Jazz or Swift? Confused Between These Two

Thread Starter #1
I am new in this forum and want to know the opinion of members regarding choice between New Maruti Swift 2011 ZXI and re launched face lifted Honda Jazz select 2011 my priorities are space & comfort, fuel economy and low maintains cost, good after sales service. I have visited show rooms of both the cars. Maruti & Honda’s quotations are below:
Jazz STD Jazz Select Swift ZXI
Ex- Showroom price 589000 613900 587646
Insurance 16422 17088 17790
RTO / Registration 33820 55457 34685
Logistics 4000 4000 3500
Road side Assistance 4000 4000 200
Extended Warrantee 5600 5600 2960
Total (On Road Price) 652842 700045 646779
My question is should I go for Maruti or Jazz and if jazz, then is it right to spend 50,000 extra for jazz select? (Difference between jazz STD and select are Alloy wheels/ reclining rear sets/ rear parcel tray and chrome garnish in front as well back)

I would suggest you the Jazz since it is much superior to the Swift. Yes, the Maruti will have better A.S.S. & lower maintainence costs though.

You can pick the Jazz STD and go for aftermarket alloys. It will be cheaper & look good too.

I would suggest you the Jazz since it is much superior to the Swift. Yes, the Maruti will have better A.S.S. & lower maintainence costs though.

You can pick the Jazz STD and go for aftermarket alloys. It will be cheaper & look good too.
+1
Even I'd also suggest Jazz only.
You want space,comfort,FE and low maintenance..Jazz has all and space and comfort is really better than Swift
About A.S.S...MS may have good but Honda is also nowhere trailing behind them,they are also experts in pampering their customers..

This is a typical confusion these days for petrol hatch buyers.Of the priorities you mentioned, jazz is more spacious, more comfortable . On the other hand, Swift is cheaper to maintain . On FE, both are almost equivalent i suppose. Swift is more fun to drive and Jazz is suitable to more like a family guy. For just 1/2 people, they wont find the Swift uncomfortable. So, if you want more rear seat space and more boot space, Jazz is for you.

Regarding base vs Select comparo, i personally don't like those chrome treatments on Select. Btw, one doubt ! How come you have to spend 50K more for select?! Just 25K more for select. The price difference between each variant is around 25K. If you ask me, i would say, its worth it. But, if don't like those Honda alloys, then you can opt base and put good aftermarket alloys on the base and it will look stunning (Simply because i hate those overdose of chrome).

You have asked the question, and you have the answer?
Ask yourself these questions and you'll have clear idea, which car you're going to buy?
1. Which one has better After Sales Service in Ajmer (I assume you live in Ajmer)?
2. How big is your family? Jazz will be comparatively more spacious and comfortable.
3. Though both cars are very reliable and you wont need to visit service centre often. But when needed, Honda will be much pricier than Maruti.
4. There's a looong waiting period for Swift. No idea about Jazz. Get clear information regarding this from both the dealers.
5. Fuel economy is more or less same for both, so not a matter of concern.
6. Go through owners' reviews for both cars. Many are available on TAI. Give a little time and you'll be a happy owner of your car soon.

This is very general information. You must have info brochure of both cars. Compare them. See what you want and what can be passed.
Hope this has been helpful to you. thanks.

I would say go for the Jazz. It has everything you want and rear seats are comfortable then swift. And talking about ASS they are not behind or lack in that area as well. So my vote goes for Jazz

If it is Petrol, I would any day pick a Honda over others. With blind eyes you can go for Jazz STD, you will never regret. Its killer looks will kick off swift out of the track. Space, comfort and refinement you will get in jazz is a class ahead of Swift.

Save the 50k by choosing STD variant, use the same for upgrades.

Thread Starter #9
Thank You raj_5004 ,TSIVipul, singh 890 and mr. Boss for your kind suggestion and advice.
Dear Akhilgopal g you are right that difference between Ex showroom price is only 24900 but I am talking about on road price of JAZZ STD (652842/-) and JAZZ Select (700045/-) in Jaipur.
Dear Nozzlering 1. Honda don’t have presence in my city Ajmer so I have to go to Jaipur for A.S.S. but when I raised that point to dealer (Pink City Honda jaipur) They told me that, they organize service camp in Ajmer once in a month so you need not to come to Jaipur for ASS.
2. My family is small just 3 adults and one child but I am thinking of long term because once purchased I will keep it for at least 7-8 years.

One more question is any one compare Jazz with newly launched i-Gen i20 of Hyundai when I have compare features of i20 (Sportz) model with Jazz STD both have same on road price but i20 is loaded with lots of features which is missing in Jazz STD like Front/Rear Fog Lamps, Rain Sensing wipers, Alloy wheels, Fully Automatic AC with heater, Parking Assist (rear sensors, rear camera, display on ECM), smart pedal, impact sensing auto door unlock , clutch lock , lane changing indicator (one touch triple turn), inside rearview mirror (electrochromic ECM), rear defogger with timer.

Now that's an issue buddy,if you don't have Honda dealership in your city then its better you go for Maruti Swift ZXi.
Why?Because Jaipur is about 150 kms away from Ajmer.And even if they organize a service camp once a month,then also if you miss it and secondly a car is a car,its a machine and when even humans get ill without any prior info then how can you believe a machine to that extent?

But yes,if you keep visiting Jaipur regularly for your works then no issue go for Jazz,else its the Swift for you(be practical,only buying a car is not enough,it needs maintenance also).

If I were at your place I would have not considered Honda, as they don't have dealership, service facility in Ajmer. Always keep in mind that you should be minutes away from them in case of any problem and catch hold of them. God forbid, if someone buys a car from them and they have a serious issue, believe me, he will be running between Ajmer and Jaipur. And that becomes really frustrating. As per your family requirement and budget many other cars are available within hyundai and maruti. They will be present in your city.And quality wise they are among the best. Buying an i20 seems to be a nice idea.

Thank You raj_5004 ,TSIVipul, singh 890 and mr. Boss for your kind suggestion and advice.
Dear Akhilgopal g you are right that difference between Ex showroom price is only 24900 but I am talking about on road price of JAZZ STD (652842/-) and JAZZ Select (700045/-) in Jaipur.
Dear Nozzlering 1. Honda don’t have presence in my city Ajmer so I have to go to Jaipur for A.S.S. but when I raised that point to dealer (Pink City Honda jaipur) They told me that, they organize service camp in Ajmer once in a month so you need not to come to Jaipur for ASS.
2. My family is small just 3 adults and one child but I am thinking of long term because once purchased I will keep it for at least 7-8 years.

One more question is any one compare Jazz with newly launched i-Gen i20 of Hyundai when I have compare features of i20 (Sportz) model with Jazz STD both have same on road price but i20 is loaded with lots of features which is missing in Jazz STD like Front/Rear Fog Lamps, Rain Sensing wipers, Alloy wheels, Fully Automatic AC with heater, Parking Assist (rear sensors, rear camera, display on ECM), smart pedal, impact sensing auto door unlock , clutch lock , lane changing indicator (one touch triple turn), inside rearview mirror (electrochromic ECM), rear defogger with timer.
how come onroad difference became that much? Here in my city, the onroad difference is under 30K. Do check on to that again. I guess its X.
i20 has more features , but dynamically and mechanically, i wouldnt suggest you a i20(petrol) over jazz. If features is your priority, then i20 is the best you could get. Take a TD of the three and decide.

You can go for Jazz eyes closed. Jazz is the most spacious and well built hatch,with Honda quality and reliability. But, I would suggest you to go for iGen i20.
* Its a new, fresh model. Issues would have been fixed.
* Definitely the features. Even if you go for the sports variant, you get ABS +airbag +Rain sensing wipers + automatic lamps+ 8 spoke alloys + price lower than Jazz.
But I guess jazz would have better engine refinement and FE.

Hi
From Autocar review of new i20
So it must be said that the new i20 works best as a city car – it is easy to drive though thanks to its light clutch, easy gearshift, superlight steering and good engine responses. The loose high-speed manners may make it a bit of a handful on highways and in emergency situations.
New Hyundai i20 review, test drive - Review - Autocar India

Top Bottom