Journey from Korea (Fluidic Verna) To Germany (Vento)

^^Skoda would have made you wait too and also Rapid would have made you feel a bit too robbed of as it hasn't got the steering mounted controls too.And after driving a Verna,every car looks short of features..[:)]

About 140 etc,its quite common for these cars,they never make you feel until your eyes are on the road and I am quite sure if your friend wouldn't have told you then you would have easily crossed even 150 also.This is such an engine that it just pulls so strongly that one feels the urge of not removing his foot off the gas pedal.

Dear,which Skoda dealer you went for?
I am also using a Skoda car with about 66k kms on odo in 16 months but we are yet to face any major issue,secondly the dealer here at Meerut(C&T motors) is also a good one.

Thread Starter #17
exactly, i wasn't even looking at the speedometer, when my friend told me, i thought of not punishing the car in the beginning period, so pulled off.

and if its about features, installing a caska hu will make it higher in features, but i dont think i need it now after getting usb, rear parking censors and steering controls.

thinking to go for map my india navi+bluetooth.

Dear before doing such speeds again,take a free advise from me.
I never stop anybody from speeding,but do it with patience and confidence.Your car has a soft suspension setup and hence take care of never hitting bad roads or bad patches by this car at high speeds at any cost as it can cause some serious damages to the suspension.

Thread Starter #19
thanks for your advice buddy. I am myself not a speeder, but wasnt aware of reaching that speed so early.
well i have changed the stock shoes from appolo 185/60/r15 to potenza 195/60r15. comfort level and road noice has reduced upto some extent.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^This will give you better grip and even more confidence.And the ABS will now give even better bite.All in all its a good upgrade.
Also take care that never run the car with low air pressure in tyres because if any time by mistake you cause any damage to any alloy rim(which easily happens if tyres are under-inflated)then the alloy can cost you a bomb(Does insurance cover it?)

great to see you love this car, hey reliability and peace of mind tops all features, for me whenever i go drive my aveo i feel to lazy to close the mirrors manually or adjust audio from the head unit, but i love that car gives me good highway drives.
With the verna even i did not know of the speeds i was going on till i saw the speedo. Its a good thing you went for 195 width and potenzas their good tires. Any other plans on upgrades? hows the headlights an ac? better then verna or lower?

Thread Starter #22
i don't know if alloys are covered or not, will ask my SA about it.
when i changed it to potenza RE-88, the Tyre shop guy put in 80psi pressure, n i drove it like that for 20kms, was feeling very uncomfortable with it. went to a shop for nitrogen next day and he told me that its 80psi.
i hope that 20km ride wouldn't have done any damage?

@nick: ACC is pretty good, i found not much difference between verna n vento, because may be my car is always under shed(ground floor alot to parking).
headlights are not that good, planning to upgrade it. need suggestions without void of warranty.

80psi[surprise] how did you drive on that? they must have resembled bus tires(joking)
i don't know why these tire guys overfill, when i got my car out of showroom it was 42psi. When i changed my tires i checked after a week it was 44psi, on the sidewalls it was written do not exceed 45psi. I keep mine at 30psi i feel a mix of comfort and fuel economy there as well as good grips and cornering ability over that it gets bumpy.

Thread Starter #24
i pulled it down to 32 from 80..and drive changed upside down..
at 80psi i passed through some bumps,and felt that same thak thak of verna and it made me very feared about its supension..but after filling in nitrogen 32psi, suspensions are pretty much doing there work..
i hope 80psi wouldn't have done any damage to car..??

i don't know if alloys are covered or not, will ask my SA about it..
when i changed it to potenza RE-88, the Tyre shop guy put in 80psi pressure, n i drove it like that for 20kms, was feeling very uncomfortable with it..went to a shop for nitrogen next day and he told me that its 80psi..
i hope that 20km ride wouldn't have done any damage..?
80 psi!!Hmm,it sounds quite high!!
You must thank God that your tyre hasn't gave way at speed.
I think it hasn't caused any damage to the rim,but maybe it has caused some internal damage to the tyre.
BTW,how you haven't understood that any tyre is over-inflated.One can easily tell it while driving that which tyre may be the culprit and over-inflated tyres always look bigger and don't get pressed by even the road.

@nick: ACC is pretty good, i found not much difference between verna n vento, because may be my car is always under shed(ground floor alot to parking)..
headlights are not that good, planning to upgrade it..need suggestions without void of warranty..
Buddy,you will never know the difference until you go and sit on the rear seat which has got its separate A/C vents.Rest since Verna's A/C is also quite powerful hence there is not much difference but Vento's cabin definitely cools faster and more effectively than Verna.
Headlights...hmmm[thinking],oh yes.We need Ilango here.Why don't you PM him and call him here to give you the best advise on headlights?

Thread Starter #26
actually i was feeling some problem, but thought may be due to change of tyres this is happening and will get use to it, and also 80psi was in all the four tyres.

got to know about it while filling in nitro.

and about AC, ventos rear ac ducts help in fast cooling. they dont blow fast, but help in maintaning the overall environment.

Congratulations for your new acquisition buddy[clap]. That's a very interesting buying and ownership review. Waiting for the pictures..

Thread Starter #29
actually he dint had that measuring device, so he filled it by idea..

Here are the pics of my beauty, sorry guys for the quality of the pictures...

Attachments

Dunno why,but whenever I see the front of Vento,I get mesmerized.Same has happened once again.
The car is looking great in the terra-beige shade.
Post some more pics of interior like dashboard,rear seat etc etc.

Top Bottom