JioMeet: Jio To Launch Its Own Video Conference Platform To Compete With Zoom, Google Meet

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
JIo-reuters.jpg

As the utility of video conferencing platforms have skyrocketed during the last few months, platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Google Meet have become increasingly popular. Now, to compete with these apps, Reliance Jio has decided to enter the market with its own video conferencing app JioMeet. The soon-to-launch Jio video conferencing platform was announced by Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) on Thursday post the announcement of its financial results of the fourth quarter.

Though, JioMeet has been around for sometime on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, which means the app has been available for Android and iOS devices, it seems it was in beta all this time. It is expected to commence “commercial” operation in the coming days and will be offered under the banner of Jio Platforms.

JioMeet will be available to users across all platforms – Android and iOS for phones and Windows as well as MacOS for desktops and laptops. There will also be a plugin available separately for the video conferencing solution on Outlook, while the platform will also be accessible through Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Read:

We all have the thought that how can we support a chinese brand , in these tough times , which they have been quite linked to. It is great that Jio is strategising a great plan , but what I feel is in a global level , it definitely needs more features in the software to overcome the crowd zoom has pulled in , currently am in Sydney , and my classes are online , live classes and meetings are through zoom .(Had heard that during February starting , Zoom had reduced their packet rates , thereby most of the universities here had bought its license - same plan which Jio had implemented in India when it was launched ) . I do hope that with collaboration of facebook , Jio does come up with something big in global level.

Top Bottom