Kaas Plateau (Valley of Flowers) Trip

My friend went there at last weekend he was not disappointed.
Returned back from my Satara Trip last night ...Went to Kaas yesterday early morning...Kaas was mesmerizing despite not being in full bloom (as per locals full bloom was 2 week back)...But still spent close to 2 hours...Also explored Sajjangarh, Thoseghar & Chalkewadi...Will be posting pics soon [:)]
Surfer / Ashish0712: Would it be a good idea to visit there this or weekends? Just curious to visit there after seeing the pics, but since the mansoons are almost over, don't want to be disappointed.[confused]

Thread Starter #32
Looks like it was covered with mist/fog?
Yes it was.Thanks

Would it be a good idea to visit there this or weekends?
I think you will be disappointed as the flowers last for max 1 month.
May be you can try this weekend and hope for good.

Surfer / Ashish0712: Would it be a good idea to visit there this or weekends? Just curious to visit there after seeing the pics, but since the mansoons are almost over, don't want to be disappointed.[confused]
I would recommend that you do make a trip this weekend if possible.Actually you shouldn't think twice bcoz from Pune it is a 2hr drive only.You can also explore Sajjangarh, Thoseghar & Chalkewadi.But make it a point to reach Kaas Valley early in the morning as weather can be quite sultry in the day time

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone
I am planning to visit Kaas this weekend 23rd.I was really excited for this trip from past many months.
I will visit with my family.
Can anyone suggest me how to reach there from thane to satara...via road
Also I fear that I may miss flower bloom in the valley.from some of posts i read.[sad]
Also which all places are nearby I can visit.

The topic maker the pictures you clicked are really beautiful.thanks for sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone
I am planning to visit Kaas this weekend 23rd.I was really excited for this trip from past many months.
I will visit with my family.
Can anyone suggest me how to reach there from thane to satara...via road
Also I fear that I may miss flower bloom in the valley.from some of posts i read.[sad]
Also which all places are nearby I can visit.

The topic maker the pictures you clicked are really beautiful.thanks for sharing
Bets way is to take Mumbai-Pune expressway and then continue onto NH4. You can also visit Mahabaleshwar/PanchGani if time permits. Both are just 40 KMs away from each other.

Received some amazing pics of Kaas platue on WA, hence decided to visit Kaas. IMG-20151002-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20151002-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20151002-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20151002-WA0008.jpg

But got to see nothing, due to delayed rain Kaas platue flowers have not bloomed properly. Locals said that they might bloom during Navratri festival. rps20151006_091225.jpg rps20151006_091146.jpg rps20151006_090953.jpg

Top Bottom