• Italian

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Japanese

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
Italian cars/bikes are horribly overpriced, but they are so much desirable.
e.g. All Lambos, Ferraris, Ducatis, Aprillias etc etc

Japanese cars are faster than Italians(almost) cost much less, are cheaper to maintain, easier to service and use the latest technology. But are they desirable? Hell, No.
e.g. GT-R ,GSX-R Fireblade

So what do you pick?

what about the germans ??

anytime germans..built for the kill.

then italians.

then question comes how fast?

faster does not a much big difference on road. most basic and crude aeroplanes move faster than 400kmph..

then cars going 300kmph is almost suicidal. but manufacturers can always add tidbits to make it faster,lighter et al.

what requires about the car is reliability and consistency which japanese car do lack a lot but there engine are always a step ahead..for sure

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, Its Japanese and Germans.
For one, I Love Sleepers.
Imagine my M5 with 4 people on board, luggage in boot Eating up ur ferrari on a tricky Road, at half the price what u paid for it.[evil]

And the japanese for tech.
My 10 Year old R32 will become a powerhouse with just a remap and boost increase, Imagine wat u can do with just a laptop sitting inside your car.[clap]

Italians, Good To drool over.

For me, Its Japanese and Germans.
For one, I Love Sleepers.
Imagine my M5 with 4 people on board, luggage in boot Eating up ur ferrari on a tricky Road, at half the price what u paid for it.[evil]

And the japanese for tech.
My 10 Year old R32 will become a powerhouse with just a remap and boost increase, Imagine wat u can do with just a laptop sitting inside your car.[clap]

Italians, Good To drool over.
cant agree more. i mean even if i go for a R35 now, it can smoke a lambo gallardo easily. i mean i love italian cars and they are great but Japanese cars make more sense during the actual ownership costs come banging in. Also german cars are just wonderful! Especially the noise the AMGs make!

350Z

Core Team
It has to be the Japs anyday simply because of their proven long-term reliability, and the Italians for their design. Though, Not that the Japanese cars are not pretty. Overall, if the decision has to be done based upon manufacturer, I would go with the Japanese one.

Drive Safe,
350Z

probably a choice of head and heart.(thankfully we have a distinctive option here in world)

head goes for the japs

heart with italian.

ps:female folks are easily attracted to heart oriented decisions

I vote for Japanese. They give you the most of everything for the least. I dont care for snob value much. And so its Japanese for me anyday.

leave aside the snob value and et all...
which one of them will vouch for better safety?....which one can probably give you a second chance for life? give a thought!!!

If it weren't for my family and other people's inconvenience. I would have opted for a roll cage and four point seat belts. Its the best bet for our crazy roads. Airbags abs and all the other funda is virtually useless against a Tipper truck or an Air bus coming opposite you at mad speeds.[lol]

I vote for the Italians. I would want my car to be a head turner if at all i am spending that amount of money. and i am a die hard lambo fan. no BMW or Nissan has the street presence of a Lambo, IMHO.

If it weren't for my family and other people's inconvenience. I would have opted for a roll cage and four point seat belts. Its the best bet for our crazy roads. Airbags abs and all the other funda is virtually useless against a Tipper truck or an Air bus coming opposite you at mad speeds.[lol]
even roll cages stand no chances against superfast deadly buses of kerala[evil]

I would want my car to be a head turner if at all i am spending that amount of money.
but i think that is only the point. you wont have to spend 'that much' amt with jap car and it can offer you fun of italian in performance and looks..[thumbswink]

but i think that is only the point. you wont have to spend 'that much' amt with jap car and it can offer you fun of italian in performance and looks..[thumbswink]
Nah, i dont think so. No Jap cars win any beauty contest for me... it wont come anywhere near the Italians or the germans as far as looks, presence & elegance is concerned.

performance maybe better but thats not the only thing in a car, is it? Lambos & Maseratis appeal to your heart.

Italian cars/bikes are horribly overpriced, but they are so much desirable
you can print thousands and millions of monalisa pictures on high tech japanese printers which would be dirt cheap but have you wondered the price of original master piece?.

same is the case of paintings from mf hussain,Picasso , raja ravi varma. just give a thought what makes them valuable or priceless.

diamond is nothing but a stone dug out from earth. how much is it worth for a human being in daily use?

"desirable-ness" comes from something divine or psychological part of human .

so called heart thingies generally overrides the head in exorbitant ways.

we have to pay the price if desire arise .

so desires are usually too much expensive!!!

japanese to italian cars would be somewhere 10000:1 respectively , but just look at commotion over it!!!! imho

Last edited:

Top Bottom