Its me, Vishnu from Trivandrum!

Hello Guyz n Girls(If any)
Hi, all guys here:biggrin:!
My name is Vishnu Nair, from Trivandrum, Kerala, The Gods Own Country as they say.
Welcome to The Automotive India, Fuel for Petrolheads as they say.
I am 34 yrs and work in an IT firm. As each one of you, I am also an automobile
enthusiast, and that makes me land here, in this site.
Land ahoy, you landed at the right place indeed sir!
I am a true follower of other big auto blog sites, but never got a chance to write
anything about myself there. I chose to introduce myself here.
Cool. So we have first mover advantage.
Mods, thanks for approving my request and giving an oportunity to mingle with
like minded people here.
Mention not[;)]
My passion for automobiles started from a very young age and I learned to drive when I was 12 yrs in
our MM540 DP, an 87 model which we had till 2003. We discontinued using this jeep from 1994 till 1997
and it was kept under a covered parking area with all tires jacked up.
MM540. 4 gears. Low ratio. Kerala. Life's 4x4xfar.
In 1997, I decided to restore this MM540 to its previous glory. We were even offerred a whoping 2.5 lakhs during that time. But dint sell it.
Aye!
We used the jeep till 2003 and my uncle sold it when I was out of town. I was using a 1995 Tata Sierra which I purchased in 1998.
This sierra alsowent under massive restoration in Tata Authirized SS. Everything was brand new. Now I look at the pictures of other restorations and feel pity that I did not take pictures of all those what I have done.
Don't worry, maybe you'll get to restore another car another time again.
Man this is indeed a passion and this is where we all belong.
Yes. This is it. This is it. this is it.
Then later on I got married and needless to say, my enthusiasm and passion towards autmobiles subsided and gave way to
needs and necessities. But deep inside my heart, I was still the same, old petrol head, waiting to jump outside of all
these hindrances of marriage, fatherhood, and break free to freedom of off roading, rallies and the likes.
Man now you are making me cry[cry]....
Recently I happened to attend the Mahindra Great Escape organized in Kuttikkanam, Kottayam. I managed to get a Mahindra Thar CRDe
from one of my friends.
Some food for the hungry 4x4 soul:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...tures/6322-4x4-technical-terms-explained.html
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/4x4s-off-road-adventures/16365-4x4-driving-tips.html
I was so happy after the Great Escape and feel pity for leting my jeep go in 2003. Its never late.
We are planning to take a Thar CRDe, mainly for off roading activities.
What comes after food? Why, dessert of course: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...mahindra-thar-off-road-test-drive-review.html
Many Thanks for reading.
Regards
Vishnu
Many thanks for the lovely introduction.

Have a great, 'crawling' time here - 4L all the way!

Regards,
Sam

Last edited:

Top Bottom