• GYPSY

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • JEEP

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
This is always a BIG question in minds of Off-Roading Freaks, A GYPSY or a JEEP. Both are a great off roaders but have their own advantages over each other. Please vote whatever your choice is, my choice is GYPSY for its looks + capabilities and I have never liked Jeeps no matter how good performer they are.

Attachments

don't Call a Mahindra a Jeep.

I will stick to Gypsy. with some addons. Gypsy is unbelievable.

Mahindra XD engine tends to heat a lot and in cold it refuses to start even after multiple heater usage.

BTW my Landrover, will beat both of them in any condition muck or sand. [:)]

i vote for the jeep. the heavier build of the jeep makes it more damage proof off roads. also, the low end grunt of the diesel gives it an advantage. disadvantage is the heavier kerb weight compared to the gypsy.

don't Call a Mahindra a Jeep.

Mahindra XD engine tends to heat a lot and in cold it refuses to start even after multiple heater usage.

BTW my Landrover, will beat both of them in any condition muck or sand. [:)]
we know you are a true LR fan buddy but dont compare a mahindra or a gypsy to a LR. we cannot compare a dzire to a phantom, can we??? LR costs a lot more & with more cost, comes more features.

I will pick JEEP for off-roading. However, if its a matter of off-roading + speeding, I will go for Gypsy.

Since here the question is just 'off-roading' my pick is JEEP !

You cant beat a Jeep with a Gypsy on offroad tracks. It even goes like hell if you rip it!

I even witnessed the jeep performing at an autocross in Kottayam, Kerala in 1996 with a lot of slush on the tracks with deep ruts. There were three gypsies,some esteems,a sierra,an 800 and a lone jeep. Some people even made fun of the guy with the jeep. They said they did not get a tractor in case a car gets stuck in the mud so they got the jeep instead. The cars were sort of doing a reverse moonwalk with all the skid[lol] And even though I learnt driving in an old school CJ 500 D, I never dreamed that the jeep could go so fast offroad. When his turn came the guy driving the jeep amazed all by doing around 90kmph on the straights with ruts. The jeep's rear went about a feet or two into the air after hitting the edges of the ruts,I thought he was going into a roll and crash but the jeep was planted on the track still and kept on going. He even did a drift when he came into the slush sections. And guess what he came in first with a lead of over a minute for a 3.4 km course. The three gypsies came in right behind him. I still love the gypsy a lot,but I dont think you can give it a beating like the good ol' Jeep/Mahindra on the beaten path.

Last edited:
we know you are a true LR fan buddy but dont compare a mahindra or a gypsy to a LR. we cannot compare a dzire to a phantom, can we??? LR costs a lot more & with more cost, comes more features.
Actually i was not talking about the bmw designed & ford acquired, tata won, etc etc LR. Which are bought by the owners and are never took offroading.[frustration]

I am refering to the following.
kenden lr.jpg

350Z

Core Team
till now, from the posts, votes should be 4 for jeep & 3 for gypsy, but actual votes say something different!
The other person to vote for Gypsy is me. Reason? I don't like Jeeps :biggrin: Especially the one manufactured by Mahindras etc. But if the jeep is going look something like this, I'll consider to change my statement. Seriously, It's a tough call to choose between two.

jeep-wrangler.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Actually Chrysler slapped Mahindra for using Jeep label in their vehicle. If you remember correctly they used to Stamp Jeep on the front fender of 540.

After that they started naming Commander, Marshal.

Hence i go with 350Z. and hence my choice of Offroader is Gypsy. I wish it had a large v6 or something. and not a diesel one. [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom