Karizma PGM-FI

350Z

Core Team
Hero Honda has officially launched the Karizma at launch event at Gurgoan.

The new Karizma ZMR FI comes with the same 223 cc engine but now augmented with fuel injection which increases the power marginally at 17.6 bhp @ 7000 rpm with a maximum torque of 18.35 nm. Hero Honda also claims a top speed of 135 kmph.

* Full Fairing
* Split Clip On Handle Bars
* Split rear grab rails
* New Colors
* PGM-FI (Programmable Fuel Injection)
* Mirrors mounted on the fairing
* New rear mud guard
* New headlamp and tail lamp which are now LED
* Fairing mounted front indicators
* New Graphics (Traditionally Hero Honda)
* Slightly reprofiled body work
* Gas Charged Rear Shock Absorbers

Source: CubicCapactiy

Power output is disappointing. Hope HH at least compensate this with class leading mileage. This is the only bike i'd got if not for FZ. My first impression on looks are, GS150 inspired head lamps and Gladiator tail lamps. The all-digital console is cool. Price is on the higher side.

I've added a few pics of better resolution and quality, similar to the pics posted before by Neil.

Attachments

Thread Starter #19
Power output is disappointing. Hope HH at least compensate this with class leading mileage. This is the only bike i'd got if not for FZ. My first impression on looks are, GS150 inspired head lamps and Gladiator tail lamps. The all-digital console is cool. Price is on the higher side.

I've added a few pics of better resolution and quality, similar to the pics posted before by Neil.
Same here. Spec's seriously disappointed me.[frustration]

I meant is there any official links mentioning specification?
the bike is not officially out. it was unveiled only to HH dealers. the specs sheet was handed out to them. my friend who got that told it to me.
according to it
17.6bhp @7000rpm,
18.5nm torque,
Pgm-fi,
top speed :135kmph etc.
will post the complete specs when i get it. [thumbswink]

Thread Starter #21
Now Guys here is another RUMOR or TRUTH don't know

The specs we are talking about 17.6,etc are said to be FAKE / WRONG.

Something's cooking, The bike is said ti have more power.

Source - XBHP

Thread Starter #24
Here Comes The Very First Review

From the day I heard of the new Karizma's imminent launch, I was barely able to conceal my eagerness to ride it. And since I heard of it only day before the launch, I didn't have to wait for long. You see, waiting only serves to build up expectations that are entirely the outcome of cubicle speculation, something that happens all too much in the office since we're busy looking for things to discuss in order to procrastinate our work. And it's become something of a habit, since I seem to be doing it here too! Alright, without any further delay, let's get on with the Karizma ZMR.

Yup, that's what the new 'Zma is called. And it doesn't look anything like the older one. The most obvious addition is the full fairing. Physically, the ZMR looks like a full-size motorcycle and loads of presence, especially in the red and white colour options. The big restyled headlamp helps the bike look big too, while the tail lamp is now an LED unit and it sits in a rear section that looks similar to the CBZ Extreme's. The all-new digital instrument cluster looks super cool and the read-out even issues a greeting (which I cannot recollect now) every time you switch on the bike. It also indicates real-time fuel consumption in addition to the speedometer, trip meter, fuel indicator, clock and rev counter.
The handlebars are now tall clip-ons, though the switches remain the same. The front tyre is now a 90/100 MRF Zapper Y, while the rear remains a 100/90 unit, both tyres being of the tubeless variety. However, the ZMR sees the introduction of a 240 mm rear disc, something that seems to be becoming a norm for performance bikes, while the front brake is the same 276 mm Nissin. Also, the rear now gets gas-charged GRS shocks, with springs so red they would do Ferraris proud. And of course, the most significant changes on the engine front are the PGM-FI and the oil-cooler. Sorry, no increase in displacement.

On the terrible roads that we rode on, the ZMR's ride quality was noticeable better than the older 'Zma, due to the GRS shocks, no doubt. And even though I was standing on the pegs and keeping it straight through the craters without bothering to choose a smoother line, it didn't faze the ZMR at all; the front shocks didn't bottom out, neither did the rear hop around all over the place.

The comfortable riding position and the excellent ride quality deserve a long-distance ride to be given a good workout. Road holding seems to be a notch above the older 'Zma, though I would like to ride the ZMR on faster roads to get an accurate idea of the handling bit.

The motor is the same 223cc mill producing 17.6 bhp@ 7000 rpm and 1.87 kgm@ 6000 rpm, about 0.9 bhp more and the same torque as before. Fuel injection means that throttle response is vastly improved too and once I gave it the stick, the ZMR showed 115 kph on the speedo pretty quickly, with much more to come. Though we are still to test it, the ZMR feels slightly quicker than before, perhaps because of the improved throttle response. Pricing details have yet to be announced, but we expect the additions like PGM-FI, oil cooler, rear disc and so on to take the price closer to the R15. For a motorcycle that essentially feels the same, it might be a bit too much, I think. Looks like we have no option but to wait for this one.

Source - bsmotoring.com

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
The digital speedo is mind blowing.
So the technical spec is confirmed?? [cry]
100 % confirmed.

Here are some tech goodies

1. 16BIT ECU processor for the FI.
2. Oil Cooler.
3. 12Hole FI.
4. Engine Oil Temp Sensor.
5. Intake Air Temp Sensor.