Just 4W OR 4W+2W

Can you manage just with car?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
In India, two wheeler is indispensable. In case you own car, do you manage just with car or do you have bike/scooter/cycle to run few errands?

Please vote.

I feel there must be car+ bike. esp in chennai and pondicherry.

Pondicherry has worst traffic.
Rto resource say 9000 vehicles are booked in a span of 100 days.

So do the sticker and number plate shop.

Google and see pondicherry space , leave the distant village areas , the main city

If i use car for my daily work ,
for instant a car has come for touch up work at 10 am in morning ,

removing the tank cover a 10 min .
if i take the car , i hope it will take about 1 hr to reach the paint shop. Withing that the paint shop will be full of people and i need to wait in huge ques.By the time i return to workshop it will be noon time i hope.

If its a bike , the whole process will be just a 30 min. where in i use the smallest possible gaps and streets.

Of course i need a two-wheeler! I cannot take my car each time to the cricket ground , grocery shop for buying few things , saloon , congested places etc etc!

So yes i definitely need a two-wheeler along with my car!

350Z

Core Team
The real answer to this question may vary, because the necessity for transportation is one proper vehicle only and rest whatever adds is more or less a luxury. For walk-able distances, using a car or any vehicle for that matter is best avoided, so quite certainly my vote goes to the first option, be it only car or only bike (Depending upon the situation).

Drive Safe,
350Z

ya..we should avoid wasting petrol by using cars/scooters for small areas but i feel 2 wheeler should also be there. not scooters/bikes but bicycles will also suffice.. [glasses]

AMG

Suspended
No need for cars.

Bikes are enough.

So add another option

Bike only.

Thread Starter #9
This poll for those who own already a car. Poll question is even after owning car do they still need a 2W for running errands (2W for reasons other than sentiments/emotions).
I agree, you can live without a car & also without a bike.
No need for cars.

Bikes are enough.

So add another option

Bike only.
My question in broader context was Nano was launched to that 2W owners move on to 4W. But if people feel they need to have 2W along with 4W for their daily needs, will 2W owners still opt to buy & maintain Nano, along with existing 2W?

Thread Starter #10
I am not looking for real answer. All I want to know is, in case if you own a car, do you also a own and use a 2W?
The real answer to this question may vary,
I would like to know if there that one proper vehicle, if there is any at all.
because the necessity for transportation is one proper vehicle only and rest whatever adds is more or less a luxury.
Many car owners still need a two wheeler for their needs ! How many markets have car parking area? I guess most have 2 wheeler parking space. BTW, the length of 'walk able distance' isn't general.
For walk-able distances, using a car or any vehicle for that matter is best avoided, so quite certainly my vote goes to the first option, be it only car or only bike (Depending upon the situation).
Thanks !
Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
I am not looking for real answer. All I want to know is, in case if you own a car, do you also a own and use a 2W?
Nope.

I would like to know if there that one proper vehicle, if there is any at all.
Sure there is, which could either be only car or only bike but depending upon person’s situation, or in other words, it depends whether the buyer in question is an individual, family person, if they require it for long distance travels and many such factors, as stated subsequently.

Many car owners still need a two wheeler for their needs ! How many markets have car parking area? I guess most have 2 wheeler parking space. BTW, the length of 'walk able distance' isn't general.
This can not be commented from other’s viewpoint, but as an individual for me, frankly speaking I’ve never felt a need for a two wheeler, that too in a city like Delhi.

Drive Safe,
350Z

And i would like to add even though a car is suitable for me in a big city like Chennai(not much parking issues) , i still prefer bike if i am travelling alone or only with two.

Yesterday i needed to drop my friend at a place. I took my bike dropped him and came back in 30 mins. If i had taken my car it would have taken atleast 90 mins cause of the traffic!

Thread Starter #14
Nano did a grand total of 506 in Nov 2010 sales. This figure with TATA running exchange scheme for bikes/scooters. Looks like not many want to part with their 2W.

Top Bottom