Jeepster's 2016 Tata Safari Storme Varicor400: TorqueMonster (1,40,000 Kms Update)

2.25L km update

The Storme just died while taking turn from Tuljapur road to pune on NH65.
Reason faulty EGR. Cost 55K

Decided to find a used one but couldn't find any.

So hunt started to find ways to repair it.
AND Successfully repaired it.

So hint started to find ways to repair it. View attachment 266939 View attachment 266940 View attachment 266941 View attachment 266942 View attachment 266943 View attachment 266944 View attachment 266945
Dear Jeepster,

My Storme has done 1.15 lac kms and this afternoon the car had a breakdown due to EGR as I was on a road trip to Shimla. There were no warning signs. While the local Tata workshop has created a bypass for now by blocking the EGR pipe, I am rather anxious about this. It costs a huge amount of money to get it replaced. Since you've been able to repair it successfully, I would be very grateful if you can guide me on the same. I am available on 9811630202.

Warm regards,
Mohit

HI All,
I too Own Tata Safari storme varicor400nm 4x4 i too faced EGR failure my car has run just 50k kms, After EGR failure there was no signs on the dashboard but car was not moving a inch and was emitting a lot of smoke. Tried to fix the EGR by myself but to my badluck it did not work out beca new EGR cost 55k.
After giving so much of though i left the car at Tata Kropex service center Kormangala they told and promised me that max 10-12days they would replace the EGR and get the car ready, After waiting 2weeks and me regularly following up they told me EGR which comes with factory is not available in entire india and not even in Tata Plant. Then again after a week service center got a info EGR needs to be modified which is priced 47k and they told me that service technician has an idea about this as they have got instructions on replacing it.
They started work on my car and modification work took them 6days, After modifying the EGR there is error code with engine malfunction light lit which service technicians are not able to figure out what's the error.
My car is at service station from past 45days still no resolution for malfunction light i have already paid 50k advance and service adviser has quoted anther 50k+ for total work.
Surprising part is service advisor gave a call told me to collect the car by clearing the balance with engine malfunction error.
Very much pissed of with Tata service and technicians where a simple EGR issue they are not able to resolve.

Cleaning egr hence in turbo diesels proactively every 35-40k kms is very very important!
Tata Service center they dont clean EGR on varicor engines, We here in TSG (Tata Safari group) many owners have faced this issue multiple times but fortunatly they were under warranty.

Top Bottom