Jeep Grand Cherokee & Wrangler Debuts in India (Details Pg.9)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Fiat Confirms Debut of JEEP Brand in India

Jeep Wrangler - 71.59 lakhs
Unlimited 4X4
2.8-litre, 4-cyl, EcoDiesel
200 PS @ 3,600 RPM
460 Nm @ 1,600-2,600 RPM

Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - 93.64 lakhs.
3-litre, V6, EcoDiesel
243 PS @ 3,600 RPM
570 Nm @ 2,000 RPM

Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit - 1.03 crores.
3-litre, V6, EcoDiesel
243 PS @ 3,600 RPM
570 Nm @ 2,000 RPM

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT - 1.12 crores.
6.4-litre, V8, HEMI petrol
475 PS @ 6,250 RPM
624 Nm @ 4,100 RPM

dead on arrival

Source : car india.

just saw the cherokee's interior [lol] dashboard comparison with the ford endeavour which costs 1\4th of the cherokee's price.

Attachments

I sincerely hope they do not use the phrase "From the makers of Jeep" for any future Fiat launches. That would be the craziest thing. RIP Jeep. Made it all the way to India for a premature death.

Jeep Wrangler - 71.59 lakhs
just saw the cherokee's interior [lol] dashboard comparison with the ford endeavour which costs 1\4th of the cherokee's price.
And Hexas interior which may cost 1/5th of cherokee:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ce-aria-based-hexa-muv-codenamed-eagle-a3.jpg

Well on the price front, the Jeep may cost a bomb probably because they might come to India the CBU route which attracts lot more taxes. Once they manufacture here in India the price may come down quite a bit.

Last edited:

Even otherwise I feel the price is too steep for what it offers. They could have priced it at 75% of the current valuation and then increase it later. With this they have effectively killed the brand. Wrangler for 70 lakhs and GC for 1 cr+? I Wonder who the target customers would be?

I would say this is stupidity. FCA doesn't want to sell I guess. Even for CBUs this price is way to high. They took a lot of time to launch the Jeep products. I don't know what kind of market research went in during that time.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddies,

With this pricing the excitement and expectation both have not been met by FCA. I feel SUVs like GLS, XC90 and Audi Q7 are way more plush than Grand Cherokee. Having seen the interiors of Q7, GLS, and XC90 I can safely say, Cherokee would be bought by loyalists only.

Sharing interior layout of the GLS, Q7 and XC90

20160102_121446.jpg 20160518_133401.jpg 20151008_121453.jpg

It would be really tough in coming days and 2017 for the brand to make the cut because even brands like Skoda will be introducing premium SUV too that would surely be lesser priced as compared to the Cherokee twins.

Bhagwan he maalik hai FIAT ka![;)]

Regards

Akash

What jeep is thinking here. The brand is killed, its better FCA close your shop n go back. Just keep on selling Engines and gear boxes[anger]

mayankdixit

Honoured Member

And now I will think 100plus times before Badmouthing rs 9.5 lakh thar. You get what you pay for. Feel happy behram sir in heaven because you have given us at least something to contend with. These foreigners are absolutely looting us.1 crore for a jeep??? I must be mad to even think about it.

Last edited:
Competent vehicles which i believe are going to be let down due to over - optimistic pricing.
Will be extremely surprised if the vehicles manage to sell even a decent number month on month.

at 50% less price, they may have been tempting to think about, at these prices i feel they are going to be seriously disappointed.

I am not sure if Jeep is for sale or for halo effect in marketing Fiat's other products. In any case, for people who would have imported Jeep, Fiat's India price is cheaper. Jeep would fall under 8703.24.91 HS Code, which has an import duty of 125% ,Landing Charges of 1%, Countervailing Duty rate of 30%, CESS rate of 3%, Additional Countervailing Duty rate of 4%. Apart from this, transportation, insurance, handling charges needs to be paid. Overall the price in India is a good deal for someone who would have otherwise imported Jeep.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
The Atrocious, Ridiculous Taxes in India have pushed the prices almost 2.5~3x.

The preposition (in dream of Absent or saner taxes) of having a JEEP in 35~37L Category is really mouth watering. This Maybe possible in case of Local Manufacturing. Then they could start pulling customers away from Top versions of Endeavor 3.2 or Fortuner .

On the side note, I wonder who has the courage to put a box of 1Cr in a River/Ditch. These vehicles never see what they're designed for- Offroading & Trails. These will rather live an Unnatural life parked under valets of posh hotels etc.

For offroading in india I would buy a sumo or used Scorpio etc.

I wonder who has the courage to put a box of 1Cr in a River/Ditch. These vehicles never see what they're designed for- Offroading & Trails. These will rather live an Unnatural life parked under valets of posh hotels etc.
Absolutely.

If price range is could upto 30-40L, then Jeep could get more customer. They should think on it and should start local manufacturing under Make in India.

Cheers
Atul

Top Bottom