It's Time To Have TAI Chennai Meet!!

@ Monkey1 Yeah i think from next time we have to plan the meet somewhere inside city so that many people can attend the meet easily. This time it was planned to Pondy because all the previous meets Pondy members have been coming all the way to Chennai , so this time i thought like this for a change.

So anyways i am ready to meet you guys again at the Auto Expo!

Here is the detailed report of the meet from my side.

To be frank i was not much excited like how i was for the previous meets because none of the new members were joining in and i have met Ilango , Surendar and Gokul(Holysatan) many times before! Anyways the only reason why i continued with the meet ahead as planned because of Jayadev and a couple of other new members whose contact numbers i din't have. Woke up around 7AM in the morning and woke all my lazy friends up too so that i don't end up going late to the venue!

Opened the tap to wash my face and great no water in the tank , what a way to start the day which is already not so interesting! Finally after getting ready we were ready to roll and we started from my home around 9AM. Din't have time for breakfast and we decided we will reach the venue first as i din't want to be late. On the way got a call from Truecitylover(Nagesh) that he will be coming there and asked me to wait for him. Finally as i neared the toll booth i stopped my car before th toll booth and checked if any other car was waiting after the booth. To my surprise i could see a Figo and another car waiting there! Nagesh asked me wait before the toll booth itself so that he doesn't have to pay the toll just for returning back again. But after seeing those cars i got a little excited and i crossed the toll booth. Later found out that those are not our forum guys![frustration]

After waiting for a few minutes i could see a City coming towards me and yes Nagesh joined us. He was shocked to hear when i said nobody was attending the meet except us! We decided to wait till 11AM atleast so that we can catch up with anybody incase they join late. We were waiting waiting but none of the cars in our forum came. My eyes were searching for the white Punto(Jayadev)! Luckily the sun was not too much on that day as were waiting for nearly an hour. Finally decided to take some pictures and depart as there were no signs our members joining in. Nagesh mainly came to meet the new members and also listen to NFS Most Wanted tracks that i have. Before leaving he listened to a few songs and then left.

Though we were waiting for 1 hour at that place under the sun we had many topics to discuss and we were treated to some exotics! First one was a black R8 then an yellow Lambo followed a silver Porsche and another white R8. We saw couple of exotic bikes too
but i don't know the names of them as i am not much of a biker guy. The only bike i could recognize was the Ninja!

Me and my friends decided anyways we have decided to go to Pondy so lets stick to our plans and continue our journey. As we din't have breakfast in the morning decided to have it at Mahabalipuram which was around 30Kms from the toll booth. Reach there around 11:45AM and had some light food so that we still feel hungry when we meet the Pondy members for lunch! Finally we resumed our journey towards Pondy again. We never stop usually in the middle for taking pictures but this time we decided to take some pictures! Finally after starting at 9AM from home reached Pondy around 2PM , 5 hours for 150KMS! Such slow was our driving and we stopped at few places and took many pictures.

Finally after entering Pondy called Ilango and Surendar and after some discussion we decided to have food at a restaurant. The restaurant was so crowded as it was Sunday and we had to wait nearly 30 minutes so as to get a table! Finally when we got a table it was almost 3PM and everything we ordered they said it was not available! Ate whatever was available and decided to head for a photo-shoot!

Rest will be continued.

Here are some of the pictures i took with my camera.

Attachments

Met , spoke spoke spoke spoke while waiting for lunch

then had lunch for 1hour!
need the menu's??

ok
1. brinyani
2. tandoori chicken
3. chicken manchurian
4. chicken 65
5. chicken lollipop.
6. Pepsi and 7up

Did i miss anything.?
7. sweet beeda , banana and most important the BILL

after the lunch
we went to the NH highway for photo shoot.
then planned to go the old harbour. since surendar said it will be too crowd , we went to beach and had ice creams.

:)
cheers!

AMG

Suspended
ilango[speed thirst];82794 said:

need the menu's??

ok
1. brinyani
2. tandoori chicken
3. chicken manchurian
4. chicken 65
5. chicken lollipop.

6. Pepsi and 7up

Did i miss anything.?

after the lunch
then planned to go the old harbour. since surendar said it will be too crowd , we went to beach and had ice creams.

cheers!

Nothing veg?[anger]

@ AMG Well everybody eats non-veg in that gang and it was a Sunday so we decided to have non-veg.

@ Auto_Luver Its okay buddy , we can meet for the Auto Expo which is about to happen in 2 weeks at Chennai Trade centre.

@ 350Z I hope Ilango has given a short description already , if needed i can also give my detailed report.:wink:

ilango[speed thirst];82794 said:

need the menu's??

ok
1. brinyani
2. tandoori chicken
3. chicken manchurian
4. chicken 65
5. chicken lollipop.
6. Pepsi and 7up

Did i miss anything.?

after the lunch

cheers!
Now thats a mouth watering menu!!! Missed it...

Well it was shared equally amongst us , i think it was around Rs.1400 , Rs.200 per head.
Ideally, Ilango should have given the treat or pondy members.[evil]

350Z

Core Team
The meet of total six people was not bad, I would say. Please do ask the other two to join us in the forum as well. (If they haven’t already).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Correction , seven people.:biggrin: Yeah my friends too are automotive enthusiasts , will ask them to join too.

Not a bad meet at all , though the member count was less we had lots of fun! Each time we keep meeting , we keep getting closer. First time we met , we din't talk much and we were talking mostly about cars only. But after meeting each other so many times , we are more like close friends now and our topics of discussion are not limited to cars alone now!

Top Bottom