bajaj 250 [lol]

About the money not growing on trees for you
- Its the same for everyone buddy [:D]

Top Bottom