It's Time To Have TAI Chennai Meet!!

Re: It's time to have Chennai meet!!!

I too have not been there bro. I have heard from my friends in office and CTC that its a great place to visit and a completely different experience. You get to go inside the lake and have fun. Photo shoots have been great there.

The lake is 60 kilometres (37 mi) north of Chennai.
To reach Pulicat on the National Highway 5 from Chennai, drive north toward Nellore, after 30 kilometres (19 mi), turn right after the toll gate on Thatchoor Kootu Road to Ponneri village and continue 18 km (11.2 mi) to Pulicat village.
Source: Wiki

Okay i don't have any problems with this plan too. But lets consider opinions of members from Pondicherry too , already they will be travelling a good 150Kms to Chennai! I feel it will be a bit hectic for them and also they may have to depart early to reach home.

For people from pondi, its far and they have to cross the city for this, Again as far as I have heard there is nothing near the lake not even a tea shop, You have to inform the villagers for arranging everything. They will then take a small boat to go to the island. This place is good but everything has to be arranged well before hand.

Okay i don't have any problems with this plan too. But lets consider opinions of members from Pondicherry too , already they will be travelling a good 150Kms to Chennai! I feel it will be a bit hectic for them and also they may have to depart early to reach home.
Thats right bro. We can check out with our Pondy folks too on what they feel.

For people from pondi, its far and they have to cross the city for this, Again as far as I have heard there is nothing near the lake not even a tea shop, You have to inform the villagers for arranging everything. They will then take a small boat to go to the island. This place is good but everything has to be arranged well before hand.
Yes. They need to cross the city. So, lets check with them too.
Yes, you are right. One needs to plan it well in advance and get things from the villagers. Once off from the village, i heard that the place and island is great. This is just one more suggestion [;)].
There may be more and more places coming up. Mahabalipuram is also a good deal if its in ECR which can be taken into consideration.

This time it must be some thing different.
like a convoy with BIG tai sticker. Vibhor must sponsor hehe

It will create some head turn. may be new people will join even more.

In and around pondicherry there are lot of space.

Hold on , lets make anniversary meet on Nov- December a great one.

So

Lets plan a weekend tour - kinda.
trip to yellagiri , yerkaud.
small and not so long distant driving.

ilango[speed thirst];78703 said:

In and around pondicherry there are lot of space.

Hold on , lets make anniversary meet on Nov- December a great one.

So

Lets plan a weekend tour - kinda.
trip to yellagiri , yerkaud.
small and not so long distant driving.
Ha ha ha. Here come the tour plan. LOL. I would agree with the big badge convoy rather. Tour, we can have it unofficially anytime.[cheers]

@ Truecitylover Mahabalipuram is in ECR , our very first TAI Chennai meet took place at Mahabalipuram only , so lets have something different this time.

@ Ilango Tour i am ready anytime![thumbsup] First lets plan this meet now , what do you suggest bro? You say we all drive down to Pondicherry , you know some places where we can have a good photo-shoot , good food and spend some quality time together?

@ Vibhor Are you listening![lol]

yes i was about to put it here .

the fotos of TAI brigade would look great.

@dhaya,
did anybody say lake...crossing water ?

plss plss do not depart me from my beloved (ride)

i know not swimming (it would be a nightmare for me)

on a lighter note : if the lake thing is just too good then agreed.

@ Jayadev: A show-off and photos of TAI brigade would look great!
BTW, i was the one who suggested the lake. I have not been there but heard that it was great from few of my friends.
Its actually a backwater. The water is pretty low and there may be no issues. Got to gather more information on that.
Just check out the place i was talking about: Pulicat Lake and help me with your views.

Last edited:

Pulicat lake will be a good place. But it will be a long trip for ilango & surender.

And how about nagalapuram a trekking spot somewhat near Tada falls. I have heard lot about it and it is a wonderful place.

Pulicat lake will be a good place. But it will be a long trip for ilango & surender.

And how about nagalapuram a trekking spot somewhat near Tada falls. I have heard lot about it and it is a wonderful place.
Nagala is also a great place. But we need to treck. It's the same distance as compared to Pulicat lake (ilango & surender should more or less travel the same distance).

truecitylover,

no issues buddy anything is welcome as long as we all can make this event memorable. (worth to have such meetings again and again) and convenient for as much members as possible. "more the merrier"

i very much wish to see all your rides together.

i haven't attended such a meeting ever so bit of nervousness part can also be accounted.

truecitylover,

no issues buddy anything is welcome as long as we all can make this event memorable. (worth to have such meetings again and again) and convenient for as much members as possible. "more the merrier"

i very much wish to see all your rides together.

i haven't attended such a meeting ever so bit of nervousness part can also be accounted.
Ha ha ha. Same here bro. [:D]

@ Barathj Apart from the extra travelling distance for Pondy members i feel it wont be much fun. I don't like trekking much , so shall we come up with some other place?

@ Jayadev Yeah first time it will be very exciting!:smile: Seeing all your fellow car freaks and friends for first time , it will be a wonderful experience!

All we need is a good place to have food , some driving together , nice place for photo-shoot and also a very good place to have a nice chat without worrying about parking issues and also this searing summer heat!

Date:June12th

Any more suggestions for a good place are welcome. Once we have enough options we will request mods to maybe add a poll.

Last edited:

Top Bottom