JK Racing Asia heads to Europe

Thread Starter #1
Will run as a support race at Paul Ricard and Spa in addition to two F1 events in Singapore and India.

JK Racing Asia goes to Europe

Having bought out the erstwhile Formula BMW Pacific series last year, JK Tyre is set to raise the bar further by hosting two events of the six-round 'Racing Asia Series' in Europe this season with Paul Ricard in France and Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium being the two new venues on the calendar.

The 16-race series is set to kick off this weekend at the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia as a part of the Malaysian Super Series.

Unlike last year where the series ran as a support race to three Formula 1 events – Malaysia, Singapore and India – this year only two F1 supports will feature. But the calendar looks better overall, with the series running alongside the Blancpain Endurance at Paul Ricard and supporting the 24 hours of Spa race at the Belgian venue.

The back to back European outings will be followed by two consecutive F1 supports – in Singapore and India with the finale held alongside the inaugural Indian round of the FIA GT1 World Championship at the Buddh International Circuit.

Three Indian drivers – Vishnu Prasad, Raj Bharath and Sandeep Kumar, will participate in the opening round at Sepang, after being provided a significant subsidy by JK Tyre for the season opener with Prasad likely to contest the whole championship.

“We are pleased to provide an opportunity to three of our Indian drivers who have been champions on the domestic ground to participate in the season opener race in Malaysia”, said Sanjay Sharma, head of motorsport at JK Tyre.

“Putting Indian drivers on the international grid has always been part of our programme and this will test their mettle in the international arena”, he added.

follow the link for the calender:

Source:
JK Racing Asia heads to Europe - News - Autocar India

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Both Nabil Jeffri and Aston Hare never faltered throughout the two ten lap JK Racing Asia Series races held today at Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia.The Eurointernational teammates won their respective races from pole positions in Rounds 3 & 4.
In Round 3, Malaysian Jeffri got off to a great start to claim his second win of the 2012 season while his Eurointernational teammate, Hare, claimed his third. The young South African was happy with the result but was confident if he had a few more laps, he would have been able to challenge for the win. At the post race press conference, Jeffri was quick to thank his team, “they did a good job in giving me a good car. Better than yesterday’s. I had a good start and from the start itself I pulled away and made a gap with Afiq. When I looked in the mirror at the first lap, Afiq wasn’t there anymore so the pressure wasn’t there. But then came Aston and he made everything harder.

“I just kept pushing and stayed relaxed at the same time but the gap just kept decreasing and I was worried he is going to come, so I just kept pushing. I know he had the pace as well and I know I just had to finish myself.“The alignment of the car was a bit offset from yesterday but the tyres are really good but got a bit worn towards the end” ended Jeffri. For Hare, he wasn’t too pleased with his start, “Afiq got the run off me off the line.

Going into the first corner, I made sure not to touch anybody and went through clean. Then Afiq went off into turn four but other than that it was a good race. “We had strong pace towards the end of the race”. Hare kept pushing right to the end of the race to try for first, “I thought there was a chance, but there were not enough laps”.

Source:
Jeffri and Hare with one win each in JK Racing Asia Series Rounds 3 and 4 | WheelsUnplugged

Top Bottom