It's Time To Have TAI Chennai Meet!!

Re: It's time to have Chennai meet!!!

Any more suggestions for a good place are welcome. Once we have enough options we will request mods to maybe add a poll.
good stretch of roads (where law guys don't pester much)

away from killing heat of chennai. (do we have hilly areas near chennai :-P)

preferably with our rides most of the time.

(exotic location as said by truecitylover is also welcome)

easily reachable (or you can post a detailed route map in TAI other wise guys like me wont be able to make it on right time )

Jayadev about the cops , don't worry Chennai cops are very lenient! Heat i cannot help , we will have to bear with it till atleast 3 in the evening. Who knows if the rain gods shower their fortunes on us , then we will be lucky! About the rides don't worry again , most of the time will be spent with our rides. About the route i will guide you once you reach Chennai.

Now the location should be finalized soon atleast in the next 2 or 3 days so that members coming from out of Chennai can plan themselves accordingly.

I still vote for Auto_luver's suggestion. Meet somewhere at the start of ECR in the morning , drive down to Pondy and reach there for lunch , have food at a good place , have a good photo-shoot with our rides and then return back to Chennai at a time which is preferred by most.

The problem with Pulicat lake is i just spoke to Auto_luver , he said its a good place but food and water needs to arranged before hand or cooked from home , i think both will be difficult for us. Else if other members have no problems , i am ready even for Pulicat lake.

ilango[speed thirst];78763 said:
Fine then , so the spot is finalised to pondicherry!
So i can wake up late on that day!! hehe

HA HA HA wait bro , still its not finalized , depends on other members opinions too!

You may still have to wake up early![evil]

Nagalapuram and trekking in hot sun [evil] more over the road from jannappanchatram via periyapalayam is not good , think the road got damaged in last rains. Will conform about the road condition tomorrow. If it's the spot you guys opt for, than we can as well drive for another 20 kms for cone waterfalls. This place is good but heavily crowded in sundays.
i have no issues wherever the spot , the main idea is to meet everyone and have nice time together that all.

@truecitylover: i have been to Pulicate Lake for 4 to 5 times. it was good but not now last time i went on jan i was really shocked to see a new bridge in the entrance. Environment is totally spoiled and now the whole place is filled with plastic cups and bottle (I think you will understand). As you said it was good may be before 1 or 2 years, road are good no problem with that[drive]. But GOOD QUALITY FOOD - no way for that except if anyone can arrange ok.

Safest bet is Pondicherry , good food , long drive , good road and since we will be travelling for sometime(around 2 hours) we wont feel the heat in our AC cars and also Pondy has some great places for photo-shoot!

Still i am not finalizing it guys , any new suggestions are also welcome.

Safest bet is Pondicherry , good food , long drive , good road and since we will be travelling for sometime(around 2 hours) we wont feel the heat in our AC cars and also Pondy has some great places for photo-shoot!

Still i am not finalizing it guys , any new suggestions are also welcome.
I have changed my mind after reading this post. Pondy looks good especially " you-know-why":biggrin: And, Surendar can get his wealthy friends to join us with their posh rides too.

Finally everyone started accepting pondy . Any idea about how many cars will there in the meet if no
Come on everybody let’s start counting cars:
ME: Verna (if possible I will bring my Scorpio too) - one car in now
Start counting [surprise]

Last edited:

@ Thom Wait for sometime buddy , we will start counting cars and the place and time of meet once we finalize the place. I am sure there are going to many cars this time around!

Thread Starter #89

Alright!!!

I think I lost the flow of this thread [;)]
Pondi sounds great to me [:)]

Okay i think only Truecitylover and Bharathj are not yet okay with Pondy , i think rest all members don't have a problem with it.

What say Truecitylover and Bharathj? You have any other places in mind?

Top Bottom